Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Malkay for Captain!!

I have said it before and I will say it again...our natural Captain is Malkay.
Now we have the got the season over with, and all the accompanying nonsense about not changing the armband from Dreary, oops, Drury (but have you actually met him in real life!), whilst in mid season,we can now give it to the most motivational, best organiser, most charasmatic leader that we have - MALKAY!!!!!!

Fat man..I think I will remember this post and pull it back where Adam has proved you wrong.... Can you expalin how making Malky our captain would have changed our season?
Personally I am rather happy with this one! I can''t see many faults at all...

I agree with Dan.

Also, if playing Championship Manager too much has taught me anything else (and it hasn''t), it is that it''s a good idea to give your captaincy to a player who is likely to command a first team place consistently. If we get a top class centre back in (Huth anyone?) then it will be a ding dong battle between Malk and Flem as to who will partner him, whereas Drury will be a shoe-in for a regular place on the teamsheet.

Worthy said when he appointed drury as skipper that it was to try and bring him out os his shell a touch. Also he leads by example liek Beckham for england rather than a captain such as roy keane who is a great leader and organiser! Malky is a great talker and leader on the pitch anyway so doesnt need to be given the armband to prove it!

I''m perfectly happy with Drury keeping the captains armband. We''ve also got to ask the question of how many games malky will play next season. It''s fair to day that Adam will be ever present, but if we buy a defender in the summer, Malky might see himself replaced.

Malkay will hold his place next season, never fear, and I still say that he is the best player to be Captain!!

You must be joking. There are already signs that Mackay is blaming other team members for the fact that he is too slow to pick up players in the box ( did you see him have a go at Huckerby against Preston). Agree with the majority of posters that Mackay will not play as a regular in the Premiership. Besides, why would we wish to change a captain who has led the team to the Premiership?

Why would I want to change the Captain from Dreary?...for the very simple reason that he DOES NOT LEAD the team...the guy is extremely quiet and insular on the pitch. To my mind the best captain is the one who can inspire, guide and rule the other players, Dreary doesn''t do this, Malkay does it as second nature.