Sign in to follow this  
Scot the Canary

Sunderland Fans

A great night at the Stadium of Light, despite the trials and tribulations of getting there. I would just like to pay tribute to the Sunderland fans. Many of them stayed behind to applaud our lads as we and they celebrated. On the way out of the ground, I lost count of the number of Sunderland fans who congratulated me and wished us all the best. This was the same on the park and ride bus. Of course, they were happy they had made it to the play-offs but nevertheless, I have never come across the opposition being as happy for us as we were for ourselves. They are a credit to their club and I really hope they make it up with us - despite the long journey there!!!

Yes I agree totally, I was sitting in Sunderland end with some friends from Sunderland and there were no bad comments about Norwich, after the game in a local pub everyone was saying hello and how much they like Norwich.
Many still remember those Norwich European nights on TV.
But yes it was a great testament to friendly football atmosphere with no hint of trouble only praise for Norwich and what we have achieved.

Nick

It would have been better if one of the people involved had told this story first hand but as they havent on this message board I feel I should let people know about their experience last night. A group of my friends hired a minibus for the trip and about 5 miles from Sunderland it blew a gasket. They were standing by the edge of the road trying to contact the hire firm, not quite knowing what to do when a coach from the Spennymore branch of the Sunderland supporters clubs stopped, picked them up and took them to the Stadium of Light. Top fans!

Totally agree that the Sunderland fans were first class..we had loads of them congratulate us after the match as we walked back to the car. A couple even asked if we would like to buy Marcus Stewart!!

The Mackems really are a great bunch. I hope they get up through the playoffs because their fans deserve to be in the Premiership. Best of luck lads and hopefully next season Sunderland away will be on a saturday so we can all go out drinking together afterwards!