Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

Most Improved Player Vote

Can I have your vote for the most improved player of the season and the biggest disapointment of the season.

Most Improved Player - Henderson.

He has done the any job asked of him, even if its playing out of position and has put in some crucial performances when it counted (Goals against Milwall and that Cross against Forest)

Most Disappointing Player - McV.

Has not reached the hights of two seasons ago. Seems to be a bit lost on the pitch sometimes this season.

Most improved player - Huckerby (I know you mean players who have been around at Norwich for a while, but he''s had a chance and is back to the best we saw from him earlier in his career).

Most disappointing player - Rivers, got chubby and lazy. Would do well to get into a conference side next season.

Bit harsh on Mcveigh, he''s been playing out of position most of the season but has never complained, even when he was dropped. For me the most dissapointing player has to be Rivers. Finished last season and started this season all guns blazing but appeared to lose the plot when the loanees arrived. Laziness and a bad attitude could cost him dearly as i feel he will be the next one to leave in the summer clearout.

Most improved player i would also give to Henderson, although i feel the whole team have stepped up to another level this season.

Special award for most GUTTED player of the season has to go to Briggs. Pre-season he was a dead cert for a starting place but the late arrival of steady eddy condemed him to a season of reserve football. I really hope we keep hold of Briggs as im sure he can do a fine job for city when called upon.

My vote for most improved player goes to Malky as he has been as solid as a rock since Nov however at the end of last season he was defending like me with Eastons effort - not a good combination I can tell you. The start of the season didnt see much change either - but his confidence returned during Oct an since then he has been superb.

Well played Malky

OTBC
NCFC - Div 1 Champeens 03-04

DD - is it fools seldom differ or great minds think alike??? The former in my case anyway :-)

Most improved player - Henderson. I think he will go on to great things once we remember he is a striker and not a winger!

Most disappointing - Can really only be one player - Rivers. With determination and hard work, that right midfield slot would have been his all season. He needs to learn how to react to a challenge.

Most improved player? Ian, Ian Henderson! Remember his 2 goals against Millwall? Spiceworld!

Most dissapointing? I know it doesn''t matter now but after the expectancy at the time of Elvis Hammond, he was actually a load of old toilet. Apart from that, it is difficult as all players who have been poor (not many) have redeemed themselves a la Svensson. I dunno, Harper then, after his shocking tackle against Derby.

A bit harsh on Rivo, started the season well, but then got injured at Forest and by the time he came back we had Hucks, Crouch, Harper, Hendo had established himself, McVeigh was around - he didn''t really have any opportunity. Did you see him at the parade after Preston? Hands in pockets, bored expression - he knows he''s on his way.

Most improved player - I wanted to say Malky or Flem both of whom have quietened the doubters to the point that there is an almost unanimous consensus that they should start next season together (Malky''s Scotland call up indicates this and as John Terry appeared to be limping last night Flem has to be going to Portugal!)

However I would give it to Greeno. We knew he was good before but now you can put a serious argument for him being the best English keeper out there and deserves a place on the plane to Portugal. As much as Hucks has done for us this season, promotion wouldn''t have been achieved so easily without Greeno''s extraordinary saves which have secured us three points at times when the pressure was on.

Most disappointing player - I agree with the Rivo argument as there is no excuse why he shouldn''t be playing a greater part. But for me, the biggest disappointment was Zema. He must be gutted that he has been out of the scene for so long. There is a chance too that he will be released soon and another club will get the benefits of a fully fit Zema and Im sure he will vindicate our original decision to buy him. Without ever being able to prove himself without an injury we cannot tell how good he could be.

Most Improved-has to be Svensson. After the stick he was getting, he has really shown his true colours.
Most dissapointing- Slightly different thread, but Iwan going, very upsetting indeed. And I had hoped to see more of Jarvis, I hope we will in the future.
OTBC.

Most improved - has to be Malky.

Last autumn the donkey word was being voiced and Shackell backed as the future. Not now though. Crikey, in the last few games he''s been back-heeling, shooting, passing.As well as defence.
Has made it into the national side.
Well done.

Biggest dissappointment.

Mcveigh. Passing hads been awry last few months and making little impact on game. No longer first choice.

Biggest disappointment has to Rivers - his appearance against Bradford summed it up - he had the opportunity he had been demanding only to come on as sub to be anonymous on the piitch, hiding away from the ball and not prepared to track back. The boy lacks gumption and deservedly should leave the club - the biggest waste of pure talent at the club.

In defence of my namesake I think WLY has had a reasonable season but it happened to finish on a low rather than a high point. The boy has the ability but seems to only perform at a peak for a certain number of games. He suffered badly when asked to move from left to right wing to solve the ''''right wing problem'', on the left he had built up an excellent understanding with Hux that was the foundation of our pre Xmas surge.

OTBC

Most improved - Malkay! I would hate to play against him....and for goodness sake make him captain now!!
Most dissappointing - like most others I would have to say Rivers. There were times when he was different class, and then there were times when he was crap. Unfortunately he was crap more often than not - one good thump by the opposition and he didnt want to know. He should take a leaf out of Huck''s book who just gets on with it no matter how many times he is brought down with a heavy tackle. If Rivers had any bottle he could have made the right midfield berth his own...now it is time for him to go!!