Sign in to follow this  
GB1902

30000 at the Parade???

I seriously hope the City Council are joking when they say they only expect 30000 for the parade on monday. We get just 6000 less due to capacity restrictions at every home game! If they have only planned for 30000 people to enter the city centre then they are in for a huge shock. I reckon the figure will be double or even triple that. Lets hope they don''t ruin the day due to poor planning!!!

Agreed. There will be at least double the number expected by the Council. I''m hoping to be outside City Hall at 4pm but even then I''m not too hopeful!

Plus, they''re expecting the 30,000 to be along the parade route, and not all in one place in front of City Hall. I was aiming to be there at 5.00, looks like I''ll be even earlier then...

There''s a coffee shop on the walk with an upstairs which overlooks the market place - might be worth trying to see if they''ll be open.

what time do you think we will have to get there to be able to see what is going on in front of city hall?i want to be able to see it not watch it on a screen in front of the forum!

Yep, I agree there will be more than 30,000 surely? Me & my mate have got the day off work & am coming up from London specially so thats 30,002 for starters!! It''s gonna be crazy!!!!

Also, we are watching the game in one of the lounges on Sunday - does anyone know whether the bars will be open for the rest of the day? Not that I want to get drunk, just want to trickle more revenue into the canary coffers!

Can''t wait!!! Just hope Monday is nice weather!!

Just heard the parade has been postponed to Tuesday. Tuesday i tell you. This is true. Spread the word to as many people as possible. No-body come into the city on Monday coz it will be a wasted journey. Tuesday is the day, not Monday.

Actually, it''s Monday for all supporters who have attended every home and/or away game this season (minimum 23 games - proof required), and an action replay (with BBC/ITV/Archant body doubles for the players and officials) on the Tuesday, complete with the silver foil cup, as presented to Marc Edworthy at Sunderland last Tuesday!

On a serious note, I see that the police are now predicting somewhere in the region of 50,000 attending the presentation and parade. I think it is going to be impossible for everyone that wants to see the balcony appearance to pack into the space in front of City Hall, and I can see people getting hurt if even a small number of fans arrive late and try to push their way into that area. It would be really sad if a happy evening was spoiled by a crazy minority, so I hope everyone will follow the police advice and consider others as well as themselves.

SNAFU as usual with Norwich city council.The authorities are basing all of their calculations on the ''magical'' 30,000 attending Mondays party, and are already getting a severe case of the jitters, so God knows what is going to happen when the city is swamped with two or three times that amount! If the ''pointyheads and suits'' are sowing the seeds of panic, by trying to encourage us to get there for a 4-30 start, then it''s a case of good luck to anyone who actually gets to see any of the event. Choose your stategic viewpoint with care, and I baggsy first dibs on top of the tallest ladder from the fire station, just around the corner!