Sign in to follow this  
taintedtom2000

Joachim signs!! (official)

[quote user="NegativeVibes"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="taintedtom2000"]

HAHAHAHA!! sorry arrdee...

menu bar = bit where you write www.pinkun.com at the top of your screen

right click = click on the web address with the right button on your mouse

highlight = click next to the address to want to link to and drag the mouse over the address so its highlighted in purple

thats about as simple as I can get it.....

think its time to get rid of your gremlins....[;)]

[/quote]

Thanks taint for your attempt at helping me but I still haven''t found menu bar , I don''t write pink un anywhere because the pink un comes on when I turn my computer on so I haven''t got off base yet .

[/quote]

Arrdee you lovely old boy, you''re in need of a computer lesson.

The menu bar is where the website address is written on your web browser.It should have a white background and an example of an address is http://www.google.com - if you are still unsure look for the http bit on the screen.

Ok so now we open a new browser on Internet Explorer or Firefox, or alternatively you could press Ctrl + N on the browser you''re viewing right now. Press the left button on the mouse over the website address, it should automatically highlight itself. Then press the delete button which may be found at the top right of your keyboard.

Ok now lets type www.youtube.com and when you are there you will see a search box, type what you are looking for.

The search results will come up and you can click on the video you want to see. Once on the video, if you want to post it here simply click on the website address (click twice if it doesn''t highlight). Press the Ctrl + C buttons on your keyboard to copy the web address.

Create a new post on the Pink''un and press the Ctrl + V buttons for the link to display.

I tried my best to explain there, it''s kind of hard to make it really simple.

[/quote]

Thanks vibes, I am sorry I am not much good on the computer and thanks for trying to help all i know is what I have found out myself , I have found the http space at the top of the screen , I think I know what you mean when you say open a new browser you mean click again Internet explorer , I know this because someone else told me this , its like turning it on again which I don''t understand but however I have hi-lighted http, the button on the right of my keyboard has backspace on it , is this the button you mean ? How can I get something from my in box on to the message board . I know its fine for posters like P''boro to find it funny but believe me I haven''t a clue , I don''t mind who laughs at my ignorance on my computer but there''s one thing I know I am intelligent as most  and perhaps more than most I never pretend to be something I am not . thanks once again for your help vibes . arrdee

[quote user="arrdee"]

I know its fine for posters like P''boro to find it funny but believe me I haven''t a clue , I don''t mind who laughs at my ignorance on my computer but there''s one thing I know I am intelligent as most  and perhaps more than most I never pretend to be something I am not . [/quote]

Hey Arrdee sorry if my intended light hearted comment came over badly - I hope I am still as sweet as honey in your eyes mate as I dont want a ban from free bet posting!

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="arrdee"]

I know its fine for posters like P''boro to find it funny but believe me I haven''t a clue , I don''t mind who laughs at my ignorance on my computer but there''s one thing I know I am intelligent as most  and perhaps more than most I never pretend to be something I am not . [/quote]

Hey Arrdee sorry if my intended light hearted comment came over badly - I hope I am still as sweet as honey in your eyes mate as I dont want a ban from free bet posting!

[/quote]

Now P''boro don''t be daft you will never be banned from the Free Bet Pickers you lovely old boy , we don''t want to lose one of our star Pickers and of course you are as sweet as honey in my eyes , yes of course I took your light hearted comment as it was intended , always remember I never get upset at what people say to me and I never hold grudges , its not in my make up you lovely old boy. arrdee.

Getting back to the original thread here ladies! (lol) [;)] Can we expect a large contingent from Norwich on Tues 29th July when we play you at the Walks? May I use this opportunity to plug my web site below.

Its just a shame that the only norfolk football team doing any business is the non league one......sort it please city. comes to something when kings lynn are signing better players than us....good luck to the linnets though, fair play to you.

[quote user="Vern"]Its just a shame that the only norfolk football team doing any business is the non league one......sort it please city. comes to something when kings lynn are signing better players than us....good luck to the linnets though, fair play to you.[/quote]just what i was thinking vern...i eagerly got to the back page of fridays edp to see the latest developments down at carra rd - only to see the ''ambitous'' kings lynn had knocked us off it>>>  how the mighty fall...good luck to kings lynn, seems like a huge coup for them...

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="NegativeVibes"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="taintedtom2000"]

HAHAHAHA!! sorry arrdee...

menu bar = bit where you write www.pinkun.com at the top of your screen

right click = click on the web address with the right button on your mouse

highlight = click next to the address to want to link to and drag the mouse over the address so its highlighted in purple

thats about as simple as I can get it.....

think its time to get rid of your gremlins....[;)]

[/quote]

Thanks taint for your attempt at helping me but I still haven''t found menu bar , I don''t write pink un anywhere because the pink un comes on when I turn my computer on so I haven''t got off base yet .

[/quote]

Arrdee you lovely old boy, you''re in need of a computer lesson.

The menu bar is where the website address is written on your web browser.It should have a white background and an example of an address is http://www.google.com - if you are still unsure look for the http bit on the screen.

Ok so now we open a new browser on Internet Explorer or Firefox, or alternatively you could press Ctrl + N on the browser you''re viewing right now. Press the left button on the mouse over the website address, it should automatically highlight itself. Then press the delete button which may be found at the top right of your keyboard.

Ok now lets type www.youtube.com and when you are there you will see a search box, type what you are looking for.

The search results will come up and you can click on the video you want to see. Once on the video, if you want to post it here simply click on the website address (click twice if it doesn''t highlight). Press the Ctrl + C buttons on your keyboard to copy the web address.

Create a new post on the Pink''un and press the Ctrl + V buttons for the link to display.

I tried my best to explain there, it''s kind of hard to make it really simple.

[/quote]

Thanks vibes, I am sorry I am not much good on the computer and thanks for trying to help all i know is what I have found out myself , I have found the http space at the top of the screen , I think I know what you mean when you say open a new browser you mean click again Internet explorer , I know this because someone else told me this , its like turning it on again which I don''t understand but however I have hi-lighted http, the button on the right of my keyboard has backspace on it , is this the button you mean ? How can I get something from my in box on to the message board . I know its fine for posters like P''boro to find it funny but believe me I haven''t a clue , I don''t mind who laughs at my ignorance on my computer but there''s one thing I know I am intelligent as most  and perhaps more than most I never pretend to be something I am not . thanks once again for your help vibes . arrdee

[/quote]

Yeah, opening a new browser is clicking again on Internet Explorer. The backspace button should be fine and it should get rid of it. By in box do you mean the http:// website address?

No Vibes I mean my e mail inbox I want to get a photo that someone has sent me onto the message board and I have no idea how to do it . Thanks for helping vibes no one seems to want to help arrdee other than you . you lovely old boy . arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]No Vibes I mean my e mail inbox I want to get a photo that someone has sent me onto the message board and I have no idea how to do it . Thanks for helping vibes no one seems to want to help arrdee other than you . you lovely old boy . arrdee.[/quote]

Ok so go onto your email inbox (I assume you know that part...) and open the email, done by left-clicking on the email on most Email providers. Now if we look at the email we should see the file that was sent, you can look for what you expect it to be named and if its a picture the attachment should have something like .jpg, .png or .bmp at the end. On Google Mail for example, it should appear at the bottom of the email.

It varies on what email provider but to download the attachment, there should be a clear Download image or Download text. Once you have pressed that, there may be a anti-virus check. Let that happen. Now you should be prompted to do what you want with the file, press the Save button and take a look at the address bit (similar to on Internet Explorer) as to where the file is being saved, for example My Documents or Desktop so we know where it is. Once it has downloaded you can close the download box.

Now we minimize all our open windows to get to the desktop, to do this press the "-" button at the top right of Internet Explorer and other programs. Once we have done this either double click on the file if it was saved on the Desktop or open the My Documents folder or where ever else you saved it, on your Desktop and do it that way.

The picture should open with whatever program you have set up to open the .jpg file etc.

Ok, if the picture shows up press the ''X'' button at the top right section.

Open up a new Internet Explorer window (or alternatively press Ctrl + N on this window).

Go through the procedure I explained before about deleting the address but rather than www.youtube.com type in www.tinypic.com and press the Enter button or press Go.

Once we are on the site, you should see the "File:" bit with a white space and the "Browse" button. Click the Browse butotn.

Now we are prompted with a similar screen to what we found when we downloaded the attachment. Search for the photo by clicking the arrow next to the "Look in:" bit at the top and changing it to My Documents or whereever you saved it.

Click on it once and press the enter button or alternatively the "Open" button if you can see it.

Now press the big green "UPLOAD NOW" button, that should be to hard to see.

Once it has uploaded, look for the "IMG Code for Message Boards" heading, click on the http:// address which is covered in [IMG] tags and it will automatically copy it for you.

Create a new post on the Pink''Un, and press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the link.

The link should look something like this without the space in it (done so the image is not embedded on my post)

[ IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2m5dxcn.jpg[/IMG]

Your image should show up on the forum.

No problem, arrdee. I have no problems helping you as you are a grateful, respectable poster. This was a long guide and a lot to take in but I hope I helped in some way.

Sorry arrdee don''t mean to be nasty but couldn''t you discuss these things via personal messages to negative vibes? Instead of clogging up these threads. I''m not being sarcastic its just a suggestion! [;)]

Now yes of course you lovely old webb''s I do apologize for hogging your thread and i also apologize for my very good friend vibes , I have taken your advise and e mailed vibes with my thanks to him . I know you would never be nasty towards arrdee, I know you would never be sarcastic towards arrdee as well , because you are such a sweet Linnets supporter and indeed the sweetest stick of candy floss ever . I wont be coming to the Walks to the match unfortunately for reasons that I don''t want to go into but if I was able to be there I would love to be there believe me . If only ....arrdee.