Sign in to follow this  
Laurie Sheffield

David Bentley from Arsenal

Well respected website www.football365.com has the Arsenal starlet linked with a season long loan with the Canaries. Wenger is on record as saying he (Bentley) needs the regular first team action. Does 2 + 2 make 5 in this case? OTBC from sunny Skegness (not!)

If we''re into poaching Arsenal players I''d much rather have Ray Parlour (and that includes Dennis Bergkamp who I''m afraid would never come here anyway). He still looked a class act against Portsmouth the other night and is much under-rated in my view. Bentley looks like a bit of a show pony and too lightweight - most reasonable players could look good in the current Arsenal team. I mean the guy had his own website while he was still in the youth squad for goodness sake, can''t imagine Worthy being too happy with that!

There''s been a few threads regarding Bentley, and the more I think about the possibility of him leaving Arsenal on a season long loan the more I feel this should be with a Div 1 side. Why should we blood another teams young players, we''re one of the top boys now and it isn''t necessary anymore for us to risk this. The type of season long loan I''d like to see is a more experienced player like Forrsell.
Bentley can go to a smaller club like Ipswich, Wolves or West Ham;]

i thought parlour was crap against portsmouth. he kept fouling everyone and kept giving the ball away.
i would much rather bentley than him.

Wenger wont loan Bentley to a Div 1 club...if he was going to do that he would have already done it. IMHO Bentley would be a good loan signing...age has nothing to do with ability...if he is good enough, he is old enough.