Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

A season stacked full of awards!

What an incredible year we''ve had. An amazing season on and off the pitch. It''s so nice that this has been recognised by our players and management gaining some great accolades. Forgive me if I''ve missed some but from my memory we seem to have got the following:

1) Nige gets Manager of the Month for October

2) In the same month Huckerby receives the PFA Player of the Month

3) If my memory serves me correctly, we won an award for our programmes! They were crowned the best in the country!

4) Yet another Manager of the Month award for Worthington in the month of January (I think!)

5) Greeno has the ultimate honour. A call up to the England first team squad!

6) Darren Huckerby receives the PFA Fans Player of the year.

7) At last!! Malky and Holt FINALLY get a Scotland call.

8) Greeno and Mackay in the First Division team of the year.

9) Nige makes it a hat-trick by winning the Manager of the Month award for April.

10) The Huck wins the highest award for a first division player- The Umbro Isotonic Player of the Season for Division one- The official award of the Football League

11) Of course, the big one! Winning the First Division Championship.

12) Finally, keeping hold of the Friendly Cup for at least another year.

What a great year! Now we''ve got to hope that Nige picks up the Manager of the Season award.

Well done lads, you''ve put Norwich back on the map!

Perhaps you should send a copy of this to Ipswich, after all, they do claim to be the best team in Division 1 so you could ask them what awards they''ve won this season - the relpy might be on the short side
Whilst on the subject, presumably as they''re the best team in Division 1, they won''t want to win the play offs and be officially recognised as the 3rd best team in Division 1
Much better that they stay just where there are and try & prove that they''re the best team in Division 1 "again" next year

DD,
As usual you have summed it up perfectly,INCREDIBLE,just like your posts this year which I have thoroughly enjoyed,thankyou.

Send your amended list (including Jarvis, Lewis, Hendo) to Joe R, DD. As they are the best team in Division 1 (where I sincerely trust that they will reamin) they must have had loads more awards than us?

Cityangel,

A massive thank you for your very kind response. Right back at you, I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts this year and had no hesitation in nominating you for poster of the season.

never mind any of the on field awards

the true test in my mind of a successful season is for any football club to inspire people to want to go and watch, and we have certainly done that

don''t know about anyone else, but friends and workmates who previously had no interest in football, particularly ncfc are now asking me about them, whatever your own personal views on that, it is great that our team''s success has inspired more people to maybe think about joining us on a saturday afternoon

After the final game today I would unofficially like to award the title of ''meanest defence in the First Division'' to our magnificent back line. (Ok, the Crewe goal wasn''t too clever, but it''s over the whole season that counts and no other team has done better overall, so good on yer guys from all of us!!!)