Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Spare a thought for Coops

I know that tomorrow is going to be another emotional day as Iwan puts on, then takes off, the beloved City shirt for the last time, but I didn''t want the occasion to pass without saying thanks to Kevin Cooper for his efforts over the past weeks. He has clearly worked very hard whilst here and faces, at least in the meantime, an uncertain future, even though Wolves may decide to keep him. When I have heard him interviewed he has always come across as a level-headed, sincere and unassuming person who has fitted in very well, and it seems clear that he has really enjoyed his time here and would prefer to stay rather than return to the Midlands. Whatever happens, he has been a very welcome addition to the team and to all the recent celebrations. I, for one, would like to see him back, but if it doesn''t happen for whatever reason I would like to wish him all the very best and just say a simple ''thank you for everything''.

Well said susie, he''s impressed me every time that I''ve seen him with his workrate and attitude and I think that he would make a very handy addition to our squad. However I''m sure that those pesky wolverines may just have spotted the fact that he is playing well and demand he go back, if it was up to coops however then he''d be crazy to want to go back there!! Keep it low.

I would like to also add my thanks to Kevin for the professional way he has fitted in and played for Norwich whilst on loan. I have met him several times at Colney and like everyone else he has always got time to sign autographs and have his photo taken. I would certainly welcome his permanent addition to the squad as we move into the Premiership.

OTBC

Quite agree, susie b - good sense as always. I second that wholeheartedly. It would be good to see Cooper kept on as I think he could do a good job for us and seems to be a player in the Worthington mould.
So if it''s not to be, thanks Kevin, you have made a real contribution and been a pleasure to watch.

Coops certainly gives the impression that he wants to stay with us, and he''d make an excellent squad player, given his ability and experience. Fingers crossed that Wolves will release him, but I wouldn''t be at all surprised if they realise that he is, actually, very good!! If they DO release him, we might see Kevin up at Asda with Carl Cort.

Well said Suse. I did think when Cooper first came that he would do a job for us when we were in the Nationwide but if we got promoted he would be out of his depth. He has done really well and would be a great acquisition to the squad. Well done Coop.

Indeed, well said Susie b - I also concur that Coops would make a valuable member of our squad, and if that does not happen, then thanks Coops for your contribution...it was recognised by many of us.