Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Trust

with all the speculation goin on with who is going out and who is comin in i think we have all been abit guilty of a lack of trust. a great example of this is the iverson thread people are slagging him off and he has never stepped foot on the carrow road turff in a city shirt. remember when McKenzie first came people were saying "we wanted huckerby and we got who ?" i think that we should sit back and let nige do his work!
i have been as guilty as anyone of speculating on players to come in but please give everyone a fair chance and back nige
OTBC

I don''t agree. Mckenzie was an unknown quanitiy who has thankfully proven himself many times over. Wheras Iverson is a player known to everybody and is clearly sub-standard.

I fully trust Worthy to make the right choices as his recent signings have been excellent.

Duke, I appreciate what you are saying about giving players a chance. However, the Iversen matter is a useful example. Many posters here do not think Iversen would add anything extra to the squad next season, me included. I do trust NW''s judgement though. If he decides Iversen is the man for us then who am I to disagree.NW is the professional after all and his record generally speaks for itself - once Iversen or whoever steps out in yellow and green on our new grass in August they will have my full support regardless of any contrary argument on this board.

I agree with the trust Worthy part - his recent track record is good with only Elvis not quite hitting the mark.

However I, with the aid of some inside knowledge, stated that Leon was not the sub standard donkey that was being muted but was worth a gamble - for once I was proven right.

Howveer as Jonzey states the difference is all in what you know about a player. Iverson has done the premiership rounds & was not prolific at Spurs when they actually created chances, and is 3rd+ choice in a poor wolves side - what can he add to our squad?

The key attributes to any new signing are

1 - he improves on the quality we already have - err dont think so
2 - he has the desire to want to play for the club - err dont see this either - I see a player wanting to keep premier wages - hardly fought to get in the wolves side as far as I can see.
3 - would maintain team spirit - cant argue against this one - he hardly seems the disruptive type.

So with a failure on 2/3 criteria he is a definitive No thanks.

Onwards & Upwards - and with better signings please

OTBC

I hear what you are saying Duke but I don''t think there is a lack of trust. I totally 100% trust Worthy to make the right signings. I know that he knows the game extremely well and knows exactly where we need to strengthen. Whomever we bring in I''m sure the fans will back those players completely. However, as regards to the Iverson thread, we''re all entitled to our opinions. If we did sign him we would all back him on the opening day and give him a fair crack. But as fans we have the right to espress opinions on players we bring in. It was pretty unaminous that we didn''t want Iverson but at the end of the day that''s where it ends. We don''t buy the players- The club does, and I will support any player we bring in.