Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Re: No official bid for Ameobi yet?

haha that website is officially B*****cks.

Ipswich city? how dare they call ipswich a city..

As for the actual point. would be extremely suprised to see us sign ameobi after how much they want for him. I dont believe for one minute we have that sort of money. But if we do I would be pleasantly suprised [:)] (but its not gonna happen..)

[quote user="HUDDY "]

so DDD, whens it going to be announced!

[/quote]

When i spoke to him he didn''t know, just that he heard it was as good as done.

I''ve only spoken to him twice in the last year.

He was also right with patterson before he came on loan

I''ll go find what i posted last week.

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"][quote user="HUDDY "]

Congratulations,

the 10th person to start a thread on this topic since 9.30 wins a new TV!

[/quote]

uuuuum

[/quote]

hahaha yeah shuttup bunsen im tired of listening to your traaaash [;)]

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]

As for the actual point. would be extremely suprised to see us sign ameobi after how much they want for him. I dont believe for one minute we have that sort of money. But if we do I would be pleasantly suprised [:)] (but its not gonna happen..)

[/quote]

How do you know how much they want for him?

How do you know its not a structured deal?

Now being reported on vital fotball and one or two local north east papers...............I suggest Radio Norfolk at 630 tomorrow. They got Sammy C right

Absolutely incredible. It seems as if we''re about to pull of a signing that wiill rank amongst the most expensive in the clubs history at a time when we''re considered broke. If true and if he can keep fit then this will rank up there with the signings of Ashton and Earnie, IMO.

[quote] user="Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

how do I know because its been said in almost every sports newspaper and website around.

how do I know its not a structured deal.. how does it matter if it is. The money still has to be payed and the long term finances are''nt just forgotten about. or we could bid for anyone and just say we will pay you in 2 years time.. then we would be in trouble..

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"][quote] user="Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

how do I know because its been said in almost every sports newspaper and website around.

how do I know its not a structured deal.. how does it matter if it is. The money still has to be payed and the long term finances are''nt just forgotten about. or we could bid for anyone and just say we will pay you in 2 years time.. then we would be in trouble..

[/quote]

Payments made on goals scored or apps.

Everything the papers say is true, they just quote eachother. Ameobi is in the last year of his contract

[quote user="McCanary"]Now being reported on vital fotball and one or two local north east papers...............I suggest Radio Norfolk at 630 tomorrow. They got Sammy C right[/quote]

oh but sammy C was just a free transfer he doesnt matter, does he?[;)]

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote]Plenty of managers have rated him good enough to keep in a Premiership set up[/quote]

Thats the thing I can''t get my head around. Why hasn''t a prem club come forward?

And considering our finish last season (not entirely Glens fault I know) why would a player apparently worthy of the prem join us? Can it really be purely because of who our manager is?

[/quote]I can only think that the Premiership Clubs are doing any scouting for strikers by watching the gogglebox. I''d wager any striker who scores three or more goals in the Euros is likely to be made an offer by at least one Prem Club. They do have a tendency to "discover" new talent by watching Internationals and African Cup matches.As for point two. Posibly, just possibly GR would have made him aware of a plan tosubstantially rebuild the team and has offered SA a prominent part in his plans?

Say we got Shola for 3.5 million. Would you rather have him and Ched on loan for a year. Or Ched full time. Or David Nugent?

Are you still going on what you were told a week ago DDD?

Or have you fresh info!, im incliined to believe it could actually happen!

I genuinely don''t believe that Ched would be available for less than £5mil. I do think that he is and will be available on loan. And I don''t mind saying that a Ched - Shola strike force is quite an exciting prospect.

[quote user="C.T"]

[quote user="McCanary"]Now being reported on vital fotball and one or two local north east papers...............I suggest Radio Norfolk at 630 tomorrow. They got Sammy C right[/quote]

oh but sammy C was just a free transfer he doesnt matter, does he?[;)]

[/quote]

Not to some[;)]

I can feel an exciting few days coming on!!!

Just the one phonecall over a week ago. when he told me that patterson was goin out on loan and he thought it was us, it wasn''t anounced till over a week later.

The lad has no reason to lie, just an old work friend that knows i support norwich.

I know there was a lot of noise about the supposed Ipshit bid, but there''s a lot of rumblings now appearing about this move with pretty much all of them suggesting its a done deal... starting to get a little bit excited now, eep... hope we''re not paying as much as quoted though...

I hate to say this but this could easily be the work of Ameobi''s agent who is trying to force the hand of any interested Premiership clubs.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I hate to say this but this could easily be the work of Ameobi''s agent who is trying to force the hand of any interested Premiership clubs.[/quote]

If that were the case, the rumours would be about Norwich making a bid or having a bid accepted - not about to seal the deal.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I hate to say this but this could easily be the work of Ameobi''s agent who is trying to force the hand of any interested Premiership clubs.[/quote]

If that were the case, the rumours would be about Norwich making a bid or having a bid accepted - not about to seal the deal.

[/quote]

We''re apparently hijacking the deal WBA have for Pat McCourt, so it can happen.

Never accept anything until the contract is signed.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

We''re apparently hijacking the deal WBA have for Pat McCourt, so it can happen.

Never accept anything until the contract is signed.

[/quote]

I think you miss my point. Yes, these things can happen, but if it were an agent trying to stir interest rather than us actually interested he would have said we have put in a bid or had a bid accepted.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

Surely Roeder isn''t crazy enough to spend 3.5m on a player like Ameobi!

Here''s the not so great side of the Newcastle No.9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJG3boMpY_M

On the other hand though I would be pleased to see the board are showing abit of ambition for a change but 3.5m is 2.5m too much IMO.

[/quote]

Daily Mail states "ultimately worth £3.5m" - so the cash could be considerably less with any balance being paid on performance etc...