Kidderminster Canary

Re: WEB TEAM please remove these posters

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]

Unless these stop I and lots of genuine city suporters will be off

[/quote]

Shut the door on your way out, please.
[/quote]

LOL

If people are so disgusted with a post, why reply to it? Can''t you just ignore it and it will slowly drift down to the bottom and out of sight!

[quote user="colneycanary"]If people are so disgusted with a post, why reply to it? Can''t you just ignore it and it will slowly drift down to the bottom and out of sight![/quote]

Yes its like when people watch tv and they complain about something on it. Well if you dont like it turn over. Im sure there is more than 1 channel on the box?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]da best thing u can do is ignore ok[/quote]

Fair enough but do you have to use irritating "textspeak"?  I much prefer the definite article to be spelt "the" rather than "da".  Call me an old traditionalist if you like but it really doesn''t take that much effort to compose a sentence using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. 

[quote user="The Anonymous One"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]da best thing u can do is ignore ok[/quote]Fair enough but do you have to use irritating "textspeak"?  I much prefer the definite article to be spelt "the" rather than "da".  Call me an old traditionalist if you like but it really doesn''t take that much effort to compose a sentence using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.  [/quote]Unless da bump was on da head and da brain was affected!

The thing is it has caused debate, if people had just ignored it, the post would have disappeared, I''m glad the board isn''t over-moderated as it was in the past.

why shouldnt people be allowed to say how they feel about the board and the takeover? to say they are being libellous is a bit over the top and if the club were that bothered im sure the posters would be sued. its a message board for gods sake where people are allowed to say how they feel!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]why shouldnt people be allowed to say how they feel about the board and the takeover? to say they are being libellous is a bit over the top and if the club were that bothered im sure the posters would be sued. its a message board for gods sake where people are allowed to say how they feel!!![/quote]I essence all would agree however the point of the complaints is that to compare Delia with Mugabee is an insult to those who have had to and are living in the terrible conditions that Mugabee forces upon his people.You may also forget that many Zimbabweans have come to live here to escape the despot and his regime. Many of those have relatives back in Zimbabwe that are suffering. Often they are unable to contact their families for weeks. Any fund the send back home are confiscated by the government and many are in fear of their lives on a daily basis. I know this because my wife works with a Gentleman who has such a family back in Zimbabwe, he has not been able to contact them for many weeksTo compare the fact that Delia won''t sell here shares in a football club with that fact that Robert Mugabee''s regime of terror that sees him refuse to relinquish power despite losing and election is ignorance beyond comprehension.

Are they?  What nonsense.  People cant say how they feel - if everyone posted whatever they wanted without restraint or thought for how other people received it then no message board on the net would survive. 

[quote user="baldyboy"]why shouldnt people be allowed to say how they feel about the board and the takeover? to say they are being libellous is a bit over the top and if the club were that bothered im sure the posters would be sued. its a message board for gods sake where people are allowed to say how they feel!!![/quote]

Fair enough but do you have to use irritating "textspeak"?  I much prefer the definite article to be spelt "the" rather than "da".  Call me an old traditionalist if you like but it really doesn''t take that much effort to compose a sentence using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. 

[/quote]

no i was born in ipswich its the only language i kno

[quote user="Kelly Huckabee"]I believe it is possible to trace a message board poster from their I-Pee address.  If the people who run this board could block their I-Pee address then I think this would help.

[/quote]

lol the webteam will delete posts the deem too bad, but they aren''t the gistapo you know.

This is a forum, freedom of speach was fought for for generations, and I for one am open to adult debate, if I find anything offensive I move on to the next post.

If you don''t like this forum I have one suggestion, don''t use it.  Don''t have to be brain of Britain to work these things out !!!!!!!

Zimbabwe doesn''t enjoy the same freedom as we have; and freedom of speech is one we should respect, not abuse.The Delia/Mugabee comparison was absolutely awful. The post also broke the following Code of Conduct points:
  • Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or

derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or

companies, social or religious groups or people of a different

background, users of the Forum or not.
  • Make libellous comments about individuals or

companies, including Archant newspapers, magazines or websites, and

their staff or contributors. The law against defamation protects

individuals or organisations from attacks on their reputation. This

means the publication of any statement which: exposes them to hatred,

ridicule or contempt , causes them to be shunned or avoided, discredits

them in their trade, business or profession, or generally lowers them

in the eyes of right thinking members of society. Unlike other charges,

the onus is on you in cases of libel, as the author, to prove your

statement or comment is legal.
Note that that reported messages do get through, but there is an recurring problem with an error message that appears when the report gets sent.

Sorry Vince but I think you''ve got this one badly wrong.The comparison between Delia and Robert Mugabe was meant to show how ridiculous some of the things that were being posted with regard to the prospective Cullum takeover were. A cursory glance at the six or so pages that followed the original post would have shown this quite clearly.I''ll be watching the posts of some of those who complained very closely from now on just in case I see something I find offensive.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Satire can still be defamatory if people don''t realise its satire.
[/quote]

But didn''t the following six pages of posts demonstrate that most people did realise it was satire as Shack said?

OTBC

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Sorry Vince but I think you''ve got this one badly wrong.The comparison between Delia and Robert Mugabe was meant to show how ridiculous some of the things that were being posted with regard to the prospective Cullum takeover were. A cursory glance at the six or so pages that followed the original post would have shown this quite clearly.I''ll be watching the posts of some of those who complained very closely from now on just in case I see something I find offensive.[/quote]I don''t think the ridiculousness of the comparison was well made; I suspect First Wizard, for example, would agree with it at face value & find it not at all ridiculous.I was on a bus with a lot of schoolkids sniggering about starving Ethiopian children (during the last famine). I''m afraid  it made me feel quite violent, wanting to give them a little taste of what it is like to suffer.I''m probably strange, but laughing at people in agony makes my blood boil.

I think you need to see a doctor - don''t you realise that a kids way of handling something they don''t understand is to laugh about it? How can you possibly claim to know what 1st wizard was thinking when he responded to the post. You seriously need to get a grip!

[/quote]

It does require an education though!

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Zimbabwe doesn''t enjoy the same freedom as we have; and freedom of speech is one we should respect, not abuse.The Delia/Mugabee comparison was absolutely awful. The post also broke the following Code of Conduct points:
  • Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or

companies, social or religious groups or people of a different

background, users of the Forum or not.
  • Make libellous comments about individuals or

companies, including Archant newspapers, magazines or websites, and

their staff or contributors. The law against defamation protects

individuals or organisations from attacks on their reputation. This

means the publication of any statement which: exposes them to hatred,

ridicule or contempt , causes them to be shunned or avoided, discredits

them in their trade, business or profession, or generally lowers them

in the eyes of right thinking members of society. Unlike other charges,

the onus is on you in cases of libel, as the author, to prove your

statement or comment is legal.
Note that that reported messages do get through, but there is an recurring problem with an error message that appears when the report gets sent.[/quote]Vince, I can certainly see why you might look to delete the post given the rules st above, however there are surely some nuances at wokr here:On point one, "insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or

companies,"
This is all encompassing, Surely we would have little to discuss on the forum if this was followed to the letter. Especially if the usual company norm is followed that it only needs to be considered insulting or abusive to the recipient. Gosh, if we follow this then 80% of the last week''s posting needs removing. In terms of libel, (And i''m no lawyer) would there not need to be substantive  proof that there was some sort of material damage caused by the comment? Otherwise it is surely just comment. Maybe taking it off is not to protect the object (in this case Delia) rather than the forum as being responsible as a conduit of the opinion? That would seem reasonable although if applied across the piece would make for a pretty dull discussion. Then again I replied to the original piece this morning not really assuming for a second it was in any way serious. As someone else rightly pointed out, it is difficult on email. No nuance and no tone.