Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

Re: WEB TEAM please remove these posters

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Hitler''s far enough in the past to be laughed at. And he lost. What''s going on in Zimbabwe is too fresh in the mind - & Mugabe''s still doing it.
[/quote]

But the laugh wasn''t meant to be about Zimnbabwe, that''s the whole point.

Think Alf Garnett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDY6OC2UVA

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hitler''s far enough in the past to be laughed at. And he lost. What''s going on in Zimbabwe is too fresh in the mind - & Mugabe''s still doing it.
[/quote]

Think Alf Garnett

[/quote]

Hooray! Nutty has his sensible head on!.

[/quote]

Think Alf Garnett

[/quote]

I think everyones missed the point mate, and missing the point im trying to make.

[/quote]Nail hit on head.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

AW said : "Now i can laugh that off CJF, but people find it acceptable to compare me with someone who sanctioned the death of millions, yet the mugambe joke causes uproar. Ive never gassed a jew or invaded Poland!

I wonder what the web teams opion is..im waiting mods.."

I didn''t know that you had been likened to Hitler or Stalin and if so I agree that''s in just as bad taste as likening Delai with Mugabe. By the way do you deliberately misspell or are you just an inveterate illiterate ?

[/quote]

Is the Irony of your post lost on you in relation to this thread?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

AW said : "Now i can laugh that off CJF, but people find it acceptable to compare me with someone who sanctioned the death of millions, yet the mugambe joke causes uproar. Ive never gassed a jew or invaded Poland!

I didn''t know that you had been likened to Hitler or Stalin and if so I agree that''s in just as bad taste as likening Delai with Mugabe. By the way do you deliberately misspell or are you just an inveterate illiterate ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is yor 2nd repli to my pist AW. Why did you desside to cum back at me with this repli ? In any kace, I must be dennis because I dunno what pint your mafeking unless it''s my missspelling of Delai. I ws agreeing with yor maine pint wictch was that you shod not have been lichened to Hilter or Starlin or Mungumbe or Jock the McRipper or, for that matter, Dahlia.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is yor 2nd repli to my pist AW. Why did you desside to cum back at me with this repli ? In any kace, I must be dennis because I dunno what pint your mafeking unless it''s my missspelling of Delai. I ws agreeing with yor maine pint wictch was that you shod not have been lichened to Hilter or Starlin or Mungumbe or Jock the McRipper or, for that matter, Dahlia.

[/quote]

Is crap spelling as bad as War crimes? Work it out.

[/quote]

Lord Snooty - are you the policeman from ''Allo Allo?

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I watched it yesterday, still make me laugh ! It was so bloody god.

[/quote]Lord Snooty - are you the policeman from ''Allo Allo?[/quote]Lol!  [:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is crap spelling as bad as War crimes? Work it out.

[/quote]

Blimey AW. Clam down, clam down. Go and have cup of tea and take time out.

[/quote]

[/quote]It''s POLOCEman, for Gawd''s sake! Carn''t you lot misspell nuffink?

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]This is yor 2nd repli to my pist AW. Why did you desside to cum back at me with this repli ? In any kace, I must be dennis because I dunno what pint your mafeking unless it''s my missspelling of Delai. I ws agreeing with yor maine pint wictch was that you shod not have been lichened to Hilter or Starlin or Mungumbe or Jock the McRipper or, for that matter, Dahlia.[/quote]I''ll never get used to this textspeak !   [:S]

Still waiting for someone from the Web team to explain how its ok to joke that im like a nazi, stalin, hitler etc yet remove a post comparing Delia to a dictator? Like i say, i laughed it off in the same way chops should have been, but would like the web team to explain the difference, after all they allowed these Hitler, Stalin etc compararisons to be made when they were moderating them 24/7.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Still waiting for someone from the Web team to explain how its ok to joke that im like a nazi, stalin, hitler etc yet remove a post comparing Delia to a dictator? Like i say, i laughed it off in the same way chops should have been, but would like the web team to explain the difference, after all they allowed these Hitler, Stalin etc compararisons to be made when they were moderating them 24/7.[/quote]

You were doing Ok until the last line AW then it all went horrirribly wrong.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Still waiting for someone from the Web team to explain how its ok to joke that im like a nazi, stalin, hitler etc yet remove a post comparing Delia to a dictator? Like i say, i laughed it off in the same way chops should have been, but would like the web team to explain the difference, after all they allowed these Hitler, Stalin etc compararisons to be made when they were moderating them 24/7.[/quote]

Did you complain about them, Arthur?

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Did you complain about them, Arthur?

[/quote]

No, I took them as a joke, the same way Chops should have been, but thats my point. Nobody thought it was offensive to compare me with people who tortured and killed millions, yet it was to joke about Delia, and thats all it was a joke that went wrong. i just dont understand why the same people who complained are the same people that have thrown insults my way, yet in some bizare way thats ok in their minds?

[/quote]

What was wrong with the last line? Please explain. They allowed me to be compared to dictators in a jokey way but not Delia?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

What was wrong with the last line? Please explain. They allowed me to be compared to dictators in a jokey way but not Delia?

[/quote]

Hey AW, leave it now, move on. I already agreed with the point you were making but then you decided to hit out at me ! Go and have a rest, it''s about time for your afternoon nap now anyway, isn''t it............................. Only joking, but a mug of ovaltine, an aspirin and 40 winks might make a difference.

Since no one has answered my question I will pose it again, considering the way Arthur is going on - Arthur, if you deem it unacceptable to be referred to as a Nazi (and quite right too) do you condemn your fellow poster 1st Wizard for making similar accusations towards Delia Smith, the target of sustained abuse by said poster, and indeed yourself on numerous occasions?Wiz mentioned the word hypocrite, is all....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Since no one has answered my question I will pose it again, considering the way Arthur is going on - Arthur, if you deem it unacceptable to be referred to as a Nazi (and quite right too) do you condemn your fellow poster 1st Wizard for making similar accusations towards Delia Smith, the target of sustained abuse by said poster, and indeed yourself on numerous occasions?

Wiz mentioned the word hypocrite, is all....
[/quote]

Havent read Wiz comparing Delia to a nazi to be honest, all depends on the person. I laughed it off EM, I just dont understand why people thought it was funny to compare me like that but Delia? I think its a bit low using those sort of comparisons to be frank. 

Sorry monkey just read your post properly, i have never called Delia anything like that before, nor would I. I dont hate her, I just think she has made this club stale.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Why can some people not seem to realise that, whilst YES it WAS satirical, it was also in extremely bad taste. Therefore it broke the two points of the Code of Conduct that Vince posted so that either he or Pete had to take the appropriate course of action, which in my opinion they did.[/quote]How can it be in bad taste to be in effect saying that the way Delia has been treated you would think that she was somebody like Mugabe. That is in effect what Mr Chopps was illustrating.[/quote]

Well are there not other examples he could have used? Did he really have to use him?

What he did broke the two points of the Code of Conduct, sorry but there''s just no argument to that.

[/quote]Did it really matter which despot he used? Mugabe is hated by most right thinking people. Some of the hate that has been directed to Delia might equate to that directed at a despot( any despot), Chopps just used Mugabe. Mugabe is in the public eye at the moment and I along with Mr Chopps and yoursef and no doubt everyone else on this board despise him.

Sorry to take so long in replying have only just seen your post.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Havent read Wiz comparing Delia to a nazi to be honest,[/quote]

Are you Wenger in disguise? [;)] I could find numerous examples of Wiz doing such a thing over the last few weeks and it is those posts that seem to have prompted Mister Chops'' own attempt to lampoon them (which should be filed under "Oops"), but I can''t be bothered.  I just know how people stick together on these forums and think there''s a lot of mud been thrown about over the years without anyone getting too upset.

I do think the reaction to all of this is slightly over-the-top, but that''s mainly because the OP was poorly written and out of context.  As I said and Vince has confirmed, if there had been a context and maybe a smiley then there would have been barely any reaction...

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Satire can still be defamatory if people don''t realise its satire.
[/quote]

Were those the resons for my ship & harbour posts being pulled last week Vince?

I posted it twice, as I wasn''t sure if it was pulled the first time or I had made an error in posting it.

What has happened to us receiving emails whn a post is pulled?  Does that no longer happen since the forum has not been modified?  [8-)]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Why can some people not seem to realise that, whilst YES it WAS satirical, it was also in extremely bad taste. Therefore it broke the two points of the Code of Conduct that Vince posted so that either he or Pete had to take the appropriate course of action, which in my opinion they did.[/quote]How can it be in bad taste to be in effect saying that the way Delia has been treated you would think that she was somebody like Mugabe. That is in effect what Mr Chopps was illustrating.[/quote]

Well are there not other examples he could have used? Did he really have to use him?

What he did broke the two points of the Code of Conduct, sorry but there''s just no argument to that.

[/quote]Did it really matter which despot he used? Mugabe is hated by most right thinking people. Some of the hate that has been directed to Delia might equate to that directed at a despot( any despot), Chopps just used Mugabe. Mugabe is in the public eye at the moment and I along with Mr Chopps and yoursef and no doubt everyone else on this board despise him.

[/quote]

On that note lets leave it be.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Satire can still be defamatory if people don''t realise its satire.
[/quote]

or what about the ''Cluck By Proxy'' posts?  [:D]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Havent read Wiz comparing Delia to a nazi to be honest,[/quote]

Are you Wenger in disguise? [;)] I could find numerous examples of Wiz doing such a thing over the last few weeks and it is those posts that seem to have prompted Mister Chops'' own attempt to lampoon them (which should be filed under "Oops"), but I can''t be bothered.  I just know how people stick together on these forums and think there''s a lot of mud been thrown about over the years without anyone getting too upset.

I do think the reaction to all of this is slightly over-the-top, but that''s mainly because the OP was poorly written and out of context.  As I said and Vince has confirmed, if there had been a context and maybe a smiley then there would have been barely any reaction...

[/quote]

I honestly havent read that, im not saying you are lying, just that I have not read a post from Wiz saying "delia is like a nazi".

This is all out of hand and over the top shall we just leave it at that?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Satire can still be defamatory if people don''t realise its satire.
[/quote]Were those the resons for my ship & harbour posts being pulled last week Vince?

I posted it twice, as I wasn''t sure if it was pulled the first time or I had made an error in posting it.

What has happened to us receiving emails whn a post is pulled?  Does that no longer happen since the forum has not been modified?  [8-)][/quote]It wouldn''t matter if all your posts were pulled smudge, they all say the same thing anyway! Just post your avatar, we know the rest by heart  [;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

On that note lets leave it be.

[/quote]Quite right Arthur.

By the way just read your post in EDP this morning. Didn''t realise you had been watching City so long. You must have some good memories.