Sign in to follow this  
Rum Ol Boy

Board Meeting last friday?

I may have missed this bit of news, and it may have already been posted so excuse me but I heard at work today that there was a big board meeting at Carrow Road on friday evening? does anyone know anything about this? Also I''m not a rumour monger, in fact I hate all this crap but the person who told me this knows (I know I know!) someone who works within the club, they said it was more than their job was worth to say anything about the meeting but to expect a rather big announcement this week. Now personally I''m unsure but I just thought I''d mention it incase it does happen

There have been plenty of rumours around about money coming into the club so it could be true, I have been half expecting something to happen but as the summer has progressed and nothing has materialised my hopes have waned a little.

Although it could explain:

a) the board telling Roeder he could spend what he wanted

b) the wholesale clearance

c) the reason we have waited before splashing the cash (save Clingon)

d) the reason backroom staff have moved

e) the reason all has been quiet from Delia et al for some time

Or it could all be co-incidence!! Here is hoping.................................

If Delia and co were going the press would know by now. Jut some mundane thing no doubt.

Sold another board seat for a massive 1 million again?

thats not bad, £1 million for a seat, not even house of fraser at that bad. don''t think the board is leaving, but they could''ve been discussing new investment, and would they accept it coz heaven forbid we have a new hero on the board. Geoffrey Watling must be spinning in his grave

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Its just a rumour............and nothing more![/quote]

I think that point was clarified in the first and second posts

[quote user="YellowRages"]

[/quote]

So why are some posters replying like they believe it to be true Rages?..............I was only reminding them mate.

I have also heard a rumour from what i see to be a very reliable source that there is quite a bit of money floating around at the moment, what i dont know is whether thats an investment from the Turners.

One would hope the board have meetings on a regular basis anyway..

[quote user="HUDDY "]I have also heard a rumour from what i see to be a

very reliable source that there is quite a bit of money floating

around at the moment, what i dont know is whether thats an investment

from the Turners.[/quote]

Really? Where can we find this money? Is it a bit like the Crystal Dome bit from Crystal Maze, only with real money? Tell me!!

On a serious note, I would imagine the board have meetings on a regular

basis, don''t see why one Board Meeting would be subject to rumour?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="YellowRages"]

[/quote]

So why are some posters replying like they believe it to be true Rages?..............I was only reminding them mate.

[/quote]

I don''t think they are Wiz, It looks to me like people playing the scenario out in the event of it being true. That doesn''t mean they think it is true which is something else.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

Although it could explain:

a) the board telling Roeder he could spend what he wanted

b) the wholesale clearance

c) the reason we have waited before splashing the cash (save Clingon)

d) the reason backroom staff have moved

e) the reason all has been quiet from Delia et al for some time

Or it could all be co-incidence!! Here is hoping.................................

[/quote]

Very interestingly put Vicor. Dont see much merit behind a) though.......This was def a tounge in cheek remark. What I would say is its fairly remarkable how much rooting has taken place at the club since Roeder has arrived. I wouldnt have thought the board would have allowed him to do as much as he did bearing in mind that these players/staff would all have to be replaced at a cost. Its an interseting situation but Im not going to build up my hopes on this one.

heard this again at work on thursday, it turns out it was initially planned for the weekend but will be next week. I knew my source was serious but its hard to convey this in a rumour rife forum.........anyway, seems like he was correct about an exciting announcement and the fact that all the bigwigs were present looks a good indication.........I am pretty sure its nothing to do with the Turners though. If I hear anymore before tomorrow I''ll let you know[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I may have missed this bit of news, and it may have already been posted so excuse me but I heard at work today that there was a big board meeting at Carrow Road on friday evening? does anyone know anything about this? Also I''m not a rumour monger, in fact I hate all this crap but the person who told me this knows (I know I know!) someone who works within the club, they said it was more than their job was worth to say anything about the meeting but to expect a rather big announcement this week. Now personally I''m unsure but I just thought I''d mention it incase it does happen[/quote]