Sign in to follow this  
Grif

Roeder and Gibbs?

Having just read a piece on myfootballwriter.com it would appear that Roeder was mightily impressed with young Gibbs during his time here. Indeed the article suggests that Gibbs is to be the bench-mark against which all other youngsters (both our own and those brought in on loan) are going to be judged against.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought about Gibbs? Personally, I wasn''t too impressed to be honest, although I accept he is still very young. Would you guys be happy to see him back in the yellow and green next season - perhaps on a season-long loan deal?

he wasnt that great, he always looked good technically but was lightweight, but his last two games from us was when we started to see his quality and I think Roeder is right when saying that he will become a great player in time.

Watching the games he was involved in i was slightly disappointed as he was built up to be some sort of superstar(not his fault). You could see by his movement and passing he has got quality but what he really fell short on was strength and confidence. He didn''t really show for the ball much and i thought he looked nervous. Bertrand also started like that but got better every game so Gibbs could do the same...i''d be pleased to see him given another season.

Started slowly, but in his last 4/5 games with us he looked very decent.

I''d be keen to bring him and Bertrand back on loan again this year, as well as Evans if possible - although this seems a bit unlikely at the moment.

I thought he was ok, didn''t really stand out but he is young and lightweight with no real first team experience before, he''s definitely talented though.  I wouldn''t mind having him back - increases our options, but then if he didn''t come wouldn''t be fussed either.  He certainly weren''t the worst player last season!

Bertrand on loan...no way!!! We should sign him up. I think we will get him. Although Drury has been told to get himself really fit for the start of training...he has taken note and you will be seeing a very good Drury next season.

I thought he was excellent. A slow, shakey underwhelming start under-mined/lined further by nobody passing to him...

but by the end of his loan I was rather impressed by his game/contribution ...definately needs to bulk up to establish himself further.

I would be very pleased to see him return to us !

I wasn''t impressed. He needs to gain about a stone of muscle, of which about half can easily be obtained this summer, and also needs to be involved in games more. When he is played out wide it could be a case of a lack of service, but even when he was played more centrally he was invisible. He did get better, but he still wasn''t exactly a key player or a standout performer.I do agree that he has good natural ability and a lot of pace, so I wouldn''t mind seeing a stronger, better equipped Gibbs back here next season.

I agree with the comment about him needing to bulk up, I suppose he did look useful in those final few games.

For me the jury is still out on Gibbs although he did improve as his spell went on.  As you say he has age on his side and this was a first taste of regular first team football at this level so it would take a while to settle.  As to whether I would want him back on loan again, that would really depend on who else we get in over the summer and where the gaps in the squad are - at the moment if some of the rumours floating about are to be believed midfield is probably not the top priority for a bit of strengthening.

I would take anyone from the youth team of an established Premier League team. Worth giving a chance, doesn''t cost much and we haven''t got any players. If Wenger see''s something in Gibbs, and he''s available, we''d be mad not to have him.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I thought Gibbs didn''t have tooth much paste when he was here.....[/quote]

mello, that my boy ,is awful*

*but i like it.

as for gibbs, its pure agreement for me,as usual, i think he need some muscle,but roeder himself has pointed that out for us anyway.

Just cause hes from Arsenal doesn''t mean hes any good - pretty much sums up Gibbs'' time at Norwich last season!

Gibbs was mostly very ineffective.

He didn''t show for the ball, look nowhere near strong enough, understandably had no experience, didn''t make his mark on any game he played in and had 2 chances to head at goal in front of the Barclay and decided to try and kung fu kick the ball!

His best 2 games were his last 2 home games where he passed the ball around well sideways, and backwards but never got behind the oppostion or caused them any problems! 

Sorry but those who said he was good only did so cause he was from Arsenal. If we''d of got him from a lower League club he would of been roundly critiscised. I only want loan players who are better than what we''ve got and can improve the team, Gibbs was far from either. I also don''t want us becoming a nursury for big clubs to try out players they think are probably not good enough!

I think he has technical ability but without adding some muscle to his game he won''t get far. I''d say theres more chance of him never making the grade at Arsenal than making it!

If he gets stronger and more confident then he might be worth another try next season but if not then NO!