Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

The transfer prediction league!!

With so much speculation and wondering at who we will buy in the close season, how about making a game out of it? With the hugely popular current prediction league drawing to a close it would be fun to carry something on through the summer. We could all give predictions at how many players we will get and who they will be. They could then be put all in one place (say a pinned thread) Then points could be given if you get the number of signings correct and extra points if you predict the correct player. We could set a final date which could be the opening day of the season or end of transfer window etc? It will also be interesting to see the kinds of players we all want to see.

Feel free to mock me if it sounds like a rubbish idea! And if Pete wants the summer off after working hard with the Prediction league, please say!

Hi Dumble Delia, sounds cool but the bit I don''t see working is that players will be coming and going in the next month or so and right up until the start of the season, hence predictions up until the start of the season won''t really work as it will be happening for ''real''

I like the idea though, what about we set a deadline of May 31st to all select a squad of say 25 players and a starting 11 for the first game of the season, pin the posts and then see if any of our transfer speculations come true etc?

Hey Hayden,

Got to be honest didn''t really understand the start of your thread!! My idea would work that in the next few weeks those who want to would send in who they think we''ll buy. Then we sit back, watch who comes in and then on the opening day or in September see who was most accurate. It''s not really a league at all as it won''t be updated, but just seeing who gets it most accurate in the transfer merry-go-round!