Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Roeder does loose out on a transfer target..

Why did he say he was a target for this season then?  Because I can''t find anything ATM where GR has stated he has been a target this transfer window.

So for me this is paper talk that he was after him, nothing more.

I believe we made an enquiry but never followed it up. So he was a transfer target but had been removed from the target list before Celtic pounced.

Well he had to say it at same point. I bet at the time he only said he didn''t miss out on any targets to keep supporters happy moaning about the lack of funds. But if he kept saying that then supporters would assume that he''s not doing anything in the transfer market.

Again, this appears to me yet another example of this mind set of moaning at the club whenever the opportunity arises. I couldn''t care who he misses out on as long as by the end of August we have a squad capable of achieving something over the coming season.

Glenn never had him down on his list of players he wanted at the club. He even announced himself in a recent statement that he decided to take a quick look and consider whether he was worth bidding for but Celtic got in there and signed him.

He was never a target of ours, just a little interest for Roeder to think about.

I think the clue is in -"We showed a little bit of interest late in the day," Roeder told the club''s official website.Still who wants accuracy when you can have another pop at the club.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]I think the clue is in -

"We showed a little bit of interest late in the day," Roeder told the club''s official website.

Still who wants accuracy when you can have another pop at the club.
[/quote]

to you and marshmellow man: if your comments were aimed at me I wasn''t moaning simply posting something I found.. I didn''t particuly want another unproven Scotsman here anyway.. so dont go blaming me for looking for excuses to have a ''pop at the club''

If not then why stick a spin on a non storyWhy refer to him as an unproven Scotsman when every other City fan knows that he is not scottish, he is from Northern Ireland ?As so you should have known ......... more so if you had bothered to even read the article before posting it up - the first paragraph has him as " The 24-year-old Northern Ireland winger "

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]If not then why stick a spin on a non story

Why refer to him as an unproven Scotsman when every other City fan knows that he is not scottish, he is from Northern Ireland ?

As so you should have known .....

.... more so if you had bothered to even read the article before posting it up - the first paragraph has him as

" The 24-year-old Northern Ireland winger "
[/quote]

ok fair enough, i got that wrong. but because I got his nationality wrong really means I am having a dig at the club [:^)] ... riiight good point..

not, I was looking on ''news now'' and saw a title cant remember exactly what it was now but something like ''Roeder admits he misses out on transfer target''. And I thought ill put it on here for people to discuss if they think they''ve missed out bad, or if its not so bad or whatever. If i post ''Kaspar Gorks, one of roeders transfer targets goes to Qpr'' does that mean im having a dig at the club? nahh didn''t think so..

You don''t seem to quite grasped the idea of the word forum so maybe I might make a suggestion (or two).Try actually reading what you are asking people to discuss. Don''t pose a question then answer it yourself - rather negates the point of a forum.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]If not then why stick a spin on a non story

Why refer to him as an unproven Scotsman when every other City fan knows that he is not scottish, he is from Northern Ireland ?

As so you should have known .....

.... more so if you had bothered to even read the article before posting it up - the first paragraph has him as

" The 24-year-old Northern Ireland winger "
[/quote]

You might have had a chance had you had an Irish scout earlier.  Apparently you didn''t have but have one now.  So that''s good I think!

Colchester have just signed up an Irish lad.  And, no, I don''t know if he is any good .

http://colchesterunited.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3589

I don''t think mccourt was a primary target and this is what he means.  Yes we have missed out on a player we showed 11th hour interest in, but no players on the orginal list.  So his comments make sense they have just been taken out of context a bit.

[quote user="ob1"]He hadn''t lost a target and said so. Later on... a target is lost. How did that make him a liar...?
[/quote]

who said he was a liar? i certaintly didn''t. all though im sure ralph whatever his name is could make it seem like i did...

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]

[quote user="ob1"]He hadn''t lost a target and said so. Later on... a target is lost. How did that make him a liar...?[/quote]

who said he was a liar? i certaintly didn''t. all though im sure ralph whatever his name is could make it seem like i did...

[/quote]So - whats the issue...?

[quote user="jetstream"]"Loose" is the opposite of ''tight'' The opposite of ''win'' is "lose". C''mon! :o)[/quote]

perhaps part of the clingan Deal was a looser pair of comfy trousers!

jas :)

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"] I couldn''t care who he misses out on as long as by the end of August we have a squad capable of achieving something over the coming season.[/quote]

Don''t forget we were expecting a number of signings during the summer of 2006, all we got was one!

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"] I couldn''t care who he misses out on as long as by the end of August we have a squad capable of achieving something over the coming season.[/quote]

Don''t forget we were expecting a number of signings during the summer of 2006, all we got was one!

[/quote]And since Roeder has done it once, how could we trust him again....?Oh... hang on....?