Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

DAVID BENTLEY AND PETER CROUCH SIGN ON YEAR LOANS

Fair point Vince, but where do these reports eminate from anyone know?
Might go and check the Arsenal and Villa sites.

Nothing on either AV or Gooners site that I could see...other than Wenger says he wants to loan Bentley out.

Sunday Mirror reports we''ve agreed to sign Crouch for £1.5m.

PS Great to see Roberts sign off with a double today.

If this turns out to be true I shall find my champers tasting just a little bit sweeter at my promotion party! Fingers (and everything else) crossed! See you at City Hall tomorrow. I''ll be the one with everything crossed, of course, just in case you don''t know me!!!

It''s on the rolling scroll on Sky sports news about Bentley, its getting exciting and the seasons only just finished for us... Yip! Yip! Roll on Pre-season I can''t wait!

8 POINTS CLEAR AND WE ARE "WORTHY!" CHAMPION''S!!!!!!!!!

Worthy was interviewed on Radio Norfolk and it''s turned out that we''ve made enquires about Bentley, but Nige thinks that so have other clubs. As for Crouch, he said that although he''d love him to come back, no contact has been made!

There''s the truth.

Not my eyes, Yankee, or else I will be seeing two trophies up there tomorrow...but everything else, you can be sure!

If only had been checking all day DD. Unfortunately revising for finals (which means I will miss the parade due to an exam - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr). Hope we get them both though.

One word of caution though. We only get 2 loans do we want to use them both on strikers. This would rule out potential captures such as Pennant and Huth.

it wouldn''t really rule them out. i think you''re allowed 8 loans per season? if thats the case then we could get all 4 but pennant is going back to arsenal.

Two loans from premier sides is correct - but I do think we are being linked with players in the wrong positions - 1 more striker will be enough - (Crouch my preference although it was a shocking miss on Sat!) - we really need defenders and a midfielder or two. Where are these rumours???

Except we can''t sign Crouch on a year''s loan. He''s over 23 so is not eligible for season loans.

Craig