Sign in to follow this  
Spin Spin City

Exclusive: Potential Canary investment!!!

no i have been a canary for 25 years and know this will not happen,we dont need loads of money just a good manager which i think we have, just cant see serious money comin in.just livin in the real world 

My guess would be Peter Cullum, I heard 3 months ago that he''d already been in talks with the club and posted as much on here so maybe the rumours were true.

Now im not one to spread rumours, but there is chap who posts on wotb who in the Jan transfer window was updating everyone on the board with the transfers going through, right up to missing out on Rasiak!

He posted last week that Tuesday of the coming week is well worth waiting for?

Could this all tie in?

Could this also by the reason why Clingan and Hoolahan signed as well, reading the comments in the press.

Fingers crossed!

OTBC

[quote user="Bubsy Willis"]

Now im not one to spread rumours, but there is chap who posts on wotb who in the Jan transfer window was updating everyone on the board with the transfers going through, right up to missing out on Rasiak!

Could this all tie in?

Could this also by the reason why Clingan and Hoolahan signed as well, reading the comments in the press.

Fingers crossed!

OTBC

[/quote]Tuesday is July 1st and the day they officially sign. That is all.

[quote user="timncfc"]

no i have been a canary for 25 years and know this will not happen,we dont need loads of money just a good manager which i think we have, just cant see serious money comin in.just livin in the real world 

[/quote]

Don''t you have some cheques to be writing to Mr Evans...?

It will be nice to wave 10 pound notes at the Ipswich fans this year to repay the compliment from last year.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Bubsy Willis"]

Could this all tie in?

Fingers crossed!

OTBC

[/quote]

Tuesday is July 1st and the day they officially sign. That is all.
[/quote]Think there''ll be more to it than that.

It has to be the Turners putting more money in, and maybe want control of the club. Delia and Hubby will take a back seat, and will remain on the board. or Peter Cullum wants a piece of the action and is willing to invest big money and wants control of the club with the Turners and Delia remaining on the board.

[quote user="colneycanary"]It has to be the Turners putting more money in, and maybe want control of the club. Delia and Hubby will take a back seat, and will remain on the board. or Peter Cullum wants a piece of the action and is willing to invest big money and wants control of the club with the Turners and Delia remaining on the board.[/quote]From what TIL1010 says the Turners may have been responsible for getting this person interested but it doesn''t sound like the cash is coming from them.

[quote user="timncfc"]

[/quote]Tim, the EDP wouldn''t release this story without:
  1. The potential investment being a reality
  2. The investment being definite. They would not compromise any deal involving NCFC without someone giving them the nod - if they did, they know they''d burn a lot of bridges.
I genuinely think we''re entering a new era at Norwich City - one which, I hope, will allow us to compete not necessarily with the QPRs of this league, but definitely amongst the top teams - and comfortably with a certain team down the A140.

Now then here is food for thought! When has Delia been bullish about money? Like in her recent interview she always has pleaded poverty cementing the poor little Norwich title.

Didnt she also look like a whole weight has been lifted off her shoulders?

Interesting times people?

If an announcement for investment is going to be put out in the public domain expect players to sign permanently at the same time.

Now the "potential" word is being used as a due dilligence process is in process as we speak?

OTBC 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Just had a phonecall and someone wants total control of the club in return for 20 million.It is a name we have read on numerous occassions and i am delighted about it.There is little doubt in my mind the TURNERS have pulled of this coup so you can work it out for yourselves.

[/quote]

If this is true it can ONLY be Mr and Mrs Turner or Peter Cullum. Who elses name have we read on numerous ocassions? Unless its that Italian lawyer bloke (although Delia was very adament about him NOT coming onboard)?

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

I really don''t want to get my hopes up. Been let down too many times!

I just hope it''s not another 2 million interest free loan.

[/quote]

Yeah I think thats why I''m keeping my hopes subsided incase the sound of money going "chi-ching" becomes the sound of poo hitting toilet water with a small fart following closely behind.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

I really don''t want to get my hopes up. Been let down too many times!

I just hope it''s not another 2 million interest free loan.

[/quote]Forgive me, but how would that "shock City fans and intrigue rivals"? No, this is something far, far bigger than that - and that is clear from reading the preview on the Pink Un.

Agree, don''t want to get my hopes up...Urgh, sound too negative on my first post :P

Anyway, on the plus side, I think Roeder and the team will have known this for quite a while now and hopefully everything will come through sound.

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Just had a phonecall and someone wants total control of the club in return for 20 million.It is a name we have read on numerous occassions and i am delighted about it.There is little doubt in my mind the TURNERS have pulled of this coup so you can work it out for yourselves.

[/quote]

How much of that £20M will actuall go to buy D&M''s shares (i.e. the Club gets nothing from this) and how much will actually be left for the Club as new capital investment?

If true that it is serious investment, then i hope most of the transfer deals are done.

Clubs with known money don''t seem to be able to make deals without getting ripped off! How many signings has the arms dealer managed down the road....

Delia and Michael would sell for just something like £10 based on their past statements.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

How much of that £20M will actuall go to buy D&M''s shares (i.e. the Club gets nothing from this) and how much will actually be left for the Club as new capital investment?

[/quote]I think he means that if Delia sells her shares and gives him control of the club he would then put 20 million into the club.

[quote user="The King of Prussia"]If this turns out to be the dreary "Canary Kitty" I''m cancelling my order for the EDP. I fear it might.[/quote]Yes because the EDP would publicise a story about the Canary Kitty in this way. Geez!I really hope this post was tongue in cheek.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I suppose your mum knows a lot about football?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

......also seeing as £20m is probably the amount the shares are nominally worth that doesn''t really amount to a windfall does it. Look at the new boss, smae as the old boss.

Now if it was £20m for shares +£20m to pay down the debt & £10m for players that would be exciting.