Sign in to follow this  
roland rat

Alan Gow to join from Rangers

I''m excited to see what he''s like, but I worry that this means the end of Rusty. Still we could seel Rusty, buy Gow and make a profit - might not be such a bad thing. That money could then be put towards other signings.

Was well thought of while at Falkirk with manager John Hughes reluctant to see him leave. Indeed Falkirk were so determined to keep him to the end of the season that they turned down several bids from Rangers and he eventually signed a pre-contract agreement and left at the end of that season. They also turned down offers from Wolves and he had approaches from Aberdeen and Hibs.

So, you can see he has been in great demand in the past, but unfortunately did not get a regular berth at Rangers and at the age of 26 needs to find a new club in order to kick start his career and prove to himself and the public that the Rangers management were wrong not to give him a bigger role at their club!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I think its fair to say we def have no money...........as well as no ambition. The nightmare I envisaged is coming true.[/quote]

Lay off the cheese sarnies before bedtime......

I''ve seen mentioned a couple of times that he has chosen us over Doncaster as he wants to play championship football as opposed to playing in League 1.  Doncaster did get promoted to the championship didn''t they?

They did indeed, I was wondering why that was put in there as well....

Now, this Gow may well be a footballing genius...but for some reason I can''t help but think signing players who were recently at one of the teams we picked for a pre-season knock around does not spell ambition.  Scottish football is notoriously lacking in depth of quality, and this guy has obviously not got even close to making the step up to Rangers, who are in reality probably a mid-table premiership team at best.  Don''t see how any of this is consistent with the stated aims for next season, and Roeders overall masterplan.  Also, I start to fear that Russell leaving is implied in this move. First time I have been truely worried this close season, seems like our signings are capped around 250 k, which I don''t think will be enough to make us competitive at all next season...just pray to god we can get some quality loans in.

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

A friend of mine works for a car dealer in the city who sponsor Gunnys car, Gunny was supposed to be making an appearance on their stand at the Norfolk Show today but said he could not make it as he has a Player coming down for talks..... Could this be Alan Gow ref the other thread??

MM

[/quote]

Oh geeeeeez another scottish footballer! Didint we learn anything from Grants jock flops?

[/quote]Appartently not TwoSheds..........a 6ft donkey who was to be a make weight in a deal with Burnley which fell through..........be afraid!.[:''(]

he isnt a centre midfielder, he can play there but his natural position is left wing or just of the front man in free role

im personally not sure on the bloke, but the fee seems resonable and worth a punt i''d say. but i would also be very suprised if you was to sign hollahan as well now seems there play are very similar

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

Now, this Gow may well be a footballing genius...but for some reason I can''t help but think signing players who were recently at one of the teams we picked for a pre-season knock around does not spell ambition.  Scottish football is notoriously lacking in depth of quality, and this guy has obviously not got even close to making the step up to Rangers, who are in reality probably a mid-table premiership team at best.  Don''t see how any of this is consistent with the stated aims for next season, and Roeders overall masterplan.  Also, I start to fear that Russell leaving is implied in this move. First time I have been truely worried this close season, seems like our signings are capped around 250 k, which I don''t think will be enough to make us competitive at all next season...just pray to god we can get some quality loans in.

[/quote]

And you''re basing this on this potential signing and Clingon? Hardly enough to judge...

I''m confused.

Is this one of Roeders long term targets.?

It appears to me that he was a done deal at Burnley subject to personal terms.

If (IF) this one is true it appears to be a spur of the moment thing. Did one of Roeders targets in fact fall through or is Mr Rusty off?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

A friend of mine works for a car dealer in the city who sponsor Gunnys car, Gunny was supposed to be making an appearance on their stand at the Norfolk Show today but said he could not make it as he has a Player coming down for talks..... Could this be Alan Gow ref the other thread??

MM

[/quote]

Oh geeeeeez another scottish footballer! Didint we learn anything from Grants jock flops?

[/quote]Appartently not TwoSheds..........a 6ft donkey who was to be a make weight in a deal with Burnley which fell through..........be afraid!.[:''(][/quote]

6ft donkey? On what information do you base your statement? Why exactly did the deal with Burnley fall through? Please tell us as you seem to have prior knowledge of all this.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

I''m confused.

If (IF) this one is true it appears to be a spur of the moment thing. Did one of Roeders targets in fact fall through or is Mr Rusty off?

[/quote]

There are several quotes in this topic stating that the deal fell through as he could not agree personal terms with Burnley. Just ask Wiz, he knows everything.

just think 200k isnt much in football nowdays

if it fails then its fails

but worth gamble at that price

why all negativity?? you lot wanted bloody ameobi for about 3m yet dissopointed when get someone who could at least be talented

If I was him I''d head back to Rangers.. let''s be realistic & sign Kaka, he seems like he can play a bit........

None of you know anything about Gow & he''s slagged off before he''s even looked at a ball..

There are some real deluded, small minded idiots on this site.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

MM

[/quote]

[/quote]Appartently not TwoSheds..........a 6ft donkey who was to be a make weight in a deal with Burnley which fell through..........be afraid!.[:''(][/quote]

Why must you take the negative out of every suggested transfer and why the rudeness in describing the player, as I expect you know nothing about him?

As for being a make-weight, the transfer of Lafferty went through and Dow did not see a move to Burnley as being for him. He has rather decided to make a move under his terms, which shows his strength of character not to be bullied into doing what Rangers wanted!

As for flops, I think you will find that Norwich have had even more "English" flops than Scottish and indeed Norwich have a lot to be thankful for Scottish players in previous seasons! 

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

I''m confused.

[/quote]

There are several quotes in this topic stating that the deal fell through as he could not agree personal terms with Burnley. Just ask Wiz, he knows everything.

[/quote]

That''s not what I was saying.

I understand that the deal fell through due to personal terms but what I am a little confused about is that I felt that Roeder had targets already in his radar. This guy has apparently just come in to the shop window and we are going for him. If he was a Roeder long term target why were we competing with Burnley not scavenging scraps from the Turf Moor table?

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

MM

[/quote]

6ft donkey? On what information do you base your statement? Why exactly did the deal with Burnley fall through? Please tell us as you seem to have prior knowledge of all this.

[/quote]

I saw, read and heard the same crap from posters last season defending Grants budget dealls last Summer, and look how that turned out.........this will be no different.

It just means we''re bigger mugs than Burnley who won''t break their bank for a make weight.

As always, zero ambition.........and sell Rusty and make a profit............again.

Know lots of gers supporters, have spoken to 4 this morning who all agree he is well worth a punt.Lets all welcome the "Gowser " and give him a crack.

How do you know that he wasn''t a target? He may already have been a target but when Rangers tried to use him as a way to reduce the actual amount of cash they paid out for Lafferty and Dow was decent enough to see what Burnley were prepared to offer.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

MM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw, read and heard the same crap from posters last season defending Grants budget dealls last Summer, and look how that turned out.........this will be no different.

It just means we''re bigger mugs than Burnley who won''t break their bank for a make weight.

As always, zero ambition.........and sell Rusty and make a profit............again.

[/quote]

I think you are struggling with the concept that he did not want to go to Burnley (he obviously preffered to look at a decent Championship side instead).

Hmmm.... Can people fill me in on games they''ve seen him play in please..? People have grabbed hold to the fact he''s 6 ft (that is''nt actually that tall) and have tagged him as a donkey... As i am 6 1 does that make me a donkey too?? (don''t answer that!) - you get my point? don''t write tosh if you don''t know anything...

A lot of you on hear are like moany mother in laws... it''s not fetching... IF he signs lets see how he does... I think it is a bit stupid to mouth off about him before you see him play... IF he is good you''ve going to look stupid... not that you don''t already by saying he''s a donkey before seeing him play a few times...

Good luck to him...

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

MM

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you are struggling with the concept that he did not want to go to Burnley (he obviously preffered to look at a decent Championship side instead).

[/quote]

No. Personal terms obviously weren''t right. That is either length of contract or ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

taken from sky text page 294;Canaries swoop for striker Gow.... his agent Phil McTaggart told the scottish sun; "we''re going south to Norwich to have a look at the club. Alan will have a look at what is on offer and speak with the management and then make a decision".is he a striker or midfielder then?!?!? and what a great name for his agent, very scottish

Mmmmmmm

What shall I post today?

signed another donkey? We''re broke? No ambition?

Hey why not get all three in one post, thats it! Sorted.