Sign in to follow this  
hailtothechimp

Andrew (don't call me Andy) Cole

Andy cole is old and will be on big money,why would we get rid of hucks and then sign someone like this.If we sign him i think the dim wits who run this club should resign

Ahh ncfclad. You must either be mad, or have some serious coconuts between your legs to start yet another rumour thread.

For your own pride sake, I hope you''re right.

As far as Cole as a signing - I think he has a year or 2 at this level. So long as we''re not paying through the nose, I''m OK with it.

Just watched Cole''s goals for Burnley last season on Canariesworld and he still looks very sharp in front of goal to me!!! Would be very good signing; maybe not a regular starter but would add a lot to the squad

[quote user="jjjohnny"]

Andy cole is old and will be on big money,why would we get rid of hucks and then sign someone like this.If we sign him i think the dim wits who run this club should resign

[/quote]Yet another Huckerby worshipper. It really is getting old. How can you compare Andy Cole to Darren Huckerby, for crying out loud? It was never said that Huckerby''s release was due to his age. It was probably because, contrary to popular belief he was crap for large parts of last season.

Exactly -and they don''t even play in the same position either! Cole''s goal ratio at Burnley was very good; why does everybody doubt him? Anyone that says, "because he''s past it," what is your evidence for this? His goal record at Burnley wouldn''t suggest he was past it!

Ive just watched him on extended highlights of Burnley against Cardiff and QPR and I tell you what - dont under estimate him, he has still got all his old movement and awareness and he sure knows where the goal is, but he has lost his pace. I still think he could get 1 in 3 games at least.

Joke signing by a club that wants any old signing as long as its a freebie , another battle against the drop next season and in truth maybe relegation is what this club needs.

[quote user="DonnysDoom"]Joke signing by a club that wants any old signing as long as its a freebie , another battle against the drop next season and in truth maybe relegation is what this club needs.[/quote]

You lot fill my day with joy :-)

[quote user="DonnysDoom"]Joke signing by a club that wants any old signing as long as its a freebie , another battle against the drop next season and in truth maybe relegation is what this club needs.[/quote]

He had a better goal ratio as anyone in our side last season; what do you base your opinion that he will be a joke signing on?

[quote user="ncfclad"]

I must apologise for doubting the rumours before, but this person from wotb has predicted Alex Pearce, Nick Henry before they came, and also Rasiak before it fell through of course

You can check his posts below:

http://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk/interactive/board/index.php?username=wayne%20chris%20biggins

[/quote]

I expect Good News Gordon will let you know when he gets back from London. 

Any trouble on the line National Express Super Guard?

Meanwhile, I can exclusively reveal that Colchester United have signed up two nice girls to promote the new Stadium (Xmas Dinners are going very, very well although I have my doubts about the ABBA tribute nights but that''s a personal thing) who are currently working out of a Portakabin at Cuckoo Farm and which - you read it here first - will be gone by the third week in August. And that Lincoln City may have a goalkeeper next week which is always a useful start to the season in my book.

Oh and the massive Derby County have chickened out of Lincoln''s pre season friendly cos we drew them in the Carling Cup and they don''t want to give their secrets away.

We wanted to give ours away but they didn''t.

[quote user="jjjohnny"]

[/quote]

I see where you''re coming from with regards to age, but Andy Cole has a first class career goal record. He is a goal poacher, whereas Hucks was a winger who liked to cut in.

Cole scored 6 in 13 last season for Burnley.

Hucks scored about 5 in how many??

As long as we can get a couple of younger strikers in, as well as agreeing the right sort of deal for Cole, then I for one would be quite happy about this.

If it''s all true of course [;)]

1) We don''t even know for sure that he has signed.

2) If he does sign, then give him the chance to show what he can do, before writing him off.

3) His record at Burnley last season was impressive (even if it was only over 13 games).

[quote user="bigbear"]

My next door neighbour works in Yellows.  Today, in there he saw Andy Cole having a meal with Lee Clark.  Not the best place I could imagine for food, especially on the money they are on, and also as a place to wine and dine a possible target, but they were at least close enough for Clark to then take Cole on a stadium tour.

Cole has been mentioned on here and in the papers before, but this time it seems a definate possibilty now.  I wouldn''t be surprised if he signs for us in the next few days, or at least has a medical.  I wonedr what sort of wages he is on nowadays?

[/quote]

Burnley could afford his wages, we have Dion off the wage bill now, (as well as Hucks obviously).  I''m sure something could be arranged wage wise similar to what Dion was on.

I think he will prove to be a great signing - he won''t have lost his instinct for where the net is and I''m sure we''ll get another Prem wonderkid striker on loan too.

[quote user="The Great Revival. "]So what another has been topping up their pension fund. [/quote]

Another moaning detractor not actually giving players time to show what they can do. Yawn.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]Another supporter accepting any cheap old rubbish ....yawn .
[/quote]

OK. Who then would you realistically like to sign. Money is no object, but the player has to realistically want to play at our level.

As far as I''m concerned, there aren''t that many class options, other than players like Cole, who undoubtedly have quality, but are approaching their best before date.

Would you be happy if this Ameobi signing comes off? Would that be considered cheep rubbish?

If its multi-million pound spending you''re after, go and support Chelsea.

I would be ver happy with Ameobi, I even think he could be the next Roberts (except for 4x the price)

As for Andy Cole, after spending so much time laughing at his press conference to announce his retirement from international football (about 3 years after he was dropped), I would hate to sign him.  I''d even rather we sign Carlton Cole.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]Another supporter accepting any cheap old rubbish ....yawn .
[/quote]

Where do I say I accept it? I merely don''t condemn the guy before he''s even signed a contract, let alone pulled the shirt on!

I don''t actually understand why people like you claim to be "supporters". Even your bloody username is an attack on the club. Why not go support Manchester Utd? It''d be better for everyone.

Cole, would offer little in the way of consistency to any given team with the inevitable play two games miss three scenario that comes with an injury prone, primma donna who''s looking to spend the winter of his flailing career within the comfort zone.People here have rather stupidly contrived similarities ''twixt Cole & Dublin and the equivalent effect that the former might contribute to NCFC - the huge differences are that the Dublin was never an injury prone, primma donna throughout his career and neither did he at any time throughout that career have a stinking attitude.

"Don''t call me Andy" <[:P] Twot.

[quote user="shyster"]Cole, would offer little in the way of consistency to any given team with the inevitable play two games miss three scenario that comes with an injury prone, primma donna who''s looking to spend the winter of his flailing career within the comfort zone.

People here have rather stupidly contrived similarities ''twixt Cole & Dublin and the equivalent effect that the former might contribute to NCFC - the huge differences are that the Dublin was never an injury prone, primma donna throughout his career and neither did he at any time throughout that career have a stinking attitude.

"Don''t call me Andy" <[:P] Twot.
[/quote]

dublin broke his leg yes it was a long time ago but still.

you were probably one of the people who were slagging of dublin before he put on the shirt and now i bet u worship him. the same will be with cole if we sign him ur slagging him off now but if we do sign him and he decomes like dion youll love him. your in a way a glory hunter. and a retard at the same time.

Bunsen, you''ve lost this one... not only because your last post portrayed those who doubted Dublin when he signed as "glory hunters" - I too was a Dublin Doubter at first but he won me over, plain and simple.  I was wrong to doubt him.  There''s no "glory" in that other than what Dublin offered up on the pitch and that is all that matters.

i just watched his goal which won the league fot man u in the 1999 season.

i think he would be a good signing to help the younger players such as chris martin, chris renton etc.

Would do a short term job, but I wouldn''t be bothered if we didn''t get him!

Dublin was one of our best players in his 2 seasons with us. Worthy in his wisdom wouldn''t sign Sutton cause of his age then went onto sign the older Dublin and Sutton went to Aston Villa who came 7th in the Premiership that season!

I don''t have a problem with older players on the way down as long as they can still do a job which is why I''m still fuming about the way to premature exit of one of the best Norwich players of the last 30 years Mr Huckerby!

I''ll be annoyed if after letting the still good enough Hucks go presumably cause of his expensive contract and age we sign Andy Cole, Matt Jackson which has been mentioned and spend loads on the gamble that would be Mr 5 goals in 2 seasons Ameobi!

If your good enough then bo**ocks to how old you are!

Im 15 years old and my mate plays for the under 16s academy side and he told me yesterday that Andy Cole was at the training ground for a good few hours!

Hope this helps