Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Koumas might be available

Nigel please take note.

Jason Koumas sent off last night for taking a kick at Darel Russell.

Megsons comments on sportinglife.com, we might appeal but he may not be with us next season.

Is that telling or not, in last season of contract and I hear he has refused to sign new contract.

If NW agrees JK certainly a possibility for our midfield in a creative role and certainly affordable.

I think we''re being a bit optimistic here. I rate Jason Koumas very highly. VERY highly. But so do a lot of other clubs, with a lot more money. West Brom would want to least £2.5M for Koumas. Also, he would probably want to further his career if he left them. I know Norwich are a bigger club than West Brom but we''re not as big as the likes of Spurs, Charlton etc whom I would have thought would love to sign him.

he''s going to be banned for the first 4 games of the season, so that isn''t good for a start. worthy is keen on disipline and he obviously hasn''t got that, so i wouldn''t want him.

I''m with you DD, I think Koumas is a very good player, but he could be even better, I think, with the right nurturing. The management style at West Brom is probably not right for him. I listened carefully to what Megson was shouting at his players during the recent Sunderland v Baggies tie on Skysports and was horrified at what was being shouted at individuals, but mainly at Koumas. Most of it seemed, to my untrained eye, to be undeserved as he more than anyone was trying to be creative and play what I call football. I''m sure he would be more than tempted by offers from the likes of Spurs, Charlton, etc., but he may have to settle for being more of a bit-part player at those clubs, whereas, at a club like Norwich, he would be nore likely to get regular football and find himself treated as a human being. (I''m not saying that Megson''s style doesn''t work, but it surely doesn''t bring the best out of everyone...and Koumas appears to be one of the main individuals who is currently being stifled there). Oh well, hope springs eternal, and never say never, etc.!!!

Koumas would be a fantastic signing IMHO. Young enough to still develop, not so mature that he would cost us the earth. Koumas, Riggot, Christie...that would do for me!!

Koumas is EXACTLY the kind of ball player we need in midfield. He does not fit Megsons team profile - too much skill and too indiscreet with the muggings hence a couple of red cards. He could be a star for us..

And even better if we can sneak him from the baggies on a free

OTBC
Norwich City FC - Div 1 Champions 2003-04

Koumas is wasting his time at WBA, he''s a colourful player and not suited to Megsons Grey 1-0 tactics, get him on board!!