Sign in to follow this  
scotty is here LOL

Chris Martin???????????

Hi peeps i know we hav''nt signed a striker yet

but i have a sneaky feeling that martin may return this season a talent is always there but it''s weather they unleash it that matter''s

i think martin will have a gd season thats my imo...............

every palyer has a bad spell it''s when they bounce bk from it that counts

Come on Martin show us what u can do we all know u hav''t in ya

No one doubts that he''s talented, but it''s one thing to be talented and another to be an effective footballer. His attitude clearly hasn''t been right - hence Roeder''s criticism of him last season. I think he''s got one last season to prove himself or move on, before we end up with another Ryan Jarvis.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If we have to rely on the convicted thug Martin................then God help us![:''(][/quote]

If we have to rely on supporters like you then God help us. Is there anything that you dont criticise?

This season Martin will be drinking in the last chance saloon (thats if he hasn''t been banned from it!!) pardon the pun!.

If he can replicate his form of 2 seasons ago then he will be worth persevering with for longer if not then the club will have to get shot cause its been painfull watching messrs Henderson and Ryan Jarvis each get 2 seasons longer than they deserved while others more talented like Crow and most notably Paul Hayes were given little time!

If Martin isn''t playing then he will need to go out on loan, which will help him more than the friendlies the reserve team will be playing!

After recent events Martin really needs to get out of Beccles where he sadly sees himself as some kind of God by going out on loan to a club in an area that would possibly fix his mental attitude.Roeder is reputed  as being a relatively hard-task master and he may well instill some much needed discipline where Martin is concerned, but I personally don''t  think the latter will develope as a player if he sticks around in familier surroundings. 

[quote user="shyster"]After recent events Martin really needs to get out of Beccles where he sadly sees himself as some kind of God by going out on loan to a club in an area that would possibly fix his mental attitude.

Roeder is reputed  as being a relatively hard-task master and he may well instill some much needed discipline where Martin is concerned, but I personally don''t  think the latter will develope as a player if he sticks around in familier surroundings. 
[/quote]

I went to Beccles once to do some work......and it was closed.....

I think young Chrissy Boy knows what the future holds if he doesn''t get his act together......Seeing what shape he''s in for pre-season will be a good indication on whether he''s serious about his commitment, attitude and desire to be a Pro-footballer.

If he returns looking like a ''mini-me'' Hartson (with hair)......Cheerio Chris!

I agree, if he shows up minus the belly and when he gets chances in pre-season (which he will) he runs like a trooper, and works his ar*e off for the team, then Roeder will give him a chance, but he needs to show he is a team player not just for himself too.I always liked him, and want him badly to come back, but we need a striker for him to play with as him and Jamie will not work.

Luckily, the difference between him and jarvis is martin has ripped the division apart, all be it for a brief spell, so we''ve seen he can do it. Jarvis never did anything apart from that consolation goal against liverpool.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If we have to rely on the convicted thug Martin................then God help us![:''(][/quote]

Seriously, have you tried anti depressents?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If we have to rely on the convicted thug Martin................then God help us![:''(][/quote]                                                              is that libelious wiz. or are you ahead of the game

saw him play a few times last season. He doesn''t change sadly. Loads of ability but zero application. PS is ready to say enough but the powers that be will give him one more season then he becomes another Danny Crow

But if we buy a decent striker will Martin ever get a chance? Looks like a prime case for a season out somewhere remote to me.

I agree, I feel he needs a season away from his mates and Beccles, he needs to get his confidence back. My only fear with this is that if he does well, it goes to his head again and he is back at square one, that’s why I think somewhere like Crewe where they are used to dealing with young talent. I am not sure we as a club guided him and helped him through his new found fame. He just seemed to be allowed to do what he wanted, then along came GR and rightly Chis Martin’s world came to an abrupt stop and he suddenly received the guidance he should have got months before.

[quote user="C.T"]

If we have to rely on supporters like you then God help us. Is there anything that you dont criticise?

[/quote]Jamie Lad.

Wasn''t there an article not so long back saying that Chris Martin had already lost a stone or so.  I agree with Mello, the condition he is in when pre-season starts will tell us all we need to know.

If the kid has got his act together then he could well have saved the club a million quid.