Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Are we gonna sign some players?

I''m sure we will; Roeder has a past record which suggests he knows what he''s doing in the transfer market. As I pointed out in a previous thread; it would be naive of Roeder to do his business in public. He is doing the right thing by keeping his progress private

[quote user="Cobain18"]I''m sure we will; Roeder has a past record which suggests he knows what he''s doing in the transfer market. As I pointed out in a previous thread; it would be naive of Roeder to do his business in public. He is doing the right thing by keeping his progress private[/quote]

agreed, I guess I am just getting frustrated cos every other club seems to be announcing signings daily and we always seem to drag the heels. The money should be there, very few championship clubs get home crowds like ours.

[quote user="Vern"]

[quote user="Cobain18"]I''m sure we will; Roeder has a past record which suggests he knows what he''s doing in the transfer market. As I pointed out in a previous thread; it would be naive of Roeder to do his business in public. He is doing the right thing by keeping his progress private[/quote]

agreed, I guess I am just getting frustrated cos every other club seems to be announcing signings daily and we always seem to drag the heels. The money should be there, very few championship clubs get home crowds like ours.

[/quote]

Me too; I am getting frustrated and a bit nervous because I don''t know how much progress is being made but I guess we all have to keep faith

Thing is Vern is the money there?  Whilst there is nothing wrong with cheap or free players, the fact that as yet they haven''t shelled out a vast amount says to me the big money isn''t there.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Thing is Vern is the money there?  Whilst there is nothing wrong with cheap or free players, the fact that as yet they haven''t shelled out a vast amount says to me the big money isn''t there.[/quote]

We don''t know the answer to this; hopefully though our competitors and other clubs will also assume that there is no money there even if there is! I suspect that if there are any big money signings that GR will leave them until the last minute so as not to alert clubs that we may have some money there

[quote user="Cobain18"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Thing is Vern is the money there?  Whilst there is nothing wrong with cheap or free players, the fact that as yet they haven''t shelled out a vast amount says to me the big money isn''t there.[/quote]

We don''t know the answer to this; hopefully though our competitors and other clubs will also assume that there is no money there even if there is! I suspect that if there are any big money signings that GR will leave them until the last minute so as not to alert clubs that we may have some money there

[/quote]

We live in hope don''t we?  [:)]

If the money isnt there I think our board owe us an explanation. It is ok for Doncaster to come out with his "from the textbook" shite, but we should surely want to know why a club who gets 25000 plus through the turnstiles every other week cant afford to spend. Perhaps we should all attend the first home game with the word MUG written on our foreheads. That might get the message across.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote]

We live in hope don''t we?  [:)]

[/quote]

I''m afraid that even if I am being naive; I have to hope that something is there or I am going to be quite depressed lol

Vern, I have been ranting about this on other threads all day, so don''t worry about it! I agree forget investment dreams, acccording to the horses mouth we have had some new investment albeit not from PC, so lets see these wonderful and exciting players we were promised. Otherwise this season is going to be a complete farce.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Vern, I have been ranting about this on other threads all day, so don''t worry about it! I agree forget investment dreams, acccording to the horses mouth we have had some new investment albeit not from PC, so lets see these wonderful and exciting players we were promised. Otherwise this season is going to be a complete farce.[/quote]

Look mate, I know you want to believe that Delia said we had investment last week, but she really did not. Unless she comes out and categorically says "We have investment" I won''t buy it. The past couple of days have shown just how good the board are at twisting the truth, and the RNS debacle is just another example.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Vern, I have been ranting about this on other threads all day, so don''t worry about it! I agree forget investment dreams, acccording to the horses mouth we have had some new investment albeit not from PC, so lets see these wonderful and exciting players we were promised. Otherwise this season is going to be a complete farce.[/quote]

Look mate, I know you want to believe that Delia said we had investment last week, but she really did not. Unless she comes out and categorically says "We have investment" I won''t buy it. The past couple of days have shown just how good the board are at twisting the truth, and the RNS debacle is just another example.[/quote]

You are not the same Mark Smith who used to trade under the name "Smudger" are you?

[quote user="Vern"]

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Vern, I have been ranting about this on other threads all day, so don''t worry about it! I agree forget investment dreams, acccording to the horses mouth we have had some new investment albeit not from PC, so lets see these wonderful and exciting players we were promised. Otherwise this season is going to be a complete farce.[/quote]

Look mate, I know you want to believe that Delia said we had investment last week, but she really did not. Unless she comes out and categorically says "We have investment" I won''t buy it. The past couple of days have shown just how good the board are at twisting the truth, and the RNS debacle is just another example.[/quote]

You are not the same Mark Smith who used to trade under the name "Smudger" are you?

[/quote]

Hah, no. I did wonder if anyone would ask though. Plus he seems to be still ''trading'' under that name.

Thats true, but at the time many people were convinced that good times were on the way. Then we get the Cullum news and his 20 Mill player fund offer and if that does not happen then I think Delia''s speech will seriously backfire. I can''t see how any fans, even the sheep, would continue to support her in this eventuality!

Really ??

[quote user="Vern"]

Please please please sign some bloody players. We are the same every bloody year. Get a grip, forget the Cullum dream and buy some playing staff.....Rant over.

[/quote]

Again I ask, why are you surprised?.[:^)]

Alan Gow''s agent has said the ball as is well and truly in our court, rumors are flying are Ameobi has signed (rather unreliable i know), we have two players from abroad training with us who look likely to sign - get over it, it''s not as though Roeder is sitting there doing NOTHING!

What do you expect? 10 signings in 7 days? Not gonna happen

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Alan Gow''s agent has said the ball as is well and truly in our court, rumors are flying are Ameobi has signed (rather unreliable i know), we have two players from abroad training with us who look likely to sign - get over it, it''s not as though Roeder is sitting there doing NOTHING! What do you expect? 10 signings in 7 days? Not gonna happen[/quote]

no i expected ten signings between the season ending and another staring, and so far we have had one a month... is this good enough??? is this enough to keep us up.... ?? this squad is alot weeker on paper than last years.. and may i remind u that we stayed up by 3 points last year????

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Alan Gow''s agent has said the ball as is well and truly in our court, rumors are flying are Ameobi has signed (rather unreliable i know), we have two players from abroad training with us who look likely to sign - get over it, it''s not as though Roeder is sitting there doing NOTHING! What do you expect? 10 signings in 7 days? Not gonna happen[/quote]

lol one signing in 7 days would be the least I would expect [:)]

make note...the season hasn''t started! Post about no signing before the first game of the season, ONCE the first game actually gets here.

You dont think you need them in for pre season ? its starting to look like we are in deep trouble and dont have any money to buy any players , so far we have spent £250,000 and probably got round paying that by giving Blackpool Gilks .And all this new investment Delia says we have , all a bit strange .