Sign in to follow this  
canaryherts

russell of to burnely then

He''s only off to Burnley if Roeder doesn''t want him here. I''m sure he''d choose to stay here over a move oop north to Burnley!

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Burnley a club with more ambition than Norwich?

[/quote]

Burnley have sold 7000 season tickets for the next season. They have just sold Lafferty and have had a bid for Paterson of £1.3 mill accepted - this will be their third ever signing of over a million pounds.

More ambition than us ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

Burnley have sold 7000 season tickets for the next season. They have just sold Lafferty and have had a bid for Paterson of £1.3 mill accepted - this will be their third ever signing of over a million pounds.

More ambition than us ?

[/quote]

Well that`s one more £1million plus signing than our board have given us, despite the Prem and transfer tens of millions.

Russell , a developing and respected player , leaves Norwich a few years ago and we get promoted.

Russell , by then team captain and dynamo , leaves Stoke last season and they go on to get promoted . Sadly we take Chadwick too.

Third time unlucky for Russell  ?-let''s hope so.

He''s a good player and so is Chadwick ; but mebbe our luck and Chadders'' luck with injuries will both change  again if Russell leaves again .

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

More ambition than us ?

[/quote]

Well that`s one more £1million plus signing than our board have given us, despite the Prem and transfer tens of millions.

[/quote]

Thats in Burnleys entire history, not recent history. Cant really compare 10 or so years with an entire clubs history!

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

More ambition than us ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats in Burnleys entire history, not recent history. Cant really compare 10 or so years with an entire clubs history!

[/quote]

Can you think of anyone else in our history who cost over £1million?

Just checked on Burnley FC web sites and no mention of Russell at all.  The main discussion is of only one signing, admittedly our target Patterson for over a million, only half a squad, no money, lack of ambition at boardroom level, poor opinion of the manager etc.  Hang on this all sounds familiar.  Do some fans of other clubs have the same opinions of their club as some of ours!  And I thought we were unique.

[quote user="National express super guard"]million pound (plus)  signings I can think of, John Newsome, Dean Ashton, Rob Earnshaw, I must''ve missed some. hucks is unconfirmed amount
[/quote]

Mathias Johnson...

[quote user="National express super guard"]million pound (plus)  signings I can think of, John Newsome, Dean Ashton, Rob Earnshaw, I must''ve missed some. hucks is unconfirmed amount
[/quote]

Ashton and Earnshaw are the players i am refering to in my initial post.  Newsome cost about £1million as did Marshall.  Roberts and Jonsson were £900k and £800k respectively.  We actually SOLD Jonsson for £1million (yet another player this board have made a profit on.....).  Hucks was £750k. 

You haven`t missed any others because there aren`t any.

Huckerby was £750k + £250k add on

Including add ons, Safri and Doherty can be added to the £1m buy list.

[/quote]

Are you sure about Safri and Doherty?  The fees stated at the time were about £500k apiece and clubs always include the add-ons as it makes them look better.  Dubious IMO.

Anyway we`re talking about fees OVER £1million.......[:P]

Huckerby was £750k + £250k add on

Including add ons, Safri and Doherty can be added to the £1m buy list.

[/quote]Absolute bargain.