Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

Re: WEB TEAM please remove these posters

I think the most surprising thing here is someone compared Arthur to Stalin! Arthur can be and has been called many things in his time on here but a communist??? [;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Why can some people not seem to realise that, whilst YES it WAS satirical, it was also in extremely bad taste. Therefore it broke the two points of the Code of Conduct that Vince posted so that either he or Pete had to take the appropriate course of action, which in my opinion they did.[/quote]How can it be in bad taste to be in effect saying that the way Delia has been treated you would think that she was somebody like Mugabe. That is in effect what Mr Chopps was illustrating.[/quote]

Well are there not other examples he could have used? Did he really have to use him?

What he did broke the two points of the Code of Conduct, sorry but there''s just no argument to that.

[/quote]Did it really matter which despot he used? Mugabe is hated by most right thinking people. Some of the hate that has been directed to Delia might equate to that directed at a despot( any despot), Chopps just used Mugabe. Mugabe is in the public eye at the moment and I along with Mr Chopps and yoursef and no doubt everyone else on this board despise him.

Sorry to take so long in replying have only just seen your post.

[/quote]

On that note lets leave it be.

[/quote]

Arthur, I know you''re now an Ol'' Big ''Ead [;)] but you are not part of the Web Team. Remember the Bangura of Watford deported thread. The thread that got 26 pages, mainly because you refused to leave it be?

So I''m sorry, but if it''s alright with you sir, I''d quite like to just give tribes a quick reply.

tribes, you have no need to apologise, but what I actually meant was could Mr C not have used another example other than that of a despicable despot like Mugabe? In other words, not a despot, just something different.

Another thing he could''ve done is put the [;)] icon next to his thread title. That may have helped more people realise that he wasn''t being serious in the first place and could therefore have deflected some, if not all, of the flak that he received.

Don''t worry Arthur, I''ve finished now [:)]

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Why can some people not seem to realise that, whilst YES it WAS satirical, it was also in extremely bad taste. Therefore it broke the two points of the Code of Conduct that Vince posted so that either he or Pete had to take the appropriate course of action, which in my opinion they did.[/quote]How can it be in bad taste to be in effect saying that the way Delia has been treated you would think that she was somebody like Mugabe. That is in effect what Mr Chopps was illustrating.[/quote]

Well are there not other examples he could have used? Did he really have to use him?

What he did broke the two points of the Code of Conduct, sorry but there''s just no argument to that.

[/quote]Did it really matter which despot he used? Mugabe is hated by most right thinking people. Some of the hate that has been directed to Delia might equate to that directed at a despot( any despot), Chopps just used Mugabe. Mugabe is in the public eye at the moment and I along with Mr Chopps and yoursef and no doubt everyone else on this board despise him.

Sorry to take so long in replying have only just seen your post.

[/quote]

On that note lets leave it be.

[/quote]

Arthur, I know you''re now an Ol'' Big ''Ead [;)] but you are not part of the Web Team. Remember the Bangura of Watford deported thread. The thread that got 26 pages, mainly because you refused to leave it be?

So I''m sorry, but if it''s alright with you sir, I''d quite like to just give tribes a quick reply.

tribes, you have no need to apologise, but what I actually meant was could Mr C not have used another example other than that of a despicable despot like Mugabe? In other words, not a despot, just something different.

Another thing he could''ve done is put the [;)] icon next to his thread title. That may have helped more people realise that he wasn''t being serious in the first place and could therefore have deflected some, if not all, of the flak that he received.

Don''t worry Arthur, I''ve finished now [:)]

[/quote]He could have done. In retrospect it would have no doubt been better if he had. He was no doubt looking for impact and it certainly had that, but not in the way he thought it would.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Havent read Wiz comparing Delia to a nazi to be honest,[/quote]

Are you Wenger in disguise? [;)] I could find numerous examples of Wiz doing such a thing over the last few weeks and it is those posts that seem to have prompted Mister Chops'' own attempt to lampoon them (which should be filed under "Oops"), but I can''t be bothered.  I just know how people stick together on these forums and think there''s a lot of mud been thrown about over the years without anyone getting too upset.

I do think the reaction to all of this is slightly over-the-top, but that''s mainly because the OP was poorly written and out of context.  As I said and Vince has confirmed, if there had been a context and maybe a smiley then there would have been barely any reaction...

[/quote]

I honestly havent read that, im not saying you are lying, just that I have not read a post from Wiz saying "delia is like a nazi".

This is all out of hand and over the top shall we just leave it at that?

[/quote]i''m not saying its PC evil monkey, but people of an older generation are more likely to label bullying, controlling or domineering people as ''nazi''s'' ''you nazi'' or ''little hitler''s following their experiences during the war and after.  indeed, so strong were these post-war attitudes - they carried on throught the 60''s, and 70''s.  even people from my generation, born in the 60''s used such descriptions commonly.  therefore, to take such comments literally is probably to take them out of context - when probably the accuser merely means (in this case delia) theypersonally  find her behaviour dictatorial...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Oh and they are just a few examples of the names and comparisons made to me. Did anyone kick up a fuss? Or does everyone think its ok to be compared to people who killed millions aslong as they are not on the board of NCFC?

Well said Shack old mate.

[/quote]I''ve left this alone for the most of the day but it seems strange to me that a reasonable question from Arthur still remains unanswered. I''ve had my disagreements with him in the past, indeed I think I may have been responsible for one of those names he mentioned [:$], but as far as I''m aware he never felt the need to report me despite some of the stick he''s taken. Just the same as I never reported him for calling me a ''self loathing liberal'' or a ''disgrace to my country''. Presumably it''s because we''re both grown ups who don''t feel the need to go running to teacher at the first sign of things getting nasty. Why didn''t any of you who claim to be so outraged at Mister Chops'' post stick up for Arthur when he was called names? Neither the name calling or Mister Chops'' piece of satire caused any real and lasting damage so why make a fuss of one but not the other?I''m still pretty annoyed by the decision to remove the original thread but I''m encouraged that posters from both sides of the one big argument that normally dominates this place are in agreement with me. It shows that when it comes to the bigger issues, and believe it or not this is much more important than any takeover, certain people are prepared to ''break cover'' from their usual groups.Keep asking the questions Arthur, I may have disagreed with a lot of what you have written in the past but I''m 100% behind you on this one [Y]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Oh and they are just a few examples of the names and comparisons made to me. Did anyone kick up a fuss? Or does everyone think its ok to be compared to people who killed millions aslong as they are not on the board of NCFC?

Well said Shack old mate.

[/quote]

I''ve left this alone for the most of the day but it seems strange to me that a reasonable question from Arthur still remains unanswered. I''ve had my disagreements with him in the past, indeed I think I may have been responsible for one of those names he mentioned [:$], but as far as I''m aware he never felt the need to report me despite some of the stick he''s taken. Just the same as I never reported him for calling me a ''self loathing liberal'' or a ''disgrace to my country''. Presumably it''s because we''re both grown ups who don''t feel the need to go running to teacher at the first sign of things getting nasty. Why didn''t any of you who claim to be so outraged at Mister Chops'' post stick up for Arthur when he was called names? Neither the name calling or Mister Chops'' piece of satire caused any real and lasting damage so why make a fuss of one but not the other?

I''m still pretty annoyed by the decision to remove the original thread but I''m encouraged that posters from both sides of the one big argument that normally dominates this place are in agreement with me. It shows that when it comes to the bigger issues, and believe it or not this is much more important than any takeover, certain people are prepared to ''break cover'' from their usual groups.

Keep asking the questions Arthur, I may have disagreed with a lot of what you have written in the past but I''m 100% behind you on this one [Y]
[/quote]

Because they are totally different things Shack. Thats what you fail to realise.

No one went running to teacher and no one from what I read called for Mr Chips banned? All they wanted was for the thread to be removed and the mods responded appropiatley. Also what you fail to realise is that IT BREAKS CODES OF CONDUCT! If they dont remove such things they could land themselves in trouble. Would you like the mods to put it back for you at the chance they could lose their jobs? Would that make you happy? They must despair when they read such dribble as above.

Just let it go.

[quote user="Thecullumfan(thecanaryfan)"][quote user="Shack Attack"] Also what you fail to realise is that IT BREAKS CODES OF CONDUCT! [/quote]

And calling someone Hitler/Stalin etc. doesn''t?! What about the ''have a laugh'' thread posted earlier today, with the joke that is borderline racist? I notice a lot of people chastising yesterdays thread having a good old chuckle at that one. Where do we draw the line with these posts?

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="Thecullumfan(thecanaryfan)"][quote user="Shack Attack"] Also what you fail to realise is that IT BREAKS CODES OF CONDUCT! [/quote]And calling someone Hitler/Stalin etc. doesn''t?! What about the ''have a laugh'' thread posted earlier today, with the joke that is borderline racist? I notice a lot of people chastising yesterdays thread having a good old chuckle at that one. Where do we draw the line with these posts?[/quote]well exactly - it was clear from the off what choppo was trying to do...if he''s guilty of anything, its over hamming it...if you wanted to, then you could''ve made something of it - and some did...as strictly speaking, they are entitled to,,,but i would have thought, making their disapproval clear at the time should''ve sufficed...i mean to say - chopsy came on pretty sharpish to explain, maybe an apology there and then would''ve appeased those who were ''offended''... i did a similar ''satire'' thing last year - comparing the board to hitlers last days in the bunker...not for one mo did i intend to offend,  and as far as i know, no-one complained...maybe people are a bit touchy at the mo - credit crunch, rainy sunday etc...mind you, hamilton did a great job flying the flag in the rain!!!

[quote user="Thecullumfan thecanaryfan"]

Because they are totally different things Shack. Thats what you fail to realise.

[/quote]

Forum rules state that :

3. Users must not post messages which:

• Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or

derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or

companies, social or religious groups or people of a different

background, users of the Forum or not.
  • Threaten, intimidate, victimise or harass others.

Mister Chops thread was removed by Vince because it broke forum rules, why haven''t posts insulting Arthur also been removed [^o)]

[quote user="Thecullumfan thecanaryfan"]

No one went running to teacher and no one from what I read called for Mr Chips banned?

[/quote]This thread is titled ''WEB TEAM please remove these posters''. That sounds like running to teacher to me.I won''t ''let this go'' because I think it''s important, the only reason you want me to do so is because more and more posters are agreeing with me [;)]

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="Thecullumfan(thecanaryfan)"][quote user="Shack Attack"] Also what you fail to realise is that IT BREAKS CODES OF CONDUCT! [/quote]

And calling someone Hitler/Stalin etc. doesn''t?! What about the ''have a laugh'' thread posted earlier today, with the joke that is borderline racist? I notice a lot of people chastising yesterdays thread having a good old chuckle at that one. Where do we draw the line with these posts?[/quote]

I dont know why are how you did this but I didnt say any of the above???

[quote user="Shack Attack"]What''s happened to this thread?It shows that I posted at 10.37 but htere''s nothing there.[/quote]Yeah, the same thing happened to me - I''ve noticed this happens sometimes, when someone uses the quote function but accidentally puts their message inside a quote (like Mark just did), no idea why. However I just switched to Firefox and it works totally fine. With Internet Explorer I get the problem you mention.

Now my post is there but there''s another to the left and a load of blank space above.! Plus Thecullumfan has been quoted by somebody else. What''s going on here?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Now my post is there but there''s another to the left and a load of blank space above.! Plus Thecullumfan has been quoted by somebody else. What''s going on here?
[/quote]

I think Ive been misqouted as you and you as me! This needs sorting out!!

[quote user="Thecullumfanthecanaryfan"]

No one went running to teacher and no one from what I read called for Mr Chips banned? 

[/quote]

Then that''s why cry babies [:''(] pressed the report button and the title of this very thread is "WEB TEAM please remove these posters". The thread only breaks the code of conduct if it''s taken out of context and not read in the spirit it was written. I could dredge up loads of threads that actually do break the code of conduct in the spirit they were written. I am in total agreement with Shack and Arthur over this. You couldn''t make it up could you? Shack, Arthur and Nutty as a "gang of three" Can we be a brigade Arthur [:^)][;)]

Still, the lines have been drawn now, it seems that in order to keep the more stupid posters happy [;)] we have to accompany remarks made in jest with a smiley.

See what I did there[:^)]

But did I mean it even so [:^)]

You decide [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Thecullumfanthecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

Then that''s why cry babies [:''(] pressed the report button and the title of this very thread is "WEB TEAM please remove these posters". The thread only breaks the code of conduct if it''s taken out of context and not read in the spirit it was written. I could dredge up loads of threads that actually do break the code of conduct in the spirit they were written. I am in total agreement with Shack and Arthur over this. You couldn''t make it up could you? Shack, Arthur and Nutty as a "gang of three" Can we be a brigade Arthur [:^)][;)]

Still, the lines have been drawn now, it seems that in order to keep the more stupid posters happy [;)] we have to accompany remarks made in jest with a smiley.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree [for once [;)]] With you more [:D] Why do i feel like i''m walking on eggshells?![:O] Is that offensive to Chickens?[:#][:(][:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Thecullumfanthecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In what way does "WEB TEAM please remove these posters" intend for anyone to get banned? I believe you have misinterpreted that somewhat.

You actually believe that Mister Chips thread was written in spirt and was in no way unique?! Get real. Give me an example of another thread that was even half as insulting on humanity as Mister Chips'' was and I might agree with you?

I think you actually believe that the mods are hypocrits. Do they tell you how to do your job? No they dont. You are the hypocrit. And yes the lines have been drawn.

Im sure you could form a brigade. Maybe you could be the stupid brigade? How does that sound?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I am in total agreement with Shack and Arthur over this. You couldn''t make it up could you? Shack, Arthur and Nutty as a "gang of three" Can we be a brigade Arthur [:^)][;)]

[/quote]

If you look a bit further back you''ll see that Bly and 1st Wiz are also in agreement with us. Now that''s a brigade I didn''t think I''d ever see! If I get my own office and a name plate on my desk like I do at the PC Brigade you can count me in [;)]

Arthur, you egg shells comment makes me ashamed to be a Norwich fan and I shall be reporting you immeadiately. You....................chickenist [:D][;)][:P]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Havent read Wiz comparing Delia to a nazi to be honest,[/quote]

Are you Wenger in disguise? [;)] I could find numerous examples of Wiz doing such a thing over the last few weeks and it is those posts that seem to have prompted Mister Chops'' own attempt to lampoon them (which should be filed under "Oops"), but I can''t be bothered.  I just know how people stick together on these forums and think there''s a lot of mud been thrown about over the years without anyone getting too upset.

I do think the reaction to all of this is slightly over-the-top, but that''s mainly because the OP was poorly written and out of context.  As I said and Vince has confirmed, if there had been a context and maybe a smiley then there would have been barely any reaction...

[/quote]

I honestly havent read that, im not saying you are lying, just that I have not read a post from Wiz saying "delia is like a  Nazi.

[/quote]

No, and you won''t find one either Arthur, some posters, especially Evil Monkey, intereprate my posts selectively. ie. A reference by me to Hauptman Smith, is not the same as saying Delia is a Nazi.

Hauptman is rank well known in military circles to be populated by bolshy German officers in the NATO forces, so in fact I really meant she''s bolshy in my opinion.

And thats a zillion miles from NAZI!.

I can''t say the Mods are hypocrits as i don''t know the in''s and out''s of the policy but i would say certain posters are as it''s ok to to slate one but not the other. Why?[:D][:O][:P][;)][:(][:S][:''(][H][:#] [i think i''m covered?!]

[quote user="nutty nigel"] Shack, Arthur and Nutty as a "gang of three" [/quote]

At the risk of offending Christians I would suggest you call yourselves an Unholy Trinity [6]

The above comment should not be interpreted negatively by Christians and readers are advised that other religions are available.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

I can''t say the Mods are hypocrits as i don''t know the in''s and out''s of the policy but i would say certain posters are as it''s ok to to slate one but not the other. Why?[:D][:O][:P][;)][:(][:S][:''(][H][:#] [i think i''m covered?!][/quote]LOL.  [:D]

[quote user="Thecullumfanthecanaryfan"]

In what way does "WEB TEAM please remove these posters" intend for anyone to get banned? I believe you have misinterpreted that somewhat.

You actually believe that Mister Chips thread was written in spirt and was in no way unique?! Get real. Give me an example of another thread that was even half as insulting on humanity as Mister Chips'' was and I might agree with you?

I think you actually believe that the mods are hypocrits. Do they tell you how to do your job? No they dont. You are the hypocrit. And yes the lines have been drawn.

Im sure you could form a brigade. Maybe you could be the stupid brigade? How does that sound?

[/quote]

Well, the opening post does actually say  "Please remove those childish and libelouse posters who post personal atacks on Directors and other posters." and there was no smiley beside it, but of course I could have interpreted it wrongly because as I said earlier I''m not the sharpest knife in the box.

The brigade comment was from a bit of banter from another thread way back, Shack obviously remembered, there''s no reason why you should though and it just goes to show sometimes a post is not all it seems.

I would never attempt to tell someone else how to do their job even though this seems to be the whole point of the messageboard. Everybody knows how to do Glen Roeders job or Neil Doncasters job better than them don''t they? And wasn''t this thread started by somebody trying to tell the Web Team how to do their job? As a hypocrite is somebody who preaches one thing whilst behaving in a different way themselves. I would respectfully suggest that''s possibly a bit closer to you than me.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I am in total agreement with Shack and Arthur over this. You couldn''t make it up could you? Shack, Arthur and Nutty as a "gang of three" Can we be a brigade Arthur [:^)][;)]

[/quote]

If you look a bit further back you''ll see that Bly and 1st Wiz are also in agreement with us. Now that''s a brigade I didn''t think I''d ever see! If I get my own office and a name plate on my desk like I do at the PC Brigade you can count me in [;)]

Arthur, you egg shells comment makes me ashamed to be a Norwich fan and I shall be reporting you immeadiately. You....................chickenist [:D][;)][:P]

[/quote]

LOL

No, and you won''t find one either Arthur, some posters, especially

Evil Monkey, intereprate my posts selectively. ie. A reference by me to

Hauptman Smith, is not the same as saying Delia is a Nazi.

Hauptman is rank well known in military circles to be populated by

bolshy German officers in the NATO forces, so in fact I really meant

she''s bolshy in my opinion.

I think you''ll find you''re being selective yourself there, Wiz... I

distinctly remember one, but I won''t push it further because I happen

to agree with Arthur and co. on this one and feel this is all a little

over-the-top.  I was just trying to show that there''s been plenty

of name-calling without anyone crying to mummy.

Oh, and as for selectively interpreting you Wiz, I think you''ll find I

do no such thing since I very rarely actually pay any attention at all

to what you write since it is usually just a waste of my time...[:P][;)][H]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

No, and you won''t find one either Arthur, some posters, especially Evil Monkey, intereprate my posts selectively. ie. A reference by me to Hauptman Smith, is not the same as saying Delia is a Nazi.

Hauptman is rank well known in military circles to be populated by bolshy German officers in the NATO forces, so in fact I really meant she''s bolshy in my opinion.

I think you''ll find you''re being selective yourself there, Wiz... I distinctly remember one, but I won''t push it further because I happen to agree with Arthur and co. on this one and feel this is all a little over-the-top.  I was just trying to show that there''s been plenty of name-calling without anyone crying to mummy.

Oh, and as for selectively interpreting you Wiz, I think you''ll find I do no such thing since I very rarely actually pay any attention at all to what you write since it is usually just a waste of my time...[:P][;)][H]
[/quote]

I agree EM, this is out of hand, I was trying to ake the point that Ive mged to brush off the nae calling, yet others who dish it out go crying to mummy.

Are people still wetting themesleves because someone used hyperbole to compare Delia to Bobby Mugabe?  I was ashamed to see this title in the list of topics, and here it still is near the top of the list.

Demanding certain posts be removed is disgusting.  If you don''t like it, don''t torture yourself by reading it from beginning to end.  Freedom of speech is not about allowing people to say the stuff you agree with, numbnuts.  It''s about allowing dissenting viewpoints to be made without fear.  I hate THIS topic, but I would never demand it be removed.