Sign in to follow this  
edward scissorhands

players norwich should buy this summer

ronny johnson - out of contract at villa, proven premiership experience, would be good if he could avoid injuries
brett omerod - struggling to get 1st team action at southampton because of phillip and beattie, could be available on loan
ray parlour - would be a perfect signing, unfortunately every other team in the premiership would want him
kevin campbell - massive amount of premiership experience, proven goalscorer at that level, his power would complement huckerbys pace nicely
shoala ameobi ( newcastle) , if newcastle get alan smith in the summer, ameobi could be available on a season long loan,
michael ricketts (boro) out of favor, will probally be up for sale in the summer
di canio - a one year deal, the creative spark norwich will need in the premiership,
neil mellor - liverpool youngter

I have to agree the mix is all wrong - our key buys must be in defence and midfield with 1 striker needed to complement the three we already have. Campbell is the name that interests me - he would give us a different option from the players already at the club and has bags of experience. He hasnt appeared much for Everton - anyone know the background to this?

Ricketts could be a good signing - he has scored in the premier with Bolton before going quiet at boro - however he had enough ability to scrape an england cap and is still young enough to have some desire to prove his bolton exploits werent a freak. I would take him over sheringham anyday but it would be a risk to take him on.

OTBC

Campbell has been injured for much of this season, and when he was fit, Rooney & Ferguson were first choice with Radzinski on the bench, hence not much action......
My only concern with Campbell is that he has become more and more injury prone as he has got older, but he has certainly never let Everton down......perhaps a little bit too old though, and his wages will be fairly high - he is one of the ones Everton want off their wage bill

Thanks Templeton - as always wages would be an issue but the last thing we need is another injury prone striker - I think we have had our fill of those recently.

If he is 4th in line he may want to prove himself one last time but I guess that he may also be too old.

For Me we must replace Crichton I''ve no suggettions here as who ever comes here will play second fiddle. (maybe Ian Walker!)

At the back Matt Dawson of Forest

In the middle Etuhi of preston and Reid of Forest

And up front Dean Ashdon Crewe.

I know these are all 1st div but that makes them affordable and we will be able to keep within our wage structure.

Affordable????? Reid has just been priced at £10m! I know what you''re saying though, but I''m not sure about Dawson - he''s been out injured a long time, so I think it would be prudent to see how he recovers first. Like the idea of Etuhu, and definitely rate Ashton. As for keeper cover, how about Steve Simonsen at Everton? He''s leaving the club on a free this summer.....

Good call with Simonsen - a sound keeper - my only doubt is that he has been second best for a while and may actually fancy playing a game.

Dawson has not impressed me at all - let Liverpool pay over the odds for another overrated player. Reid is superb but simply out of our budget.

Etuhu has impressed me but I am not sure that he is that much better than Holt or even Francis so would leave him alone. Ashton is a star for the future and would fit the bill nicely as the final strker to the squad.

OTBC

Yes Zipper, that would be my only concern with Simonsen too........otherwise, I still think Graham Stack would be a good option as keeper cover, even though lots of people seem to think he wouldn''t come here to be number two.....why wouldn''t he? He is currently 4th choice at Arsenal, and only played because Taylor was injured and Shabaan was out on loan.

Worth a punt, if you ask me!

Div 1 Champions 2003/4!

Sorry for butting in but no one has mentioned the EDP new target thread mentioned on Tuesday, we are believed to be interested in a young Norwegian midfielder named Magne Hoset who made a name for himself for his country in the 3-2 victory against Russia. 23 years old he plays for FC Molde and is known to be looking for a move abroad his agent is Einar Baardsen who arranged for Erik Fuglestad to move to Carrow Road Nov 1997. Any body add any more info? regards Beelsie

My local team here in Sweden, Halmstad BK, are currently leading the Swedish league, and have produced such players as Freddy Ljungberg and Mikael Svensson (Soton). There is however one player who could do a good job who moved from Halmstad to Heerenveen in Holland two years ago, called Peter Hansson. He played for Sweden against England at centre half and can also do a good holding job in midfield. He is well worth a look. Actually, we do have one player here who is good and currently plays for Sweden, Mikael Nilsson. He actually plays right midfield, but I can also see him as a cracking right back