Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Your best alternative memories of the season?

Now the title is wrapped up we can relax into a summer of gloriously smug satisfaction. Euro 2004, Wimbledon. We can just put up our feet, relax and enjoy the sport safe in the knowledge we''re the champions.

So what beter time to reflect on the past season and think of our favourite memories?Obviously everyone will say when Crystal Palace''s third goal condemed Sunderland that Wednesday, or the moment we knew we had definitely won it at Sunderland. They''re the easy one''s. So what are your best alternative memories?

Mine is walking through a park in Sunny Barcelona and recieving a text message from a mate at Carrow Road to tell me Malky had stuck two past the binners!!! (had to work out there, one of only two games missed at Carrow Road:(
I was so gutted I wasn''t there for the game, so to hear the good news so many hundreds of miles away was superb. Several bemused spaniards cast me funny looks as I chuckled to myself that afternoon, but I didn''t care.

I have got three really ...

1) Has to be watching the Reading game on TV, could not go unfortunately, and seeing "that goal" go in.

I think I, and many others like me, knew at that moment, we were going up, and nobody was going to stop us.

2) Another moment was walking to Riverside before the Forest game, with the rumours about Huckerby sweeping around, and everybody buzzing about his permanent deal, and the Delia moment before Kick off at that game, which settled the weeks and weeks (probably only a couple of days now thinking about it!) of squabbling for his signature on a permanent basis. You knew then that we were not going to be messed about, and things were getting quite serious in our ambition to better ourselves.

3) Half time at the Ipswich home game, going to the bar six minutes before half time to get a drink to find it four or five deep, and the miserable conversation during half time. Step forward Malky and the rest his history, but it was not good at half time.

I was a the Reading game and was resigned to a nil nil score line. The goal came totally out of the blue, I agree it was probably at that moment I knew for sure we were going up (up up) as even luck was on our side. Cheers ref.

What ever happened to Shaun Carey by the way?

Jonzey,

I believe that the midfield maestro is now gracing the field at Rushden and Diamonds, but I am not 100% certain.

Another alternative memory, The evening news after Ipswich away, and the quotes from Sheepshanks re "top of the league at portman road", great stuff.

Half time - Burnley away. 3-2 down but just knew we were going to win it and did so in style. The spirit and hard work the team put in showed that promotion was likely

OR

The final whistle at Portman Road and that famous chant - a day I''ll never forget

England V West Indies 4th test in Antigua, 1st day queuing up to go in with my "retro shirt on", well blow me down, the three people behind me were in Capital Canaries, by the end of the test must have bumped into at least a dozen. But what was nice was the positive reaction I got from ALL other supporters regarding our team, wishing us best for the new season in the Premiership. The icing on the cake was two binners congratulating me and saying how they wished Royle would shut up and stop shooting his mouth off!! Oh yeah, I think Lara scored a few runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking down to Carrow Road for the burnley game - with the buzz around the place after the loan players came in

Oooh!!!! Just remembered a better one. Alan Brazils face on Anglia TV when the highlights came on directly after the actual game finished at Portman Road. He was sick as a pig and couldn''t even raise a false smile. The man was completely and utterly gutted! hahahahahahahahahahaha. I think Gunny was next to him beaming like a Cheshire cat and totally rubbing it in.

Brazil, you''re a ...........
Brazil, Brazil you''re a ..............

1) Boxing Day when Delia brough Hucks onto the pitch...real tears in my eyes!

2) The first time "Ole, ole, ole -going up, up, up" started (Wigan?) - it was amazing how quickly people in the Barclay picked it up and it seemed to go right round the ground...must have been amazing for the players to hear it on the pitch!!

3) Watching Malkay and his boy, Cullum, sitting in the centre circle after Preston - a proud Dad with his boy just soaking up the atmosphere - real tears in my eyes again!! And they tell me I am a hard bastard at work...what do they know :-0)

It has to be the moment our goal went in at Reading. I was watching for the score on Sky Sports, when it flashed up on the screen. I didn''t know at the time how jammy the goal was, but just the fact that we''d scored told me the force was truly with us. For the first time in my life my hand went over my mouth in a expression of stunnedness. That moment will stay with me for the rest of my life!

there are a few memories that span the season.

1. TOP OF THE LEAGUE AT PORTMAN ROAD, seeing Delia and co infront of the fans and well, just being there really!

2. BOXING DAY, arrived at the ground early and the buzz was going around the ground, a press conference before the game? surely not a regular occurence!! All was soon revieled!

3. Ipswich Home, Well what can be said, down and out from the first half, Always .... on the old blue and white!

4. Sitting in my seat and shedding a tear when the news came thru from Selhurst Park, Norwich were back where they should be and i was dead happy! this was soon followed by mass horn beeping thru the streets around the ground, and not so near the ground! (sorry)

5. Champions. Crowns a fantastic season for all involved with the club.

I cant wait till August! Bring on the Big Guns!

oh and one final note, a friend of mine, ( a burnley fan) said that the side that was top at christmas has never been promoted, i took this as true and told him that this would be put straight! im so glad i did!!

OTBC!!