Sign in to follow this  
Match Day Pie

Cullum offer isn't worth the paper it's written on...

It''s difficult to understand why so many people here think Delia is horrible old whatever for being reluctant to release her ''stranglehold'' on the club.

Common sense in ANY business would suggest you need some kind of pay back for the time and money you''ve invested into the business.

If Delia is to sell, isn''t it fair that she should not do so to a paltry offer like £20m? She has saved this club from extinction and is keeping it afloat. Cullum''s offer is not good enough - if he wants to be in charge, he should buy the club outright. All or nothing - as any investor should be.

Those of you that think we should bite Cullum''s hand off have contradicted yourselves horribly by accepting the first wad of cash that comes our way. You are selling your club short for the promise of a bit of bling. £20m is all very well in the short term, but will go nowhere if there is not long term investment.

£20m is nothing in today''s game and will only allow us to compete in the transfer market for overpriced players. £20m is no guarantee that we can compete on the field - look at Leicester.

Our club is worth at least the £56m the board have announced, and anything less is an insult.

I think the £56mil is a starting point that can be negotiated - I think if Cullum is interested, he''d get the club for nearer £30mil. But that''s my opinion.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]It''s difficult to understand why so many people here think Delia is horrible old whatever for being reluctant to release her ''stranglehold'' on the club. Common sense in ANY business would suggest you need some kind of pay back for the time and money you''ve invested into the business. If Delia is to sell, isn''t it fair that she should not do so to a paltry offer like £20m? She has saved this club from extinction and is keeping it afloat. Cullum''s offer is not good enough - if he wants to be in charge, he should buy the club outright. All or nothing - as any investor should be. Those of you that think we should bite Cullum''s hand off have contradicted yourselves horribly by accepting the first wad of cash that comes our way. You are selling your club short for the promise of a bit of bling. £20m is all very well in the short term, but will go nowhere if there is not long term investment. £20m is nothing in today''s game and will only allow us to compete in the transfer market for overpriced players. £20m is no guarantee that we can compete on the field - look at Leicester. Our club is worth at least the £56m the board have announced, and anything less is an insult.[/quote]

Welcome to the forums Delia.

You didn''t save the club from extinction did you.

Investment does NOT have to be all or nothing.  If that is the case what happened with the Turners??  I think you are contradicting yourself here.

Delia you really should lay off the old vino, the club is not worth £56m, in that figure you have included a £20m investment into the playing squad, this has nothing to do with club''s worth.  The club is not even worth the £36m what with the inflated share price.

Yes of course £20m is worthless if there is no long term investment.  And you plan on investing how much into the playing squad Delia?

Fair point - but the £56m does make sense in terms of paying off loans and investment. I guess it''s an ''ideal world'' scenario and there''s no harm in trying.

It would also mean the club would be completely debt free, which is pretty unique in the world of football.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]It''s difficult to understand why so many people here think Delia is horrible old whatever for being reluctant to release her ''stranglehold'' on the club. Common sense in ANY business would suggest you need some kind of pay back for the time and money you''ve invested into the business. If Delia is to sell, isn''t it fair that she should not do so to a paltry offer like £20m? She has saved this club from extinction and is keeping it afloat. Cullum''s offer is not good enough - if he wants to be in charge, he should buy the club outright. All or nothing - as any investor should be. Those of you that think we should bite Cullum''s hand off have contradicted yourselves horribly by accepting the first wad of cash that comes our way. You are selling your club short for the promise of a bit of bling. £20m is all very well in the short term, but will go nowhere if there is not long term investment. £20m is nothing in today''s game and will only allow us to compete in the transfer market for overpriced players. £20m is no guarantee that we can compete on the field - look at Leicester. Our club is worth at least the £56m the board have announced, and anything less is an insult.[/quote]

Investment does NOT have to be all or nothing.  If that is the case what happened with the Turners??  I think you are contradicting yourself here.

Delia you really should lay off the old vino, the club is not worth £56m, in that figure you have included a £20m investment into the playing squad, this has nothing to do with club''s worth.  The club is not even worth the £36m what with the inflated share price.

Yes of course £20m is worthless if there is no long term investment.  And you plan on investing how much into the playing squad Delia?

[/quote]

I don''t quite understand why an opinion voiced in support of Delia is instantly ridiculed. Grow up, norfolk.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

I don''t quite understand why an opinion voiced in support of Delia is instantly ridiculed. Grow up, norfolk.

[/quote]

Well you don''t understand much then do you. 

True Cullum must increase his offer.  20 million is hell of a lot to spend in the championship market, but not much in the premiership. 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I clearly understand that this is a forum for expressing views. You - and so many others - think it''s a forum for ridiculing everyone who''s head isn''t up Peter Cullum''s arse at this point.

The poster who says all or nothing is right because he wants majority shareholding.  The turners situation is different because they only wanted 10%.  Anyone wanting over 30% must make an offer outright for the club.  

I guess the key point is that we don''t actually know what he is offering for the shareholding. He has said he is prpared to put £20m in for players but in none of the interviews has he said what he''s prepared to pay for the shares other than that he "had a brief friendly arm-wrestle over the value of the club."

If he''s expecting everything to come out of the £20m then thats not a great offer. If the £20m is on top of paying the going rate for the shares then thats a different matter.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Well the OP did use the Delia saved us from extinction myth, calls £20,000,000 paltry (even though it''s more than double what Delia has put in over 12 years), got his sums horribly wrong (the £56m includes £20m investment for squad, the value they put on the Club at £30 per share is £36m.and overlooks the fact that Delia has for years told us it''s not commonsense to invest in football.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I clearly understand that this is a forum for expressing views. You - and so many others - think it''s a forum for ridiculing everyone who''s head isn''t up Peter Cullum''s arse at this point.

[/quote]

Well you are indeed wrong as I do not think that at all.  What I have done is pointed out all the flaws and inacurracies in the post.  What MDP has done is imho had a go at people who show favour to the Cullum and has spouted a lot of what he believes are facts but they are not.  He has come on here and said how the supporters of Cullum and I quote "have contradicted ourselves horribly" and has based this on things that simply aren''t true.

Don''t get me wrong, PC''s interest is welcome, and is important as it''s getting the issue out in the open. But we cannot be going for half measures. We need money alright, but we need a strong structure in place that looks well beyond the next couple of years.

Norfolk, such a clever man with his lonely life, only his avatars and his right hand for company...

I have not got my sums wrong, they are there for all to see in the club''s figures. The point was that we shouldn''t just snap PC''s hand off because he''s waving money. People like you are so desperate to get rid of Delia that you''d willingly take any offer. But those offers need to be researched properly.

Besides, it''s not even like she wants all the money back - the figures for the directors loans repayments only amount to £4m.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]It''s difficult to understand why so many people here think Delia is horrible old whatever for being reluctant to release her ''stranglehold'' on the club.

Common sense in ANY business would suggest you need some kind of pay back for the time and money you''ve invested into the business.

If Delia is to sell, isn''t it fair that she should not do so to a paltry offer like £20m? She has saved this club from extinction and is keeping it afloat. Cullum''s offer is not good enough - if he wants to be in charge, he should buy the club outright. All or nothing - as any investor should be.

Those of you that think we should bite Cullum''s hand off have contradicted yourselves horribly by accepting the first wad of cash that comes our way. You are selling your club short for the promise of a bit of bling. £20m is all very well in the short term, but will go nowhere if there is not long term investment.

£20m is nothing in today''s game and will only allow us to compete in the transfer market for overpriced players. £20m is no guarantee that we can compete on the field - look at Leicester.

Our club is worth at least the £56m the board have announced, and anything less is an insult.[/quote]There is no way the club is worth £56m, especially considering the amount of debt it holds and the level of profit.  What I don''t understand is why you have assumed the offer is £20m, it''s my understanding that the £20 mentioned is what he is prepared to put in AFTER being shares.  He has made it clear he doesn''t want too 100% own the club, he just wants 51+% and wants Delia to stay involved.I agree we should not get too excited and assume Cullum will be the saviour but his promise of £20m is about £20m more than Delia can put in and should get serious consideration.  Clearly the fact he has gone public means he wants this done ASAP.Seems to me the biggest problem is that some people at the club want their "director''s loans" repaid immediately before they will do a deal.  I''m not saying that''s wrong by the way, just stating.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

It is not as simple as that.   This is about selling a PLC and not a secondhand car.

See page 15 of the Official Statement thread

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Norfolk, such a clever man with his lonely life, only his avatars and his right hand for company... I have not got my sums wrong, they are there for all to see in the club''s figures. The point was that we shouldn''t just snap PC''s hand off because he''s waving money. People like you are so desperate to get rid of Delia that you''d willingly take any offer. But those offers need to be researched properly. Besides, it''s not even like she wants all the money back - the figures for the directors loans repayments only amount to £4m.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s people snapping his hand off, it''s wanting something good to come from NCFC once again.  Most of us on here remember the club many moons ago and what it used to be like, and yes I know times change, however as NCFC fans we all surely want what''s right for this beloved club of ours.  Real investment ON THE PITCH, and to once again be a competative team in this league, looking up to the mighty PL and realising with a hint of hope that with investment we could just, maybe make it back up there.

People are passionate about the club, and a good few are getting less and less passionate about the board.

One day in the future when Ms Smith and her crew have long gone, the truth will come out as to how people at Carrow Road are treated.

God help anyone who speaks out against her, or dares to come up with an idea that differs from her ideals for her little old Norwich.

Sweetness and light my bum, be Afraid be very afraid

[quote user="Good News Gordon"]

One day in the future when Ms Smith and her crew have long gone, the truth will come out as to how people at Carrow Road are treated.

God help anyone who speaks out against her, or dares to come up with an idea that differs from her ideals for her little old Norwich.

[/quote]

Yeah, like you would know...lol

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Or, like you, up Delia''s![:|]

[quote user="IncH-HigH"][quote user="Good News Gordon"]

[/quote]

Yeah, like you would know...lol

[/quote]

Don''t care what you think, but yes I would know

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

Besides, it''s not even like she wants all the money back - the figures for the directors loans repayments only amount to £4m.[/quote]Where have you been Match Day Pie?Delia and Michael have converted every loan possible to shares.Quite likely because the loans are repaid in full with no interest.But you are right on one thing she doesn''t even want all her money back, she wants all her money back plus the 20% profit they put in place at the last AGM (at or around exactly the same time PC first expressed firm interest conveniently).

It''s not that the offer wasn''t worth the paper it was printed on - it wasn''t even an "offer", in the sense of an offer to buy the Club. It was an opportunist offer of money, in two stages, to buy players, with no extra sum for the shares or provision for loan repayments, and in return for that he expected total control of the Club. It was rejected, understandably, and the ball''s now in PC''s court (and has been since October) - if he''s genuine he''ll come back with a sensible offer. This Archant "bombshell" is another piece of PC opportunism - he''s waited (remember this offer was made 9 months ago) until the eve of pre-season, when we''re desperately trying to get a squad together and focus on the new season, and I don''t think it''s done the Club any good - forget the Board, I''m talking about the Club. Possibly he feels that if he destabilises it further by stirring up discontent among the fans he can get a better deal - who knows? I''m not impressed - if he''d had the best interests of the Club at heart, he''d have done a deal as soon as possible after the end of the season, so GR could look at a bringing in a better standard of player. Put up or shut up, Mr. Cullum.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I guess the key point is that we don''t actually know what he is offering for the shareholding. He has said he is prpared to put £20m in for players but in none of the interviews has he said what he''s prepared to pay for the shares other than that he "had a brief friendly arm-wrestle over the value of the club."

If he''s expecting everything to come out of the £20m then thats not a great offer. If the £20m is on top of paying the going rate for the shares then thats a different matter.

[/quote]Well said! Absolutely correct.

simple take over rules, you only need to buy up 39%iof shares to be able to make a formal bid, its delia that says she will only sell if the debt is cleared, is leeds debt cleared, is the scums debt cleared, is man us debt cleared under take overs no, how much of delias own money has she invested, is it not the fans who raise capital by buying season tickets and shirts, wasnt it a fan who paid money to buy huckerby, it certainly wasnt delia that sorted the debts out, it was the clubs accountants that did that,so in all i have to say that 20 million for a club in decline  is perfectly reasonable,we have a local lad who wants to see norwich back to the glory years, yes he wants majority control but he said he doenst want to control the club himself,although with his business sense and his sucess he do a damn sight better then the current lot, hes not sayiong its a loan like the otherswhat is the harm in cullem ownin 40% and the others split the remaining 60 between, this still gives cullum major control but keeps delias lace safe and still gives her run of club as cullum wanted this to happen as he realises that delia does draw income to the club with canary catering,cullum              40%delia and jones 30%others              30%they keep there loans to be paid back to them over periods,debt is servicabledelia still has her shares and makes a bit of money from selling percentage of hersthe club has a major funds for playersand the benefits to attracting major sponsor will be damn sight better witha  billionaire on the boardsimple but delia cant see thissome business woman hey

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says a poster who seems to think he can tell people what they can and can''t post. And you''re doing it again in this very thread! - NBS has made a very valid point, and is expressing his view! Why don''t you grow up and stop being a hypocrite of the highest order?

Congratulations MDP for injecting a bit of realism into this debate! 

It has been deeply depressing to read all the posts from people falling over themselves to grab a bit of quick cash. MDP says £20M is nothing in today''s game - absolutely correct.  Spend that on players - and pay them with what??? 

I am a total City fan and when I heard Delia at the last AGM saying they were open to offers, I think this was genuine - and that she meant reasonable offers.  £56M is a snip Mr Cullum - pay that plus £20M for players and then you - particularly with your City credentials - would be worth talking to.

And what are we doing allowing the future of our clun to be driven by Archant - the EDP sales yesterday must have been phenomenal!  Yes, I was one of those who rushed out first thing to buy a copy, only read a story dating from way back last season in the Peter Grant era.................

The future of our club is a serious matter.  Let''s take it seriously.