Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Mulryne to go???????

Someone told me they over heard some people talking and the subject was: Mulryne to leave, anyone else heard anything about this???????

I hope not - I think that having Francis & Holt was essential in Div 1 - played at 100mph with emphasis on work rate, closing down and physical challenges. However although there is greater pace at the top level the one area of the pitch you are likely to get more time is midfield.

As such I can see Mullers being more effective as a play maker in the prem than in div 1 - it is only his lack of speed that prevents him from becoming our desired ball playing midfielder.

I think it would be a mistake to let him go when he can do a job for us, and he finally gets a chance of making some appearances in the premier, even if not too many once another midfielder comes in.

OTBC
Champions Div 1 2003-04

Mulryne is too good a player to discard now. I think he will make a superb Prem player and should show his true colours playing at the top level. His game is more suited to the Prem than the nationwide.

Although I hope he keeps his fitness up over the summer as he is prone to getting a little tubby.

I don''t agree with this common theory that Div 1 is all based on work rate and that you get more time on the ball in the Premiership. The only reason why players look like they get more time on the ball is because they have a better first touch and control of the ball and the passing is a lot quicker. When you put these factors together it''s going make it a lot more difficult for players to get near the ball and close down the opposition, this will be the first thing we''ll find out next season. If people think there''s more work rate in Div 1 than there is in the Premiership then they''re wrong. Premiership players work just as hard if not harder, they just have those extra qualities as i''ve previously mentioned that give them that extra time on the ball. I supposes my point is that there''s no way Mulryne will jump straight into the first team next season if he not even first choice this season. If he was good enough for the Premiership believe me he would have been playing every game this season. I also agree that he looks like he''s put on a bit of timber though.

Pincer, nice train of thought. It''s in my mind also, that Mulryne as I,ve said before is a lazy player and looks for the easy lay off with the least amount of effort required, the give it to someone else syndrome. In my opinion he has bags of tallent but no get up and go. As for the midfield being an easier and more relaxed position in the prem as one person states, I am saying that mid-field in the prem is the engine room where a team breaks up opposition attacks and sets our attacks in motion. With a busy midfield the forward line is assisted to be more motivated to attack. Allowing our front men to get behind the opposition and into the twenty five yard box where most of the damage can be done. Last night after the first mad incisive ten minutes we again stood off and allowed them to come at us and seize the initiative. No Mr Mulryne is not the stuff for a busy Prem, although he could be, with a stone off and 80% more effort. My picture for Norwich is a team in the mould of Sam Allardices lads, and in my mind we dont need too many additions to reach that standard, three hard working skillful players at the most, all with the determination of Malky and Flem. OTBC!!!!

Unless Worthy has several new midfield players lined up this summer, including a playmaker, I''d be very surprised if Mulryne was to leave. Damien Francis'' arrival has pushed Mulryne down the pecking order for good reason. Francis is a much better athlete, and showed against Preston he can both score and set up goals on top of his strong defensive work.

Our squad is small enough and with five or so players already leaving we don''t need players with genuine talent like Phil leaving too, unless better players come in. Even if Mulryne has never quite lived up to his billing as the next Ian Crook he still can play a limited role next season. I agree with the comment above that if Mulryne was Premiership quality he''d be in the team week in week out already. I''m hoping he''ll rise to the challenge and show he really can cut it in the top flight.

We will need someone to take control and run the team from midfield next season. Simply battling it out as we have done at times this season will not be enough. A little quality in midfield could go a long way to helping us prolong our Premiership status.

I''ve heard ''Mullers'' to Sheffield United with a some cash and Michael Tongue coming this way. A move I''d personally welcome.

He is going no where, The last time i spoke to him after city got promoted,he was looking forward to playing in the premier.

Mullers is safe for now. His position in the pecking order will be threatened if Koumas or someone similar arrives. Even so with the midfield being lightweight we cant discard a player of his quality unless the offer is right or he wants to leave - both of which are unlikely.

IMHO the player who should be watching his back is WLY who has had an average season after being given ample chance. He may not have the necessary qualities for the Premiership could be physically dominated there. He will drop behind any wide midfielder that NW brings in either on permanently or on loan. NW could be istening to offers for him.

I think he will stay, although I gather he is not the most liked by Worthy, and this is due to points raised earlier on in this thread.

Personally, I think he has struggled since his free kick against Grimsby, and the "we got him from Man Utd, so he must be good" syndrome. He has set himself high standards, and at times looks fantastic and makes a change for the better when things get a little too defensive, but he does go missing, and looks disenchanted at times.

McVeigh has been given chances, and I think is the most likely, if any to go, but how small can our squad get??