Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Reportedly on the verge of signing Clive Platt

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

If it is true, the myth of investment has been shown to be a myth.

Please cross fingers and hope this isn''t true.

[/quote]What?! One signing is not an indication of our finances.

Please either have faith in Roeder and his transfer policy be that loans or permanent deals,  but don''t be selective. Either he is a good operator in the transfer market or he isn''t.  

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

If it is true, the myth of investment has been shown to be a myth.

Please cross fingers and hope this isn''t true.

[/quote]

What?! One signing is not an indication of our finances.
[/quote]

No, but signing a 31yr old journeyman certainly doesn''t indicate huge investment does it!!

I suggest if we sign rubbish like that it is a very clear sign we have no money .

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]I suggest if we sign rubbish like that it is a very clear sign we have no money .
[/quote]

8 goals in a team that finished bottom isnt all that bad. JC only beat him by 4!

He is described as a battering ram. Other players in this ilk arent necessarily goal scorers but they do offer alot. Aerial threat, target man, hold up play, an outlet, a gd partner for another striker and the flexibility of playing 1 up top.

Lets not write him off.......

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]I suggest if we sign rubbish like that it is a very clear sign we have no money .
[/quote]

8 goals in a team that finished bottom isnt all that bad. JC only beat him by 4!

He is described as a battering ram. Other players in this ilk arent necessarily goal scorers but they do offer alot. Aerial threat, target man, hold up play, an outlet, a gd partner for another striker and the flexibility of playing 1 up top.

[/quote]

Please....

Keith Scott, Peter Thorne......I will leave you to add the next name.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please....

[/quote]

Battering rams?

Again there is already a thread about this. Now we have 2 going on about the same thing. WHY CAN''T PEOPLE LOOK BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!!!

Thankyou had to get that out of my system!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please....

[/quote]

Battering rams?

[/quote]

I think we will have to agree to disagree on ths one. At absolute best he should be 4th or 5th choice behind 2 decent signings plus Cureton and maybe Martin!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please....

[/quote]

Battering rams?

[/quote]

I think we will have to agree to disagree on ths one. At absolute best he should be 4th or 5th choice behind 2 decent signings plus Cureton and maybe Martin!

[/quote]

oh i agree stevie but lets not write him off before we have signed him. could be useful......

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please....

[/quote]

Battering rams?

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh i agree stevie but lets not write him off before we have signed him. could be useful......

[/quote]

Fair point, I am usually one of the first to despair at how our fans immediately slate all new signings. I will hang my head in shame [:$]

I have to say this really worries me, my dad is a Notts County fan and Platt briefly played for them and did not impress that much, he looked largly ineffective and kind of arrogant.  I''ve since seen him play for other league two teams and again he did not look anything special, he scores but not that many and doesnt do much else.  And all of this was in league two... We really should be aiming higher.  Would be odd to go from the promise and talent of Hoolahan to Platt.

You all seem worried about the amount of goals he will score...

Let me ask you, how many goals did Dublin score last year?

Now to my main point, Clive Platt is not the star striker we are hoping for neither is he the prolific goal scorer we need.

BUT

We need different options, he would be our new battering ram.. the kind of guy you throw on for the last 20 if your losing to provide some knock downs and chances for poachers. Or the kind of guy you need playin up top on a rainy tuesday night in January at Watford where physicality is the game.

Of course we would stilll need to sign anopther striker and I would like in fact to see another two if Platt is signed... One poacher type i.e Phillips and one tall, skilful type i.e Rasiak

But if Platt comes with a low price tag that doesnt stop us from getting these other types of striker we would also need, then i say dont write the guy off yet.

If he returned with 8 goals, Cureton got 10, Phillips got 15 and Rasiak 15... would you be complaining then?!

[quote user="Giovani Dos Santos"]

You all seem worried about the amount of goals he will score...

Let me ask you, how many goals did Dublin score last year?

Now to my main point, Clive Platt is not the star striker we are hoping for neither is he the prolific goal scorer we need.

BUT

We need different options, he would be our new battering ram.. the kind of guy you throw on for the last 20 if your losing to provide some knock downs and chances for poachers. Or the kind of guy you need playin up top on a rainy tuesday night in January at Watford where physicality is the game.

Of course we would stilll need to sign anopther striker and I would like in fact to see another two if Platt is signed... One poacher type i.e Phillips and one tall, skilful type i.e Rasiak

But if Platt comes with a low price tag that doesnt stop us from getting these other types of striker we would also need, then i say dont write the guy off yet.

If he returned with 8 goals, Cureton got 10, Phillips got 15 and Rasiak 15... would you be complaining then?!

[/quote]

agree 100% top top post

[quote user="colneycanary"]Again there is already a thread about this. Now we have 2 going on about the same thing. WHY CAN''T PEOPLE LOOK BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!!! Thankyou had to get that out of my system![/quote]

I realised that but in the other thread it says we are linked with him, now we are all of a sudden "on the verge" of signing him.

[quote user="Giovani Dos Santos"]

.........and one tall, skilful type i.e Rasiak ..........

[/quote]Has anyone had a good, long look at Raisak?I only saw him once (briefly, on telly), but he looked a complete donkey - clumsy as Hell. I know you shouldn''t make snap decisions like that, but I just didn''t get a warm feeling about the guy. He is obviously effective, scores goals at this level, but is he the sort of player wanted at Carrow Road?I''d be interested to hear from people who''ve had a better look at him.

Give the bloke a chance thats if we sign him

look what brown did at preston just coz platt had a bad season with the u''s does''nt mean he will be usless here

remember all the hype strihavaka had and did nothing here

some players just click at other clubs who know''s could turn out to be a gd signing for all we know

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Giovani Dos Santos"]

.........and one tall, skilful type i.e Rasiak ..........

[/quote]

Has anyone had a good, long look at Raisak?

I only saw him once (briefly, on telly), but he looked a complete donkey - clumsy as Hell. I know you shouldn''t make snap decisions like that, but I just didn''t get a warm feeling about the guy. He is obviously effective, scores goals at this level, but is he the sort of player wanted at Carrow Road?

I''d be interested to hear from people who''ve had a better look at him.
[/quote]

When Ive seen him he always looks a handfull. Much rather they spent money on him than clumsy overated crap like Ameobi or beckford.