Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Radio Norfolk

Anyone got a recording/transcript/link for this interview? Would be interesting to know exactly what he said.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]Peter Cullem has made a statement on R/N this afternoon, saying the offer is still there. Ball in Delias court now. [/quote]

As I suspected last night. This is indeed a hostile takeover.

There will only be one winner and I don''t mean the Stowmarket two.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Anyone got a recording/transcript/link for this interview? Would be interesting to know exactly what he said.[/quote]

No doubt it will be on all the news programmes. 

The suspense is killing me, my finger is sore from clicking the mouse onto this site to see if Delia has spoken.......

COME ON FFS PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY AND SPEAK WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He speaks blithely of putting £20 million into the transfer kitty, and also not wishing to do that without taking control of the club. There is no mention of how much it would cost him in buying out the major shareholders, as well as providing the transfer funds. There''s no point in him taking over the club unless these substantial sums of money are available for the transfer budget alone.

What would his total expenditure be? £40 million?

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]Peter Cullem has made a statement on R/N this afternoon, saying the offer is still there. Ball in Delias court now. [/quote]

As I suspected last night. This is indeed a hostile takeover.

There will only be one winner and I don''t mean the Stowmarket two.

[/quote]

Please God you''re right.

Delia will not go quietly or cheaply! The devil is indeed in the detail, does anyone know the exact offer ?

Surely it wasn''t here''s 20 million for players, now give me all your shares ?

[quote user="dickyst220"]

Delia will not go quietly or cheaply! The devil is indeed in the detail, does anyone know the exact offer ?

[/quote]

The way how things were presented in the EDP, thats exactly the offer.

I read it very much as him saying he would make £20m available on top of buying/being issued with the shares necessary to make him the majority shareholder but i agree it needs clarifying as its quite an important distinction.

Yes but that was evidently not the whole story.  It was 20 million on players (as of last October) but it will also include buying out Delia - around 11+ million.  Plus, it would be sensible to assume that the club debt would have to be paid off or shrunk.  I think it could cost closer to 50 million all in...

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="dickyst220"]

[/quote]

The way how things were presented in the EDP, thats exactly the offer.[/quote]

Not sure anything would have to happen re the debt - that would remain as it is now unless he wanted to re-structure it/pay some off.

The bloke is well known for driving a hard deal - I wouldn''t be surprised if it was 20 million and 20 million only. He knows what he''s doing. By pushing this information out, he''s making her posistion unattainable.

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

He speaks blithely of putting £20 million into the transfer kitty, and also not wishing to do that without taking control of the club. There is no mention of how much it would cost him in buying out the major shareholders, as well as providing the transfer funds. There''s no point in him taking over the club unless these substantial sums of money are available for the transfer budget alone.

What would his total expenditure be? £40 million?

[/quote]

I wasn''t too far out - only £16 million as it happens!