Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

What news Ryan Bertrand?

No chance of him getting a game at Chelsea any time soon. Or any time at all i reckon. It should be fairly straightforward to sign him up for another year on loan. Then again with the Scolari situation i suppose we''ll have to wait.

But it should be a goer i think and an excellent signing for us. If only for one more season initially.

I believe he said he would come back to Norwich permanently, but weather we have followed up his loan spell with a bid,there has been no news as such since he went back to Chelsea, but i would think they would sell him to us.

[quote user="a1canary"]

No chance of him getting a game at Chelsea any time soon. Or any time at all i reckon. It should be fairly straightforward to sign him up for another year on loan. Then again with the Scolari situation i suppose we''ll have to wait.

But it should be a goer i think and an excellent signing for us. If only for one more season initially.

[/quote]

I think this lad can play for England in the future, defiently try and sign him permanently!

I dont think we''d have a hope in hell of signing him permanantly, he''s a good, young prospect and he his held in high regard at Chelsea, a year long loan should be no problem though, he seemed to enjoy his time here.

I hope that we have followed this one up, and that Chelsea are willing to sell.  He''s a good young player with a good future ahead of him.  With giving him first team starts and good coaching can be a real bonus for us next season.  Let''s wait and hope!

[quote user="King Beef"]I dont think we''d have a hope in hell of signing him permanantly, he''s a good, young prospect and he his held in high regard at Chelsea, a year long loan should be no problem though, he seemed to enjoy his time here.[/quote]Why not? Surely it''s a better shop window for him playing in the Championship than in Chelsea''s reserves? Sure we might not hang on to him for more than a year or two, but we''d make a profit on him and he must know deep down that his chances of being a first-team regular at Stamford Bridge are minimal. I don''t see any reason why he wouldn''t sign for us permanently.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="King Beef"]I dont think we''d have a hope in hell of signing him permanantly, he''s a good, young prospect and he his held in high regard at Chelsea, a year long loan should be no problem though, he seemed to enjoy his time here.[/quote]
Why not? Surely it''s a better shop window for him playing in the Championship than in Chelsea''s reserves? Sure we might not hang on to him for more than a year or two, but we''d make a profit on him and he must know deep down that his chances of being a first-team regular at Stamford Bridge are minimal. I don''t see any reason why he wouldn''t sign for us permanently.
[/quote]

Precisely Coelho - it''s not even that he won''t soon be good enough to play for Chelsea. More that the foreign coaches like Scolari have their own foreign contacts (look at all the Portuguese that came with Mourinho, the Spaniards at Liverpool due to Benitez), plus the insatiable demand among the big clubs to have the latest galactico in the team. It means that ''promising youngsters'' like Bertrand have to be absolute superstars like Rooney when he was 16 to even get a look in. I would say the same about Evans at Man City but unfotunately, he could well be a star and with Hughes the welshman now at the helm, he''s more than likely to be given a crack at the first team. [:(]

I suspect that any transfer would largely depend upon the fee we can pay and the fee that Chelsea are willing to accept.

However, I do have a feeling we''ll end up buying him though.

Through my work I have had the pleasure of meeting Frank Arnesen a couple of times. The most recently of these was just before the beginning of Euro 2008. After official business, I spoke to him about Bertrand and it wasn''t great news for Norwich.

Frank rates Ryan pretty highly and has reffered to him as the "new Ashley Cole" more than once. There is a real push to get Ryan into the first team this year, but more likely next. Mainly as cover for Cole, but probably getting run outs in the League Cup.

Of course, I spoke to him before Scolari was made manager and "Big Phil" will certainly have some say in the squad, but the final decisions are up to Arnesen and if he wants Ryan there, then no one will say otherwise.

What happens to Ryan is very dependant on the comings and goings at Stamford Bridge, it looks like Lampard, SWP and even Joe Cole might be leaving. This would reduce the amount of English guys there, and players like Bertrand will be needed to make the Champions League quota. Also Scolari will want some of "his" players to come in, and any young left sided player will pretty much kill Bertrands chances at Chelsea.

I''d love to see Ryan back with is next season, but I honestly think the best we can hope for would be another loan deal.

[quote user="C.T"]

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]I''ve got a funny feeling we will see him here before the season starts![/quote]

stop playing with drugs!![:D] [Y]

[/quote]

No with the drugs, i could see Ronaldo and Villa playing for us!!