Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

it's Cullum !!!

Front page for those living away from Norfolk

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/vsmall.jpg[/IMG]

it certainly does seem strange the offer was supposedly available last Oct when we were in the cart and that investment could have pushed us on in the Jan transfer window, remember when we would not up our price by approx £100k - £200k for Tiny and even getting a striker could have kept us near the play off picture

Seems to me that Delia would rather keep us a small club with no money than hand over the reins - hope I''m wrong though.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]4. Mr Cullum has made a good offer for the club but Delia doesn''t want to let go and is hanging on to the bitter end in spite of her telling us she would.

KDNCFC that doesn''t tie in with what we know - Delia was obviously hardly able to contain her excitement at the Royal Norfolk Show about investment coming in. She would hardly be excited about an offer she had already turned down, would she?

All sorts of things could be wrong with the offer (please tell me if any of this contradicts the EDP article, being in Australia I can''t read it);
- It could be an ''investment'' that he wants realised i.e. he is looking to profit from the club. If say he wants to take his money out after 5 years even if we haven''t been promoted, it could spell disaster for us
- Delia and co might be trying to negotiate right now to get Cullum to include writing off the debt in his bid. She always said that if someone came in with the club''s best interestes at heart, had money to spend on players AND would write clear the debt, she would sell
- Maybe he would insist on raising money in other ways, such as selling off the ground, putting up prices etc. Who wants that?

Before we all start screaming for Delia''s blood, I think we need to know her side, don''t you? Why do people seem to think that any investment is good investment, when it has gone so badly wrong at so many other clubs?
[/quote]I didn''t say that option 4 was definitely the case, merely that it was another possibility. Maybe she is being unreasonable with her demands and Mr Cullums patience will only stretch so far. I get the impression that money is not Mr Cullums god as he gives a lot to charity and has been quoted as saying he will give much of his money away, I would say he''s without a shadow of doubt the kind of person who we need.

[quote user="cityangel"]Seems to me that Delia would rather keep us a small club with no money than hand over the reins - hope I''m wrong though.[/quote]

Or it may just be that last October, Delia and co didn''t want to embroil the club in a messy take over when we were in the brown and sticky stuff.

Now, however, there is no excuse and I expect Delia to be calling Mr Cullum very soon.

[quote user="MyOldMansAMushroomGibberGibber"]

This is the real bizarre bit about all this.  Nobody can deny Delia clearly indicated a genuine happiness and intimated investment - unless she just went girly under pressure and told a half truth - there is investment but contrary to the public message we rejected the offer of a legitimate norwich fan who could see us into the Premiership debt free....

Its going to be an interesting week.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Why was she all jolly? I bet it''ll go thru.

ACCEPT IT!

[/quote][/quote]

Agree with cusdp on this......it must be as good as a done deal judging by Delia''s tease at the Royal Norfolk Show last week. She''s hopeless at keeping secrets so I''m expecting something concrete to happen soon. But I''m also puzzled like MOMAMGG........ When the Smiths were holed up in their bunker last Autumn why didn''t they raise the white flag then ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="MyOldMansAMushroomGibberGibber"]

This is the real bizarre bit about all this.  Nobody can deny Delia clearly indicated a genuine happiness and intimated investment - unless she just went girly under pressure and told a half truth - there is investment but contrary to the public message we rejected the offer of a legitimate norwich fan who could see us into the Premiership debt free....

Its going to be an interesting week.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Why was she all jolly? I bet it''ll go thru.

ACCEPT IT!

[/quote][/quote]

Agree with cusdp on this......it must be as good as a done deal judging by Delia''s tease at the Royal Norfolk Show last week. She''s hopeless at keeping secrets so I''m expecting something concrete to happen soon. But I''m also puzzled like MOMAMGG........ When the Smiths were holed up in their bunker last Autumn why didn''t they raise the white flag then ?

[/quote]Maybe the deal is at a later stage than we think?Maybe the club still believe that it is better to keep quiet about the money we have available?Either way this deal has to be accepted (or negotiated to an acceptable form), Peter Cullum ticks all the boxes from the point of view of a City fan who can bankroll our squad development, exactly what Delia was looking for.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]4. Mr Cullum has made a good offer for the club but Delia doesn''t want to let go and is hanging on to the bitter end in spite of her telling us she would.

KDNCFC that doesn''t tie in with what we know - Delia was obviously hardly able to contain her excitement at the Royal Norfolk Show about investment coming in. She would hardly be excited about an offer she had already turned down, would she?

All sorts of things could be wrong with the offer (please tell me if any of this contradicts the EDP article, being in Australia I can''t read it);
- It could be an ''investment'' that he wants realised i.e. he is looking to profit from the club. If say he wants to take his money out after 5 years even if we haven''t been promoted, it could spell disaster for us
- Delia and co might be trying to negotiate right now to get Cullum to include writing off the debt in his bid. She always said that if someone came in with the club''s best interestes at heart, had money to spend on players AND would write clear the debt, she would sell
- Maybe he would insist on raising money in other ways, such as selling off the ground, putting up prices etc. Who wants that?

Before we all start screaming for Delia''s blood, I think we need to know her side, don''t you? Why do people seem to think that any investment is good investment, when it has gone so badly wrong at so many other clubs?
[/quote]

Some very points mate [Y] some interesting times ahead for sure

Maybe, because the offer was not accepted last October, and nothing has been heard since, Mr Cullum feels that everyone should know he has been snubbed;Or, because he has been snubbed the EDP article is the opening salvo in what will be a very public boardroom and gory takeover battle.

Cullum is not looking for a return on his investment,

''The £20m is an investment that is very unlikely to yield a good return other than emotional,and it''s something i''ve always wanted to do''

Again someone who has not had a chance to read the article yet as am exiled but this is both exciting and worrying at the same time. My take on it from afar is that a deal has certainly not been done yet and Cullum and his people have released this now to put pressure on delia and mwj to come to the table.

The fact that they have had to is what is worrying. Delia and MWJ have always been clear that if someone comes in who meets their "criteria" then they would take on investment. Cullum appears to meet the criteria to a tee yet has supposedly heard nothing for 6 months having put £20m on the table. This is an opportunity we cannot afford to turn down and an agreement has to be reached with this guy.

In mitgation for Delia and MWJ it is not clear to em at present what Cullum is asking them to do in relation to their shareholding. Is he offering to buy it with the £20m on top? Is he asking them to do a Jack Haywood and basically give him their shares for a nominal fee in return for guaranteed investment in the team? The two are quite different and the latter is a lot to ask. Alternatively are we talking generating new shares in the club to enable him to take a majority stake? I have no idea what Delais'' shareholding siw orth but clearly is is not fair to ask her to write off millions of pounds.

Whatever though now this is out there is will be virtually impossible for Delia and MWJ to refuse to negotiate and I think this will end up happening eventually. Just a shame it could not have been sorted in time for the start of this summer. Very interesting day or two in store!

Sorry, trying to absorb all this over breakfast.Peter Cullum said he would not be on the board but his ''representative/s'' would (one possibly from the supporters'' base).Perhaps Delia doesn''t like his chosen representative (Sir  Arthur South?)

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]I think the deal is signed, sealed and delivered.[/quote]

So do I - looks like all the information is being released in installments

I didn''t say that option 4 was definitely the case, merely that it was

another possibility. Maybe she is being unreasonable with her demands

and Mr Cullums patience will only stretch so far. I get the impression

that money is not Mr Cullums god as he gives a lot to charity and has

been quoted as saying he will give much of his money away, I would say

he''s without a shadow of doubt the kind of person who we need.
And equally maybe Cullum is being unreasonable with his demands. I also get the impression tha Delia isn''t so precious about her cash either, she would hardly have invested in NCFC when she did with any hope of seeing the money again. On the surface I would absolutley agree that Cullum is the sort of person we want investment from, but it CAN''T be on any terms, it has to be right for the club. I really doubt the EDP story is telling the whole truth. My bet would be that negotiations are ongoing and that this is a one sided story designed to put huge pressure on the board. The money would have made no difference in October, we would have had to sit on it until January when we looked unlikely to go down (or up). With the pressure to do a quick deal off, maybe the negotiations have limped on until now. For sure the pressure is on again now though!The last thing we need as a club right now is more division between the fans. Lets at least wait until Delia and co have made a statement.

[quote user="MyOldMansAMushroomGibberGibber"]

Sorry but you are the one who is being blind here.  I am totally outraged if the story is ture.  However the smuck/cludger crew have a hatred of everyone at the  club and their opinions are based on nothing more than that, no inside information or intuition - no noble cause, just a way to stir up a message board when they have a spare few minutes.  Please dont make them into noble crusaders - they are not.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="MyOldMansAMushroomGibberGibber"]

Are you suggesting their rabid, blind hatred deserves an apology from anyone? Absolute tosh.  Apologise for what? 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Its going to be very interesting to see the clubs response to this. Delia and her hubby MUST except the offer or their will be a huge back lash![/quote]

Agree totally, we are now finally seeing the true picture, regarding - looking for the right investor, people not prepared to invest in the club and all the rest of the rubbish we have been fed, there has been a serious investor prepared to pump major investment into the club since last October!!! Just think of this one, we were at one stage flirting with the play offs after GR came in last season. Add 5 million worth of players to that which was offered by Mr Cullum apparently, and that may have been enough to get us into the play offs and into the Prem. We could now be sitting in the Prem with at least a 15 million pound transfer kitty at our disposal, we''re not because, according to the EDP. We now know who is responsible for holding back this club, hopefully there will be a few on here big enough to apologise to Smudger, Wizz et al.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactely.

[/quote][/quote]

Well Mushroom. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

[/quote][/quote]

Well I for one will be back behind the club if the Callum cash does come in and Delia & Hubby do take more of a back role at the club.

Of course this would depend on the funds that are being expressed by the press being spent on building a squad capable of challenging for promotion at the very least.

Preferably, I would like to see a whole new boardroom set up as I think that we are finally starting to get some hard evidence that Delia & MWJ''s speech of "having the clubs best interests at heart" has been a well worded PR Stunt to keep the fans on side from DAY ONE.

So Mushroom this evidence may prove that you and many others have been kept in the dark for far too long, but there is no blind hatred from this side... just a wish that the club and the people of Norfolk would realise the potential NCFC has and act on it... [:D]

Many people might be suspicious about Peter''s offer, but why?  It would be no worse than when Delia took over, it''s not like he just anyone, he''s an ex-player and he''s a supporter of all things NCFC, what can get any better?  I would sooner a fan took over than a stranger with no heart or interest in NCFC.

My opinion for what it''s worth is that this offer has been tabled, but these things can take an eternity to sort out, not just the financial side but legally.  If Delia and MWJ were not interested then why the statement from her at the RNS?

I think things have been going on behind the scenes, no doubt about that.  Maybe they have put dampners on the story until ALL of GR''s transfer targets have been aquired.

I wasn''t excited last night and I''m still not excited yet. 

One thing is for sure, that now knowing the offer was made from Peter in October, Delia and MWJ have to make the correct choices for the good of the Club, not for their own benefit.  If they get this wrong they will end up with very angry fans on their hands.

Very interesting times ahead for sure.

Having read the article, I have some concerns with Mr Cullum''s bid:

1. The article doesn''t actually mention debt - what would Mr Cullum''s plans be for our debt?
  2. He says he''s "not going to keep putting more and more money into the club" - so, is it just an initial £20mil investment for players in return for a majority shareholding? Seems a bit short-termist to me.
  3. When he says he wants to put his own people in place "to create an exciting strategy for the club", I''d want to know more about that - sounds very vague to me.

It''s great he wants to invest, and everything but quite honestly if that was his pitch to me, I''d be less than impressed.

i hope for roeder''s sake that he knows what''s going on so he''s aware of his budget not only for buying, but for salaries in case of premier class freebies that might be in his sights.

i''m pretty confident he knows what''s happening and i hope that it''s good news all round.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Forgive me if I''m wrong and I may have dreamt it, but when taking over a club isnt it written that they have to take on the debt ?[/quote]

If he owns the club, yes. As majority shareholder, no.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Many people might be suspicious about Peter''s offer, but why?  It would be no worse than when Delia took over, it''s not like he just anyone, he''s an ex-player and he''s a supporter of all things NCFC, what can get any better?  I would sooner a fan took over than a stranger with no heart or interest in NCFC.

My opinion for what it''s worth is that this offer has been tabled, but these things can take an eternity to sort out, not just the financial side but legally.  If Delia and MWJ were not interested then why the statement from her at the RNS?

I think things have been going on behind the scenes, no doubt about that.  Maybe they have put dampners on the story until ALL of GR''s transfer targets have been aquired.

I wasn''t excited last night and I''m still not excited yet. 

One thing is for sure, that now knowing the offer was made from Peter in October, Delia and MWJ have to make the correct choices for the good of the Club, not for their own benefit.  If they get this wrong they will end up with very angry fans on their hands.

Very interesting times ahead for sure.

[/quote]

I''m sorry but people are getting very excited over what were some fairly flippant remarks by Delia at the RNS.

IF a deal was done or dusted or as close as people on here make out then there is no way in the world Cullum would have sanctioned or allowed that story in the EDP today and there is no way they would have run it. The angle here (although it may be phrased carefully) from the EDP is that this offer is on the table yet has not been taken up.This is an attempt to put public pressure on the board to accept his offer.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Forgive me if I''m wrong and I may have dreamt it, but when taking over a club isnt it written that they have to take on the debt ?[/quote]

If he owns the club, yes. As majority shareholder, no.

[/quote]

Ahhhh right, thanks [Y]

If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Again someone who has not had a chance to read the article yet as am exiled but this is both exciting and worrying at the same time. My take on it from afar is that a deal has certainly not been done yet and Cullum and his people have released this now to put pressure on delia and mwj to come to the table.

The fact that they have had to is what is worrying. Delia and MWJ have always been clear that if someone comes in who meets their "criteria" then they would take on investment. Cullum appears to meet the criteria to a tee yet has supposedly heard nothing for 6 months having put £20m on the table. This is an opportunity we cannot afford to turn down and an agreement has to be reached with this guy.

In mitgation for Delia and MWJ it is not clear to em at present what Cullum is asking them to do in relation to their shareholding. Is he offering to buy it with the £20m on top? Is he asking them to do a Jack Haywood and basically give him their shares for a nominal fee in return for guaranteed investment in the team? The two are quite different and the latter is a lot to ask. Alternatively are we talking generating new shares in the club to enable him to take a majority stake? I have no idea what Delais'' shareholding siw orth but clearly is is not fair to ask her to write off millions of pounds.

Whatever though now this is out there is will be virtually impossible for Delia and MWJ to refuse to negotiate and I think this will end up happening eventually. Just a shame it could not have been sorted in time for the start of this summer. Very interesting day or two in store!

[/quote]

I am sure that is not a stumbling block.

Callum has the cash to buy Delia & MWJ''s shares (don''t forget he would only require a number of these to get a majority shareholding) at the price that Delia & MWJ''s initially purchased them for.

Let''s not forget that Delia & MWJ''s have always said that they are not looking to make a profit when selling their shares.

I am sure that could well be another sticking point... some of Delia & MWJ''s previously released PR stunts coming back to bite them in the backside.

Given Archant''s close ties with the club and board, I don''t think they''d be running this story if the club didn''t want them to, and surely the club would want this swept under the carpet if they had no intention of accepting the offer? Iif the general public knew they had turned down a huge cash injection at a critical point in the club''s history, it would practically incite a mass revolt among City fans. The board must realise that.The only other possible reason, in my view, would be that Archant found out that Delia and MWJ didn''t want to sell, and believed they were making so much of a mistake that they decided to run the story to encourage the fans to drive the Cullum sale through. Surely now the story is live, if Cullum''s offer really is that good, he''ll come out himself and give us the inside story? We don''t have time to be held to ransom here - Cullum clearly has the money available, and if he''s serious about taking over then he should be able to comfortably afford to buy Delia and MWJ out. Football is a colossal, multi-billion-pound industry, and Cullum must show the colour of his money if he''s serious about running with the big boys. Having a billion pounds in assets is one thing, but actually being prepared to invest it is another thing entirely.

[quote user="chicken"]If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.

So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.
[/quote]

Totally agree chicken, and personally I think a lot of questions need to be answered before I''d let Peter Cullum near the club. [Y]

[quote user="chicken"]If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.

So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.
[/quote]

But they said at the AGM that no-one had been stupid enough to put millions in the club like they had but if they did and they were geniune Norwich fans they would step aside so how come she didn''t mention the Cullum offer then?