Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

Re: WEB TEAM please remove these posters

Pitiful, dispicable and downright childish!.

Words I use for describing posters who want fellow posters banned!.

Most of the kiddies demanding someone is banned, in truth have ''other'' issues with that paticular poster, but will look for any old excuse to jump on the playground bullies bandwagon to pursue their own personel vendetta''s.

I''m one of the names on here who get this banning lark threads aimed at them, usually started by someone with a low post count! Smudger, Cluck and now Mr Chops are also in the firing line too.

And yet those calling for our early demise are often the most vociferous with their bad language and insults to fellow posters...........you want names?

So add a new word to my orignal list.............hypocrites!.

The lot of them..............now grow up and behave!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Pitiful, dispicable and downright childish!.

Words I use for describing posters who want fellow posters banned!.

Most of the kiddies demanding someone is banned, in truth have ''other'' issues with that paticular poster, but will look for any old excuse to jump on the playground bullies bandwagon to pursue their own personel vendetta''s.

I''m one of the names on here who get this banning lark threads aimed at them, usually started by someone with a low post count! Smudger, Cluck and now Mr Chops are also in the firing line too.

And yet those calling for our early demise are often the most vociferous with their bad language and insults to fellow posters...........you want names?

So add a new word to my orignal list.............hypocrites!.

The lot of them..............now grow up and behave!

[/quote]

I completely agree with your sentiments here 1st Wiz but I would also add that this particular post from Mr Chops was in appalling taste and I can understand the angy and disgusted response from most posters on here.

We have to respond to reports and take appropriate action if necessary. People were upset by the comparison, but it also wasn''t obvious enough from the first post in this thread that it was satire so statements could be taken at face value; and if that is happening, then that provides libel lawyers with evidence - so we''re being cautious.It could be argued if the message had been posted on a thread that contained examples of the posts/users that Mister Chops was lampooning, then people would understand the context.Mister Chops is safe.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
 I suspect First Wizard, for example, would agree with it at face value & find it not at all ridiculous.
[/quote]

How dare you assume that about me! how dare you put ideas into other peoples minds about my views and principles on life...........and you want other posters banned?[:@]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ron obvious"] I suspect First Wizard, for example, would agree with it at face value & find it not at all ridiculous..[/quote]

How dare you assume that about me! how dare you put ideas into other peoples minds about my views and principles on life...........and you want other posters banned?[:@]

[/quote]I would be grateful if you could tell me how I was supposed to interpret your redponse to the original post.I am always willing to accept I may have misiterpreted it, that is why I said "suspect" not "know".I would suggest you yourself have been guilty of putting some pretty scurrilous ideas into people''s minds about, for example, Delia Smith''s principles on lifeI have never asked for other posters to be banned. That is a lie.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We have to respond to reports and take appropriate action if necessary. People were upset by the comparison, but it also wasn''t obvious enough from the first post in this thread that it was satire so statements could be taken at face value; and if that is happening, then that provides libel lawyers with evidence - so we''re being cautious.

It could be argued if the message had been posted on a thread that contained examples of the posts/users that Mister Chops was lampooning, then people would understand the context.

Mister Chops is safe.

[/quote]

I reason I agree with Shack Attack, is ive been called a nazi, Starlin, hitler, mussolini, coffin dodger, C##t, imbossicle, prat, c##k, yet nobody battered an eye lid. I wonder why?

Oh and they are just a few examples of the names and comparisons made to me. Did anyone kick up a fuss? Or does everyone think its ok to be compared to people who killed millions aslong as they are not on the board of NCFC?

Well said Shack old mate.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]
 I suspect First Wizard, for example, would agree with it at face value & find it not at all ridiculous.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would be grateful if you could tell me how I was supposed to interpret your redponse to the original post.
I am always willing to accept I may have misiterpreted it, that is why I said "suspect" not "know".
I would suggest you yourself have been guilty of putting some pretty scurrilous ideas into people''s minds about, for example, Delia Smith''s principles on life

I have never asked for other posters to be banned. That is a lie.
[/quote]

Just to use the words ''I suspect'' in the context of how you used it Ron, infers that I did agree with Mr C''s message in his blatenly obvious ironic post.

I suspect you want us all banned...............see?.[:|]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]For the record web team I have never sanctioned the gassing of jews! So is that libilous?[/quote]

Judging by the responces on this thread Arthur, I''m glad you said that and not me..............wait for the fallout mate.[:S]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ron obvious"] I suspect First Wizard, for example, would agree with it at face value & find it not at all ridiculous..[/quote]

[/quote]I would be grateful if you could tell me how I was supposed to interpret your redponse to the original post.I am always willing to accept I may have misiterpreted it, that is why I said "suspect" not "know".I would suggest you yourself have been guilty of putting some pretty scurrilous ideas into people''s minds about, for example, Delia Smith''s principles on lifeI have never asked for other posters to be banned. That is a lie.[/quote]

Just to use the words ''I suspect'' in the context of how you used it Ron, infers that I did agree with Mr C''s message in his blatenly obvious ironic post.

I suspect you want us all banned...............see?.[:|]

[/quote]I still suspect that you think comparing Smith to Mugabe is valid. And I have no problem wiyh you suspecting that I want "you all " banned, even though it isn''t true. Ultimately people can only make up their minds about others on the basis of what they write.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

I reason I agree with Shack Attack, is ive been called a nazi, Starlin, hitler, mussolini, coffin dodger, C##t, imbossicle, prat, c##k, yet nobody battered an eye lid. I wonder why?

[/quote]I''ve been called quite a few names as well. Infact some of the people saying that Mr. C''s sarcastic post was abusive are the same posters that have shipped abuse at posters on this forum. If every post that could be abusive to somebody was removed then there would be very little posts on this forum and even less interesting ones.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We have to respond to reports and take appropriate action if necessary. People were upset by the comparison, but it also wasn''t obvious enough from the first post in this thread that it was satire so statements could be taken at face value; and if that is happening, then that provides libel lawyers with evidence - so we''re being cautious.

It could be argued if the message had been posted on a thread that contained examples of the posts/users that Mister Chops was lampooning, then people would understand the context.

Mister Chops is safe.

[/quote]I reason I agree with Shack Attack, is ive been called a nazi, Starlin, hitler, mussolini, coffin dodger, C##t, imbossicle, prat, c##k, yet nobody battered an eye lid. I wonder why?[/quote]I don''t think you''re anything like Hitler Arthur!  [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We have to respond to reports and take appropriate action if necessary. People were upset by the comparison, but it also wasn''t obvious enough from the first post in this thread that it was satire so statements could be taken at face value; and if that is happening, then that provides libel lawyers with evidence - so we''re being cautious.

Mister Chops is safe.

[/quote]I reason I agree with Shack Attack, is ive been called a nazi, Starlin, hitler, mussolini, coffin dodger, C##t, imbossicle, prat, c##k, yet nobody battered an eye lid. I wonder why?[/quote]I don''t think you''re anything like Hitler Arthur!  [:D][/quote]

Thanks for vote of confidence LOL.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

I''ve been called quite a few names as well. Infact some of the people saying that Mr. C''s sarcastic post was abusive are the same posters that have shipped abuse at posters on this forum. If every post that could be abusive to somebody was removed then there would be very little posts on this forum and even less interesting ones.
[/quote]

Exactly, I noticed a few names who didnt think twice about what they had said to me in the past.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

I''ve been called quite a few names as well. Infact some of the people saying that Mr. C''s sarcastic post was abusive are the same posters that have shipped abuse at posters on this forum. If every post that could be abusive to somebody was removed then there would be very little posts on this forum and even less interesting ones.
[/quote]

Exactly, I noticed a few names who didnt think twice about what they had said to me in the past.

[/quote]

By the way AW, what''s an "imbossicle" ?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We have to respond to reports and take appropriate action if necessary. People were upset by the comparison, but it also wasn''t obvious enough from the first post in this thread that it was satire so statements could be taken at face value; and if that is happening, then that provides libel lawyers with evidence - so we''re being cautious.It could be argued if the message had been posted on a thread that contained examples of the posts/users that Mister Chops was lampooning, then people would understand the context.Mister Chops is safe. [/quote]I reason I agree with Shack Attack, is ive been called a nazi, Starlin, hitler, mussolini, coffin dodger, C##t, imbossicle, prat, c##k, yet nobody battered an eye lid. I wonder why?[/quote]I don''t think you''re anything like Hitler Arthur!  [:D][/quote]More of a little Hitler! [;)]

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We have to respond to reports and take appropriate action if necessary. People were upset by the comparison, but it also wasn''t obvious enough from the first post in this thread that it was satire so statements could be taken at face value; and if that is happening, then that provides libel lawyers with evidence - so we''re being cautious.

Mister Chops is safe.

[/quote]

Phew, what a relief that Mr C is safe.

Satire ? Well, I suppose you could describe Mr C''s post as being that but then that''s as apposite as calling Godon Brown the life and soul of a party.  Satire is a close relation of sarcasm and sarcasm is of course the lowest form of wit and Mr C''s post was plumbing the depths. Only my opinion, of course.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s what you would call ''Starlin'' - the friend of the former Russian dictator, Joseph Stalin. Stick out tongue [:P]

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s what you would call ''Starlin'' - the friend of the former Russian dictator, Joseph Stalin. Stick out tongue [:P]

[/quote]

Ha ha ! Now you can tell me what a C##K is ?!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We have to respond to reports and take appropriate action if necessary. People were upset by the comparison, but it also wasn''t obvious enough from the first post in this thread that it was satire so statements could be taken at face value; and if that is happening, then that provides libel lawyers with evidence - so we''re being cautious.

Mister Chops is safe.

[/quote]I reason I agree with Shack Attack, is ive been called a nazi, Starlin, hitler, mussolini, coffin dodger, C##t, imbossicle, prat, c##k, yet nobody battered an eye lid. I wonder why?[/quote]I don''t think you''re anything like Hitler Arthur!  [:D][/quote]
More of a little Hitler! [;)]
[/quote]

Now i can laugh that off CJF, but people find it acceptable to compare me with someone who sanctioned the death of millions, yet the mugambe joke causes uproar. Ive never gassed a jew or invaded Poland!

I wonder what the web teams opion is..im waiting mods..

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sorry for the typo STALIN as in Joseph stalin, a few people have compared me to him in the past and the web team and others just laugh at it. So how is it funny to compare me with a dictotor who killed millions, yet when chops makes a joke that few saw funny it causes a riot?

Sorry Snooty i meant Imbo...or whatever you know what I was getting at!

Mister Chops is safe.

[/quote]

To be fair it was obvious from the first post Vince. I''m not the sharpest knife in the box but it was obvious to me. Or did people think I was serious too when I likened Peter Cullum to Terry Waite and yet still the complaints came in. I bet you get quite a few apples in the morning as stupid posters try to keep on the right side of the prefects[:|]

Vince, there have been a lot worse allowed on this board even when it was moderated. How about the established poster who told us about his dream that Delia Smith and other members of the board were maimed in a car crash? Many people were offended by that and yet no action was taken to remove the post. Removing posts on the whim of a few cry babies could set a dangerous precedent.

I can understand where posters rightly horrified by the events in Zimbabwe could have found the post in bad taste on face value but in a few words on the previous page Desi Rascal explains what Mr Chops motives obviously were.

Now I see another thread has been removed, what was wrong with that one?

Ive never gassed a jew or invaded Poland!

[/quote]That''s good to hear Arthur!  having said that according to the Daily Mail the Pole''s are invading England, so maybe a sneaky counterstrike wouldn''t be such a bad thing! [:D]

AW said : "Now i can laugh that off CJF, but people find it acceptable to compare me with someone who sanctioned the death of millions, yet the mugambe joke causes uproar. Ive never gassed a jew or invaded Poland!

I wonder what the web teams opion is..im waiting mods.."

I didn''t know that you had been likened to Hitler or Stalin and if so I agree that''s in just as bad taste as likening Delai with Mugabe. By the way do you deliberately misspell or are you just an inveterate illiterate ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Mister Chops is safe.

[/quote]

To be fair it was obvious from the first post Vince. I''m not the sharpest knife in the box but it was obvious to me. Or did people think I was serious too when I likened Peter Cullum to Terry Waite and yet still the complaints came in. I bet you get quite a few apples in the morning as stupid posters try to keep on the right side of the prefects[:|]

Vince, there have been a lot worse allowed on this board even when it was moderated. How about the established poster who told us about his dream that Delia Smith and other members of the board were maimed in a car crash? Many people were offended by that and yet no action was taken to remove the post. Removing posts on the whim of a few cry babies could set a dangerous precedent.

I can understand where posters rightly horrified by the events in Zimbabwe could have found the post in bad taste on face value but in a few words on the previous page Desi Rascal explains what Mr Chops motives obviously were.

Now I see another thread has been removed, what was wrong with that one?

[/quote]

You see Nutty Nigel, people like you and I can see this but others cant. The comparisons between me and Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, a nazi etc were made while this forum was being moderated! Make of that what you will, I can laugh it off, but if the web team has this opinion how and more importantly why did they approve those posts about me when they moderated the board 24/7?

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

AW said : "Now i can laugh that off CJF, but people find it acceptable to compare me with someone who sanctioned the death of millions, yet the mugambe joke causes uproar. Ive never gassed a jew or invaded Poland!

I wonder what the web teams opion is..im waiting mods.."

I didn''t know that you had been likened to Hitler or Stalin and if so I agree that''s in just as bad taste as likening Delai with Mugabe. By the way do you deliberately misspell or are you just an inveterate illiterate ?

[/quote]

I just get a bit carried away when i type to quick my friend, also im a bit cack handed LOL. Its true though and the mods allowed it. Im not against a bit of humour, and like I say i laughed it off, but why did people including the mods find this acceptable yet the Chops thing isnt?

I just get a bit carried away when i type to quick my friend, also im a bit cack handed LOL. Its true though and the mods allowed it. Im not against a bit of humour, and like I say i laughed it off, but why did people including the mods find this acceptable yet the Chops thing isnt?

[/quote]As I said before, I think that time softens the impact. Hitler''s far enough in the past to be laughed at. And he lost. What''s going on in Zimbabwe is too fresh in the mind - & Mugabe''s still doing it.As England fans sing at the Germans  : "one World Cup & two World wars, doo-dah, dooh-dah....".Now how bad taste is that??

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

As I said before, I think that time softens the impact. Hitler''s far enough in the past to be laughed at. And he lost. What''s going on in Zimbabwe is too fresh in the mind - & Mugabe''s still doing it.
As England fans sing at the Germans  : "one World Cup & two World wars, doo-dah, dooh-dah....".
Now how bad taste is that??
[/quote]

Firstly Im not saying I have a problem with it im saying nobody else or the web team were bothered by it.I see what you are saying mate, but thats like comparing someone to The Yorshire Ripper, because thats in the past-by the way the German Police arrseted anyone who sang songs refering to the war at the last world cup. Also Norwich fans sometimes sing "we shoot burglars" about Tony Martin, thats hardly in the past, but like i said i can see the humour others cant.