Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

Holland V Russia

What do we reckon for this one then? Personally I can see Mr Hiddink''s Russia taking it to ET - well organised, starting to peak, Holland may have already peaked and as we have seen with Portugal and Croatia who have rested players it is not so easy to get back in to the swing of things.

Therefore I am going for a draw, and anything can happen in ET/Pens.

I predicted Italy to win Euro 08, they didn''t really ''ignite'' initially, but I''m still sticking with them.....I think the Dutch and Russia will be a "good ''un" and will go to the wire......Who expected Turkey against the Croats? Blimey!

I''m enjoying this competition more than I usually do with England competing.....

I say that Russia will cause an upset, and beat the ''Cloggies'' by a goal....

As for the final?......Italy and A.N. Other.....

I went for Germany to win Euro 2008 and I stand by that, they meet Turkey in the semi-finals and I think they should overcome them to be honest. I can''t see Turkey getting yet another unbelievable result - though you never know! As for tonights game, I''m going for........Russia 3-2 Holland AET.

It should be a cracker of a game if Russia play like they did the other night.

I''d still bet on Holland to get through this game though - the Russians are a bit young and inexperienced - but it will be very tight.

I want Holland to win, but suspect Russia might nick it in Extra time.  Not making any excuses for England, but it''s interesting that our qualifying group was the one that gave us two quarter-finalists, with both Croatia and Russia turning out to be amongst the strongest teams.  Even if we had qualified I simply don''t see us living with the quality that has been on show...

Holland were my tip for the Championship, I''ve always enjoyed their style even as a kid. I actually think they will find it hard to break down the Russians and may getted pipped in ET. I can see Italy winning it all now, they seem to score and hold on with grim negativity.....I hope they don''t but thats my tip

[quote user="suffolk canary"]I want Holland to win, but suspect Russia might nick it in Extra time.  Not making any excuses for England, but it''s interesting that our qualifying group was the one that gave us two quarter-finalists, with both Croatia and Russia turning out to be amongst the strongest teams.  Even if we had qualified I simply don''t see us living with the quality that has been on show...[/quote]Romania, Croatia, Portugal and Holland were all lower in the FIFA rankings than England when this tournament started. (So were Russia but a long way behind) The first four teams I mention are very close to Rngland in terms of points and if two or more of them gain sufficient points then England drop out the top ten. That means they''ll stop benefiting from a seed in future draws and go in the same pot as the likes of Scotland who got the World Cup winners and the World Cup runners up in their group for Euro 2008.  You have to wonder where Englands expectancies would currently be lying if they hadn''t had the benefit of an easy route in qualification in major tournaments for over a dozen years now. I seem to remember that pretty well every time they meet a decent team they lose.Now it''s likely they''ll be facing the Portugals, Spains, Italys and Hollands in the qualification stages after WC 2010, worrying.

For the childish gigglers...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/7461166.stm

Not the kind of pasties I''m aux fait with then...

[quote user="C.T"]

Back on topic...

1-1 in extra time, very good game so far [Y]

[/quote]

Back on a Mars bar...

It''ll go to a penalty shoot-out...

[quote user="C.T"]yep and cos Holland are rubbish at pens , im going for the Ruskies[:)][/quote]

Farley''s Ruskies?.......Nice with warm milk even if you''re an adult. My kid''s loved them.....unfortunately, so did I.

Anyway, all this talk about Ruskies.....Is makin'' me Hungary.....

If someone from Russia lives in West Norwich.....does that mean they''re from the Easton Bloc?

2-1 now.....The Dutch are on their way out.....

Damn. I missed the last 25 min!

Just saw the goal.

What is it about Guus ehh? I love him after he managed us in the 2006 world cup.

I thought we were going to get him back after he finished with Russia in this Euro. I guess a small country like Australia can;t compete with Russia (Roman) when it comes to $$$$$.

Ohh, and now 3-1. Great game from the Russians!

So much for the "young and inexperienced" Russians - d''oh!

As for names that make you smirk (in a childish fashion) what about Arshavin and Zhirkov?

Nothing beats the clip LQ posted! You can''t beat a fart joke.Final whistle 3-1. Think I''d better stop posting now before I look sad(der).