Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Easton's contract terminated

I did think Easton played well when we went on that run to reach the play-off final 2 years ago. He just couldn''t put it together consistantly. So I say good luck to him where ever he goes. When you''re the champions you greet the world with a smile!

Whatever you think of Clint, I for one would just like to wish him well for the future.

It must be very hard for players like him, Sinclair and Chrichton (and there''ll probably be some more) when they are effectively cast aside just as the bandwagon starts rolling. Not for them the adoration that Iwan can take with him.

I''m not being over sentimental here - just stating that these guys are probably feeling pretty low when all of us are ''over the moon'' and they deserve a hearty fairwell and our best wishes for whatever they decide to do.

If you''ve ever been made redundant from a job - you''ll know how they feel.

Good luck lads.

I''ve just sunk a whole bottle of wine. Nothing can beat this, and I''ve seen ''59 the ''71 promotion and Bayern Munich. Norwich are back Norwich are back!

I would also like to wish Clint all the best in his career and I hope he can take a positive step by moving on from Norwich. I think he has had some undeserved treatment from the fans and I hope he goes to prove a few fans wrong. Good luck Clint.

Fully agree NMTD. but what a night for us supporters. Football is a hard old game and those who don''t quite make it are cast aside but life goes on and we are in dreamland. I''ve been a supporter since my dad used to take me on his shoulder in the mid fifties but this has got to be the best ever. Can''t wait for next season to start.

good luck, Clint. It''s an old maxim that when one door shuts , another one opens but it is often proved true and that seems to be especially the case in football.

I wonder what kind of pay off he got? I believe players who''s contracts are terminated are paid up until the original day their contract should have ended.

I don''t know what his wages were per week, probably around the 5k mark, and did I hear his contract was originally due to expire summer 2005? If so his pay out will be around a quarter of a million!!!!
Please correct me somebody as this horrifies me.

A pay-off of this kind is always subject to negotiation between the club, the player and his agent. In this case, it has been announced that the contract has been ''mutually terminated'', which means some sort of agreement has been reached, reading between the lines. Clubs only usually pay up the entire contract if it is something the player doesn''t agree with - in this case, I think Clint will have been sensible enough to realise he won''t get a look in here next season, and his best bet is to get himself another club and pretty much cut his losses......

Probably a tidy sum but not as much as you suggest.

I''m guessing about the way it works but I believe the severance sum will not be the full portion of the outstanding contract value.

It will be pitched to be attractive enough for Easton to leave now. If he gains immediate employment with another club, although the new wage will be less than at Carrow Road, the net effect could be close to, equal or even better than just rotting away in the background.

On that latter point, if he were to stay put to the bitter end, he is likely in the longer term to be worse off - he becomes another year older, less match fit, forgotton and seen as more of a "reject". Leaving now when promotion appears to have reduced his opportunity is far moe attractive to him. He has a better chance of reemployment and will be seen positively as one of Norwich''s useful support players.

So I reckon its win win for both sides. My estimate of buyout costs are £50 -75k . Say his basic is £2000 a week when you strip out all of the playing and win bonuses etc - and the share-out principles outlined above.

NMTD you take the words from my mouth.i think we should thank clint however useless he has been,he was one of our better players at the beginning of this season!! good luck wherever you go clint

I''ve just been looking back through some old copies of the EDP and Pinkun from the run up to Cardiff. In almost every photo of Norwich players celebrating there''s Easton looking well chuffed. He really was a good team member and obviously loved being at Norwich, I saw him around the Riverside quite a bit and he was always a nice bloke, had a cracking bird too.
It must be awful for him to be cast aside, even though he''s had a bad season. Ok he''s never been a Canary great, but he wasn''t a bad player.

Cheers Clint, all the best.

The reason he was always smiling was because he couldn''t believe his luck to still be at the club. I''m sorry but all he had was a good left foot and that let him down at Cardiff when we needed it. He didn''t tackle, he didn''t pick up runners and was the best marker of open space that the club had. He will find his level but I think it will probably be in Div 2.

Spot on silver fox, whilst i am happy to wish him good luck. If iwan is''nt value for money, than Clint certainly is''nt.

I wish Clint all the best but what use is a footballer who cannot play at temperatures below 20 degrees C?

I hope Mr Perma-tan finds a new club somewhere nice and warm.

At the end of the day basically he wasnt good enough , sorry clint you are the weakest link good bye but by the the way theres a years wages to sofen the blow . go spend it on a makeover OTBC