Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Random thoughts

The PU has been dominated by some chap called Good News Gordon who claims to be an insider at the club.  Personally I think all of it should be datelined Utar Bollox.  He claimed Amoebi "is in the building" and everyone got rather over excited.  I don''t believe it for a moment.  For a start Shola is on his honeymoon abroad and attractive though Mr Roeder might be (although he''s not my type) I don''t think he is worth breaking your honeymoon for and I suspect the new Mrs A may share that view.

Much more importantly Shola is with Key Management, one of the rather more professional outfits in the business (they are agents for David James, Walcott etc) and if any negotiations are going on they wouldn''t let him go and visit anywhere without his personal agent present.

We spoke to his personal agent on Wednesday morning at his base in the North East and he definitely wasn''t in Norwich.  What the agent said was to the effect: "When Shola''s back we''re going to sit down and see what''s on the table and then go from there but nothing can happen until he arrives back in the country."

Ipswich have yet to put in a formal bid but he wouldn''t say whether you had or not.  By the time the WBA rumour emerged he was at a charity golf match and we couldn''t get hold of him so I do not know the status of their bid at all or if it was a formal bid.

If there is any movement on the Shola front at all it will not be before next week.  I do know from the Newcastle reporters that Shola apparently gets on very well with Roeder and likes him and that may be in your favour.  Steve the agent is on record as saying that Shola "would be happy to link up with Glenn" which presumably means he wouldn''t be against a drop to the Championship but clearly the money has to be right.  Keegan has been told to cut back and is clearly desperate to get him off the wage bill first and foremost so might be prepared - a guess - to take staged payments.

Interestingly my guess is that he is on roughly what people claim Hucks was on (or a bit more) so if you could afford Hucks you could probably just about afford Shola.  

Allegedly (Newcastle Scum of the Earth assessment) he isn''t a particularly flash lad.  His money doesn''t seem to be pissed against the wall at the local nightclubs but rather invested in property - apparently he owns a number of properties in and around Newcastle.

Bride may be a WAG in the making but she''s a local call centre worker (blonde apparently) and they met through family friends.

At the end of all this saga I suspect it will be Shola who decides where he ends up - wherever that is Key will drive the hardest bargain they can and no doubt invoke their famous (infamous?) Relocation Aid Fee into the contract.  I''ve heard that called all sorts of things but I commend them for their originality.

I certainly think you have a chance of getting him but I wouldn''t want to pitch a percentage.

Despite what has been written on a couple of Message Boards it was not that Stoke rejected him - he rejected them and he''s bloody right.  Unless Pulis can reorganise the right side of his brain and change their style (which seems doubtful) it''s not the football for him.

For what it''s worth - and NOT from Message Boards - we keep hearing whispers from various clubs that Hoolahan is a done deal.  He too is on holiday and is back this weekend.  

This sort of makes sense to us because he was being watched by various clubs - no doubt about that, at all or should that be at all, at all? - and a Battle Royale was predicted after his Agent helpfully phoned everyone with the precise details of his release clause.  But the battle hasn''t happened which indicates to me that he is off the market.  Some clubs seem to think it is to you.  He was on piss poor money at Blackpool that even you lot could turn into Leprechaun''s Gold.

The Livingston-Blackpool-FIFA dispute is a red herring.  It''s an opportunist attempt by Livingston to salvage a very poor contract and it also hinges we are told on the differences between English and Scottish Law so it''s hardly surprising that FIFA can''t be arsed to deal with it.

Whoever gets Hoolahan, whether it is you or someone else, can deal with Livingston (currently acquired by some Italian chaps who look like a film stereotype of the Mafia) by the Irish approach of leaving a pile of money under the bridge which I know always appeases The Little People.

A sensible post as ever Cam but can I just pick you up on 1 small detail regarding this Gordon character and the Ameobi is in the building thing, you said "and everyone got rather over excited". I beg to differ on this tiny detail. Many of us on this board see this character for what he is, full of crap and I for one did not get excited.

[quote user="IncH-HigH"]A sensible post as ever Cam but can I just pick you up on 1 small detail regarding this Gordon character and the Ameobi is in the building thing, you said "and everyone got rather over excited". I beg to differ on this tiny detail. Many of us on this board see this character for what he is, full of crap and I for one did not get excited.[/quote]

well done you [:D]

Thanks for giving us your insight Cam....another interesting post as ever.

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="IncH-HigH"]A sensible post as ever Cam but can I just pick you up on 1 small detail regarding this Gordon character and the Ameobi is in the building thing, you said "and everyone got rather over excited". I beg to differ on this tiny detail. Many of us on this board see this character for what he is, full of crap and I for one did not get excited.[/quote]

well done you [:D]

[/quote]

Don''t worry Bunsen, there''ll be a new Gordon along next week to play with.

Great post, Cam... you may be of the Gutter Press and a rival club to boot, but I''d take your considered words over many of the self-proclaimed prophets on here any day.I guess next week could prove interesting with both Hollahan and Ameobi back from their holidays...?

Cheers for the update, first time ive actually commented on anyones speculation, seeing as though this is the first I remotely believe. Ameobis in the building?! Has to be the biggest joke this summer.

But the two situations look promising, I too hoped that the quiet surrounding Hoolihan meant he was off the market.

Great post, At last someone who has written something constructive and not the usual rubbish written by what seems to be school children

[quote user="Neil_MacLeod"]Great post, At last someone who has written something constructive and not the usual rubbish written by what seems to be school children[/quote]

Yes indeed.And the title of this thread ''Random Thoughts'' would''ve been a highly appropriate replacement name for The Pink ''Un and this message board in the last couple of months.

Thanks camuldonum , another sensible post which makes sense to me.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Great post, Cam... you may be of the Gutter Press and a rival club to boot, but I''d take your considered words over many of the self-proclaimed prophets on here any day.

I guess next week could prove interesting with both Hollahan and Ameobi back from their holidays...?
[/quote]

LOL! We also work for the Sunday Telegraph and the Sunday Times which is, of course, only the Gutter Press in disguise!  It simply means you have to use longer words.

We are not as much as a rival club as we were as I note we appear to be away to Hartlepool in our first game.

Next season starts here I think: players, managers and agents more or less all back from hols next week and the magical July 1 for new contracts is on the horizon.

It is also the time when existing players at every club can put in a transfer request....................................

A lot more interesting from now on in I think.

As usual, awesome posts there Cam

I cannot believe Im going to say this because I know its a stupid idea..

But perhaps Gordon saw Cole, who was rumoured to be around yesterday, and mistook him for Ameobi...?

Please dont hurt me

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

But perhaps Gordon saw Cole, who was rumoured to be around yesterday, and mistook him for Ameobi...?

Please dont hurt me

[/quote]Or Dion with a wig?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="The Bucketman"]

Please dont hurt me

[/quote]

Or Dion with a wig?
[/quote]

Or Didier Drogba?

Or...

CARL CORT!!! Out of Tescos, into Colney!

Of course.... its SO simple, we all missed it!

[:O]

Thank the Lord for some sensibilty on here. I was almost at the point of despair.GNG said one thing quite early on that indicated to me that he was a wind-up merchant of the highest order. If you intend to travel down this path in future make sure there''s no-one who can read your drivel and see it as such - don''t over-stretch youself in other words!

[quote user="LQ"]Thank the Lord for some sensibilty on here. I was almost at the point of despair.

GNG said one thing quite early on that indicated to me that he was a wind-up merchant of the highest order. If you intend to travel down this path in future make sure there''s no-one who can read your drivel and see it as such - don''t over-stretch youself in other words!
[/quote]

Youself Safri?

New laptop - sorry.It has a sticky r.I''ll let you do the joke...

[quote user="LQ"]New laptop - sorry.

It has a sticky r.

I''ll let you do the joke...
[/quote]

A sticky ''r''?

Then surrrrrely it would have came out as yourrrrself?

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Please dont hurt me

[/quote]

No idea but it wasn''t Shola.  I am confident of that.

I have no idea what the Cole situation is (answering another poster as well).  On the face of it he appears a bit out of sync with Mr Roeder''s "Three Year Plan" but if I read this board correctly some posters wondered about a bloke called Dublin coming in..........so who knows?

I don''t know is the truth of it.  But I''ll go out on a limb and say it wasn''t Shola in Norwich this week.  Actually, it''s not that much of a limb.  Both he and his agent have mobile phones.  So does Mr Roeder...it begins 079

For what it matters Alan Oliver (local Newcastle football reporter), North News (smart local agency), the Northern Echo all think he is on his honeymoon and Fine City though it is NOT in Norwich.  And...errr....so does his Agent who went playing golf rather than representing his client (and his brother).

IF he is going to turn up in your Fine City it will be next week or the week after. It certainly wasn''t this week.

"Sorry, dear, love you to bits.. I''ve got to go to Norwich.  I''m really worried.  I''ve tried to get my Agent on the phone but all I got was: "This call is being transferred."

"You have reached the message system for (cue Automated Voice)  079..............................

Yeah, right.

Damned long night considering it actually starts 077...