Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Wolves interest in Shackell

Wolves are poised to offer £1M for Jason Shackell. We could be left with no central defenders for next season. Never mind, we survived without any last season.

I''m no fan of Doc or Shacks but i think that Doherty would be a good defender if he didn''t feel the urge to play rugby in the middle of a football game and as for Shacks, he was great in the premiership and good the season after but i think Grant made a mistake handing the captain to a younger member of the team and effectively put to much pressure on the boy.

[quote user="james norwich"]Wolves are poised to offer £1M for Jason Shackell. We could be left with no central defenders for next season. Never mind, we survived without any last season.[/quote]

And your source for this is?

If we sell Shackell for £1 million, there is a large possibility that I will explode with joy

£1m for Shacks is the sort of offer that you take in my opinion.

Unlike posters above I''m not going to have a snipe at him as I have never found him to be lacking in effort or heart, what he needs is a decent partner who can take charge and let him concentrate on his game, having Taylor next to him proved this for me.

BUT £1m is definitely over the odds, so take it.

Where did you hear this out of interest???

[quote user="james norwich"]Wolves are poised to offer £1M for Jason Shackell. We could be left with no central defenders for next season. Never mind, we survived without any last season.[/quote]

Surely you''ve made this up? At that kind off money the club should bite there hand off.

I''ve already said this, this week. This is life not Football Manager. £1m for Shackell would be day light robbery. By us!!!

I''d be disappointed to lose him. He''s the best we''ve got at the back at the moment, anyway! Maybe we''ve got John Terry lined up to replace him with our new investment money!

Shackell''s got potential - that''s easy to see. But since relegation, he''s not progressed a bit. £1mil and we bite their bloomin'' hands off, IMO.

just seen this not heard a sausage our end and we are meant to be signing christophe berra for 2m on wednesday

cant see us spending 1.5m on stearman 2m on berra then adding another centre back

if we dont get berra i wouldnt mind him, but prefer berra to be honest

[quote user="super mick mccarthy "]

just seen this not heard a sausage our end and we are meant to be signing christophe berra for 2m on wednesday

cant see us spending 1.5m on stearman 2m on berra then adding another centre back

if we dont get berra i wouldnt mind him, but prefer berra to be honest

[/quote]You''d be better off with Yogi Berra than Shacks.

Looks Like every one who ripped this guy for posting thing has egg in there face.  Top knowledge.

SELL, SELL, SELL!!!!!!!

I''ve just remembered Wolves have plenty of money maybe they''ll offer even more for him. Agree with earlier poster his form dipped badly when given the armband did OK towards end of season but still unconvincing, I reckon Roeder may get another centre back in and this may be a deal left for deadline day with the two clubs haggling over the final deal once we have cover. I''m sure if we''d signed Gorkss he would have gone for £1 million today.