Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

...and there was me thinking that Chris Coleman was a good judge of character!

What was wrong with Leons character? I would have him back here, always gave 110% off the pitch but had some deep problems off the pitch that meant he had to get away from Norwich for his own mental wellbeing.

You dont know what your talking about.

[quote user="ryank"]

What was wrong with Leons character? I would have him back here, always gave 110% off the pitch but had some deep problems off the pitch that meant he had to get away from Norwich for his own mental wellbeing.

[/quote]

Mckenzie was nothing special at all.

He scored against the scum, that''s all he''s ever done MCKENZIE WOOOH

I liked Leon, as did most of the crowd at FCR. Anybody know what his off the problems were? There were the rumours about him & Francis but that can''t be it.

Now now, let''s not get bitter about Leon here... he did some great

things in his time here - his double against the Scum being one thing

we can always be thankful for, not to mention his goal against

Manure.  I know a lot of people are bitter about the way in which

he left, but I know for a fact that things weren''t quite as clear-cut

as people made them out to be and his reasons for leaving were a

personal matter.  I also know we live in a scape-goat culture on

these boards these days, so don''t expect many of you to respond

sensibly, but try not to be so quick to judge these things...

[quote user="ryank"]

[/quote]

Did you miss the whole episode where he refused to play for us again despite us standing by him during several bad injuries and his very public divorce?

Idiot.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="ryank"]

[/quote]

Did you miss the whole episode where he refused to play for us again despite us standing by him during several bad injuries and his very public divorce?

Idiot.

[/quote]Or the whole episode about worthy falling out with him and telling him he didn''t want him at club anymore? McKenzie can do a job in this division.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Now now, let''s not get bitter about Leon here... he did some great things in his time here - his double against the Scum being one thing we can always be thankful for, not to mention his goal against Manure.  I know a lot of people are bitter about the way in which he left, but I know for a fact that things weren''t quite as clear-cut as people made them out to be and his reasons for leaving were a personal matter.  I also know we live in a scape-goat culture on these boards these days, so don''t expect many of you to respond sensibly, but try not to be so quick to judge these things...
[/quote]

I think most if not all of us know he had personal problems. But that doesn''t excuse refusing to play for us again in order to force through a transfer. He was supported here through bad form, bad injuries and personal issues and that is how we''re repaid.

Up there amongst the Damien Francis and Andy Marshalls of this club, IMO. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Did you miss the whole episode where

he refused to play for us again despite us standing by him during

several bad injuries and his very public divorce?

Idiot.

[/quote]

Sorry Marshy, but you obviously don''t know the full story, so I suggest

you reign it in a little else you''ll end up looking foolish when

someone (it won''t be me) briefly posts what actually happened (before

the mods remove it, no doubt)...

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="ryank"]

[/quote]

Idiot.

[/quote]

Or the whole episode about worthy falling out with him and telling him he didn''t want him at club anymore?

McKenzie can do a job in this division.
[/quote]

Don''t know where you fabricated that from. McKenzie was refused a transfer request by Worthington because he wanted to keep him here - but told he would be sold if the right offer came along.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_McKenzie

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/mckenzie.htm

McKenzie then forced through a transfer by telling Worthington he would refuse to play for Norwich again.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Idiot.

[/quote]

Sorry Marshy, but you obviously don''t know the full story, so I suggest you reign it in a little else you''ll end up looking foolish when someone (it won''t be me) briefly posts what actually happened (before the mods remove it, no doubt)...
[/quote]

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~890943,00.html

and

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~891286,00.html

Quite clearly tell the story, Evil. I''m not posting rumours, I''m posting facts.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

I liked Leon, as did most of the crowd at FCR. Anybody know what his off the problems were? There were the rumours about him & Francis but that can''t be it.

[/quote]

Yes I do know what they were, they were related to a long string of incidents, starting with the francis incident, then the resulting divorce which incurred because of that incident, then a whole lot of things that i am not willing to disclose but are obvious possibilites when spliting up with the mother of your young children, then some ill health which required a number of precriptions.

In a nutshell, he put the ability to see his children before his career, hence the reason he moved away from Norwich. In my personal opinion this is the right thing to do.

Sorry Marshy, but all those articles do is back up the version of

events I know of... yes it is true that Leon didn''t want to play for

Norwich any more, but the reasons aren''t disclosed and that should at

least give you some sympathy for the player if you knew them...

*rolls eyes*

The Francis incident was proven to be a load of rubbish.

But then I won''t let facts get in the way of a good story.

[quote user="ryank"]

Yes I do know what they were, they were related

to a long string of incidents, starting with the francis incident, then

the resulting divorce which incurred because of that incident, then a

whole lot of things that i am not willing to disclose but are obvious

possibilites when spliting up with the mother of your young children,

then some ill health which required a number of precriptions.

In a nutshell, he put the ability to see his children before his

career, hence the reason he moved away from Norwich. In my personal

opinion this is the right thing to do.

[/quote]

Sounds like more or less the same story I know, ryank...

*rolls eyes*

[/quote]

By who?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="ryank"]

Yes I do know what they were, they were related to a long string of incidents, starting with the francis incident, then the resulting divorce which incurred because of that incident, then a whole lot of things that i am not willing to disclose but are obvious possibilites when spliting up with the mother of your young children, then some ill health which required a number of precriptions.

In a nutshell, he put the ability to see his children before his career, hence the reason he moved away from Norwich. In my personal opinion this is the right thing to do.

[/quote]

Sounds like more or less the same story I know, ryank...
[/quote]

And the very same story McKenzie himself denied.

*rolls eyes*

[/quote]

By who?
[/quote]

McKenzie himself in about three interviews he did following his wife selling her story to the News of the World.

*rolls eyes*

[/quote]

They werent rubbish, I heard it from the horses mouth, I also know where Leon was staying for a few months whilst *injured* and it was a dark place. So end of.

All I''ll say is that my version of events seems to be similar to

ryank''s, and that my source isn''t "a friend of a friend" but came from

someone who was there at the time...

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

*rolls eyes*

[/quote]

They werent rubbish, I heard it from the horses mouth, I also know where Leon was staying for a few months whilst *injured* and it was a dark place. So end of.

[/quote]

Absolute rofl! Yes, and those stories inspired McKenzie to come out with the retort:

"Anyone who thinks I''ve been locked-up in a mental hospital obviously needs some help themselves"

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~736273,00.html

Again, don''t let facts get in the way of a good story, though.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I don''t know anything about the mental hospital though, that bit was never discussed when I got the full scoop...
[/quote]

Well the article above denies any altercations with Damo as well.

Still, I''m sure your sources are right and what''s printed above is an outright lie.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I don''t know anything about the mental hospital though, that bit was never discussed when I got the full scoop...
[/quote]

Still, I''m sure your sources are right and what''s printed above is an outright lie.

[/quote]

Would anybody admit to being forced to stay in a mental hospital? that would be the end of his career and would make him worse, people would shout skitso at him at games, and the red tops would hound him like gazza in the hope of finding him laying in a pool of his own p*ss and v*mit.  Those rumours were not unfounded.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I don''t

know anything about the mental hospital though, that bit was never

discussed when I got the full scoop...[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say its a lie but simply good PR... you know how are club

are with little stories like this, they''re like those shady government

types in the X Files - Deny Everything!

Don''t be so naive, Marshy, you''re making yourself look foolish and I

have no desire to argue about this subject.  All I''ll say is,

trust me on this one...

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say its a lie but simply good PR... you know how are club are with little stories like this, they''re like those shady government types in the X Files - Deny Everything!

Don''t be so naive, Marshy, you''re making yourself look foolish and I have no desire to argue about this subject.  All I''ll say is, trust me on this one...
[/quote]

Spot on, your nearly as gullible as my missus!

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say its a lie but simply good PR... you know how are club are with little stories like this, they''re like those shady government types in the X Files - Deny Everything!

Don''t be so naive, Marshy, you''re making yourself look foolish and I have no desire to argue about this subject.  All I''ll say is, trust me on this one...
[/quote]

Spot on, your nearly as gullible as my missus!

[/quote]

Stop it guys, you''re killing me.

As I said, believe what you want - I suppose considering that was "the" rumour of the time, the old parable of you hear something enough it becomes true is clearly at work here.

Again, don''t let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Good grief Marshy, you''ve really settled into the trenches for this

one, haven''t you? You''ve got 2 completely independent people with

pretty much the same idea of what happened, both with a source at the

club (if you''ve paid attention to ryan''s posts you''ll spot this), and

I''m telling you outright with my hands in the "Scout''s Honour" position

that what I''ve been told is true.

I''ll leave it there, you can believe what you want too... and don''t believe all the "facts" you read on the official site...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Good grief Marshy, you''ve really settled into the trenches for this one, haven''t you? You''ve got 2 completely independent people with pretty much the same idea of what happened, both with a source at the club (if you''ve paid attention to ryan''s posts you''ll spot this), and I''m telling you outright with my hands in the "Scout''s Honour" position that what I''ve been told is true.

I''ll leave it there, you can believe what you want too... and don''t believe all the "facts" you read on the official site...

[/quote]

Evil, I''m sure you''ve been told that - and if that''s what you believe, then fine. But maybe - just maybe - I''m so adamant about what I say because I know someone as well?

Like I said, don''t let the facts get in the way of a good story.