Sign in to follow this  
hailtothechimp

Andrew (don't call me Andy) Cole

A friend of mine who works near Norwich airport for a rather large regal scottish bank has just spotted Andy Cole in there. He was just chilling out reading a magazine. Friend said he was on his own.

I work for the large regal scottish bank near the airport too, but I''m not there today to confirm this with my own eyes.

Thoughts?

Put him on a plane and get him as far away from Norwich as possible .

I reckon he was reading New Scientist in preparation for his admissions

interview at the UEA.... a friend of mine who works in the Waterstones

there saw him wandering around recently and asked my friend directions

to the Department of Environmental Sciences.  Apparently he''s

actually retiring from football to concentrate on his forthcoming

studies at the University, so get used to seeing him around.

At least, that''s what I heard.... [:^)]

I really hope it is crap, Cole is in no way a replacement for Dublin and I would be hopping mad if he was unveiled as our star signing!

i would be happy if we signed him for a year plus one very decent striker... i''m hoping martin comes good this year.... :)

we really shouldnt be looking at cole as a signing. when he "played" in the burnley game he was slow, complained alot and didnt do anything whenever he got the ball. just like hasselbaink at cardiff if you ask me. should stay well clear

Cole would be a decent signing for a year. Class player who i''m sure could still do well with the right partner. I''m sure if he did come he would not be one of our big signings but as an option alongside a bigger, younger striker (say Ameobi) he would be decent!

I''ve read this for forum long enough to know that no-one will take a blind bit of notice of this as I haven''t posted before but had to share this ... 

I work at a Housing Assoc. who are based in the offices at Carra Rud and on my way back from Morrisons (not Asda!!) at lunch I passed Neil Doncaster on the stairs up to my office and he was with Andy Cole and another chap who I didnt recognise... It wasn''t Clingan or Hoolihan as I would recognise them.

Make of it what you will but I had to pass it on...

I wouldn''t be surprised if Cole became our next signing. I wouldn''t be best pleased with the signing as I don''t see what it is Cole could offer that we don''t already have in Cureton. However, there''s no doubt he had a reasonableish time at Burnley and adds experience to a squad that lacks it.

I have mixed views too.. undoubtedly an awesome player in his time but has he got the drive to make an impact anymore.  But how many people on here were dubious when we signed Dion.  I know I was so we need to give ALL new signings the benefit of the doubt. 

Too many on here slate players before they have stepped onto the pitch for City and then disappear when they turn out to be good.  We need to face the facts that this isn''t Champ Manager and we can''t sign the type of players that will guarantee promotion.

With the cash we have available we need to gamble on players like Coppell did at Reading..

These older players are valuable as part of a squad,you just should not have to rely on them to play week in ,week out.A.Cole may well bring something different to the squad but I don''t think he would have the same effect off the pitch as Dion.

Dion was signed as a striker , how many goals did he end up with ? leave the old guys alone ,Cole has had his day and all his best ones are well behind him .

[quote user="DonnysDoom"]Dion was signed as a striker , how many goals did he end up with ? leave the old guys alone ,Cole has had his day and all his best ones are well behind him .[/quote]

Mate, thats a bit harsh on the big man, he might not have scored a goal every game (12 in 70 games accordong to Wikipedia) but he brought a huge amount to the squad and played well in pretty much every game he got. His touch was a different class and he brought others into the game superbly...

I''m not saying Cole would have the same impact but can you honestly say you think we shouldn''t have signed Dion?!?

[quote user="ncfclad"]

What did this other player with Andy Cole look like and are you sure it was Andy Cole?

[/quote]

It is most likely to be Cole''s representative rather than another player.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

What did this other player with Andy Cole look like and are you sure it was Andy Cole?

[/quote]

I am dead sure it was Cole. 

He was seen seperately by my mate who works here aswell.  The other bloke had short, brown hair, looked about late 20s - he was average height.  Ive looked at pics of Bell and Buffell etc but none are this fella...  Could be Cole''s agent I guess.

I can confirm that there is indeed a housing association based in the offices in the Jarrold Stand. I therefore immediately give this poster a level 4 (5 being best) for credibility!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I can confirm that there is indeed a housing association based in the offices in the Jarrold Stand. I therefore immediately give this poster a level 4 (5 being best) for credibility!

[/quote]

Ahhh... Thanks fella!  I''m no shady deep-cover mole type like good old gordon with his broken caps lock, I just happened to bump into some blokes on the stairs. 

BTW - other guy with Doncaster and Cole is unlikely to be agent as on reflection as he was pretty young and had jeans and t-shirt on.

6 in 12 games for Burnley so lets not write that possibility off, lets face it he was never a workhorse but if he gets 1 goal every 2 or 3 games hey i will sing his name as i did with Dion...

Andy Cole or Chris Martin???

To be fair though the reading part of the sighting means its probably a falsy, unless it was hello with Wayne and Coleens wedding pictures!!!!!

Right - time for some detective work then. That description does fit Hoolahan and Bell so you are sure it wasn''t one of them? If not then how about any of these:

http://www.scunthorpe-united.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10442~37736,00.html

http://www.4thegame.com/club/aberdeen-fc/player-profile/28188/barrynicholson.html

http://www.hartlepoolunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10326~33414,00.html

Yeah you''re right, doesn''t sound like an agent really. Perhaps we are to have this double signing that GNG was going on about after all?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Right - time for some detective work then. That description does fit Hoolahan and Bell so you are sure it wasn''t one of them? If not then how about any of these:

http://www.scunthorpe-united.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10442~37736,00.html

http://www.4thegame.com/club/aberdeen-fc/player-profile/28188/barrynicholson.html

http://www.hartlepoolunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10326~33414,00.html

[/quote]

lol! We could be here quite a while, Jim [:)]

Yes I guess we could but worth a try! None of us have done any work for the last couple of days anyway!