Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Stop complaining about 'free' and 'cheap' transfers...

Yes, but Darren Huckerby could hardly have been classed as cheap with a price tag of £750,000. Besides which, we knew within a little what we were getting with Darren as he had enjoyed considerable success with his previuos clubs.

But that''s all this club will sign. Cheap has-beens or loanee kiddie winks. [:|]

Not neccessarily my view but the one upholded here by some.

We should be on a par with the top teams in this league but in truth we deal in the transfer market like the Blackpools, and Doncasters.

[quote user="C.T"]Darren Huckerby was signed for the region of 750k and nobody has complained about him. If we sign Gow for 500k (or whatever it is) then we should give him a chance[/quote]

Err that was 5 years ago. You can''t get a Mars bar for that money now.

So sorry but NO

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="C.T"]Darren Huckerby was signed for the region of 750k and nobody has complained about him. If we sign Gow for 500k (or whatever it is) then we should give him a chance[/quote]

So sorry but NO

[/quote]

but i like Mars bars [:''(]

£500K for Gow is probably okay but the worry is we need at least six players plus loans. If they all cost around £500K that''s £3m plus agents markup etc plus wages plus loan fees plus loanees wages etc.etc.Suggests to me that £500K might be rather near the top end of our means, and most of the others will be cheap or free transfers.I trust Roeder in his assesment of players but feel he is being handicapped by the size of the budget.

I thought the figs quoted for Gow were 250k not 500k anyway what do we know??The same goes for the budget how do you know he is being ''handicapped'' by the amount he has to spend.He is hardly going to come out and say we have x amount to spend is he.....All i''m looking at is what Roeder has got rid off in terms of free transfers etc and what he is replacing it with and i''ll judge him once kick off comes against Coventry not on June 25th.Clingan seems to have the potential to be an ok championship player as does the alledged signings of Hoolihan and Gow so surely patience is key.I trust Roeder far more than i ever did Grant and to some extent Worthy when it comes to getting decent players in i''m sure there will be some loans too but i''m far more confident going into this season than i was last year.Roeder has dug his hole by clearing the decks of all the players who most to be honest would never get a regular place in the team so its up to him to get himself out of it and i''m sure he will.......

Yeah i read 250k stab in the dark these days but as i have said in the past gr does have an eye for a player and i to look forward to the coventry game where i think we will send out a strong compatent and most of all passionate team  that want to play for ncfc. now that will be new all by its self

[quote user="C.T"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

So sorry but NO

[/quote]

but i like Mars bars [:''(]

[/quote]

They''ll rot yer teef

[quote user="buddhaboy"]ballack was a free transfer...
not a bad player ey,so, lets not knock a freebie or cheapie.
gow is a good player. definitely.
[/quote]

You really want to start comparing our targets to Ballack?

[quote user="buddhaboy"]ballack was a free transfer...not a bad player ey,so, lets not knock a freebie or cheapie.gow is a good player. definitely.[/quote]

[/quote]im not comparing them to ballackim comparing situations.good players can be cheap or free. stop trying to twist things.

bugger me a ready made Doomcaster argument, he''ll nick that one."Free transfers are are always good value because Ballack was free""Our new free centre half is brilliant because Sol Cambell was a freebie once"

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="buddhaboy"]ballack was a free transfer...
not a bad player ey,so, lets not knock a freebie or cheapie.
gow is a good player. definitely.
[/quote]

[/quote]
im not comparing them to ballack
im comparing situations.
good players can be cheap or free. stop trying to twist things.
[/quote]

Then perhaps use a more believable example.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="buddhaboy"]ballack was a free transfer...not a bad player ey,so, lets not knock a freebie or cheapie.gow is a good player. definitely.[/quote]

[/quote]im not comparing them to ballackim comparing situations.good players can be cheap or free. stop trying to twist things.[/quote]

Then perhaps use a more believable example.

[/quote]PETER THORNE! loldoyle us a superb cheap playerand depending on what you class as cheap...id say someone like phillips or joe lewis being examples of brilliant cheap players.or ferrie bodde when he joined swanseaor jason scotland, who was free but in the end cost 25k.there are more but im boring myself.

So sorry but NO

[/quote]

We payed about 3 mils for Ashton only a year later!

I don''t care about price or age if they do the job.