Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

There is definetely investment on its way!!!

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"] Is there anyone else who has canariesworld that can confirm this interviews content?[/quote]

I have Canaries Wold mate and the whole interview was vague, smiley smiley and no commentesque (is that a word?)...........some nice side steps though by her!

[quote user="McCanary"]

Apparently up to 80% of communication is non verbal - ie body language.

Do we have anyone able to interpret hers on here?

[/quote]

I can.........and she''s desperate to get it on with ..........the 1st wizard!.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="McCanary"]

Apparently up to 80% of communication is non verbal - ie body language.

Do we have anyone able to interpret hers on here?

[/quote]

I can.........and she''s desperate to get it on with ..........the 1st wizard!.[:D]

[/quote]

[<:o)][<:o)]

I bet she''s woken up this morning with a slight hangover and wondering why she is all over the local news and BBC website.All day drinking and TV cameras are not a good mixture for our Delia.  

I don''t understand why so many of you have interpreted a few throwaway remarks from Delia as this certainty that we shall now see plenty of new investment. I thought she looked distinctly uncomfortable (as I would be with 4 or 5 microphones thrust in my face, admittedly), and seemed as though she couldn''t wait to finish the interview, before she put her foot in it. My interpretation of Delia''s words: "We don''t have terribly much money to spend. We are looking around for cheap available players, and hopefully they will be somewhat better than the last bunch of freebies and bargain basement players that Worthy and Grant had to try to make do with. At this present time, there is no massive war chest set aside for playing staff. People who think that such a thing exists must be dreamers!"

I sincerely hope I''m complete wrong with my pessimistic appraisal of the present situation at Carrow Road, but I''ve always found that if you are over optimistic about anything in life, if things then turn out not as good as you had expected you have a massive disappointment. If you are as pessimistic as me, occasionally you have a lovely surprise. As Delia said: "Wait and see"

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

I don''t understand why so many of you have interpreted a few throwaway remarks from Delia as this certainty that we shall now see plenty of new investment. I thought she looked distinctly uncomfortable (as I would be with 4 or 5 microphones thrust in my face, admittedly), and seemed as though she couldn''t wait to finish the interview, before she put her foot in it. My interpretation of Delia''s words: "We don''t have terribly much money to spend. We are looking around for cheap available players, and hopefully they will be somewhat better than the last bunch of freebies and bargain basement players that Worthy and Grant had to try to make do with. At this present time, there is no massive war chest set aside for playing staff. People who think that such a thing exists must be dreamers!"

I sincerely hope I''m complete wrong with my pessimistic appraisal of the present situation at Carrow Road, but I''ve always found that if you are over optimistic about anything in life, if things then turn out not as good as you had expected you have a massive disappointment. If you are as pessimistic as me, occasionally you have a lovely surprise. As Delia said: "Wait and see"

[/quote]

Yeah thanks for that, I would rather stay deluded but optimistic for a little while, at least until we announce the next couple of signings.

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

[/quote]

Agree with everything you''ve said that. I''m quite mystified how so many people think that a few carefully considered words by Delia suddenly means we have investment. I''m sure she was quite surprised to be questioned by Goreham on the subject actually; it''s not often that our local media ask questions like that. She was probably trying hard to give the most ''diplomatic'' answers. She''s not likely to come out and go "we''ve not got anyone lined up to bankroll the club" because obviously that would have been as detrimental effect as saying we had.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]

Agree with everything you''ve said that. I''m quite mystified how so many people think that a few carefully considered words by Delia suddenly means we have investment. I''m sure she was quite surprised to be questioned by Goreham on the subject actually; it''s not often that our local media ask questions like that. She was probably trying hard to give the most ''diplomatic'' answers. She''s not likely to come out and go "we''ve not got anyone lined up to bankroll the club" because obviously that would have been as detrimental effect as saying we had.

[/quote]

That was my interpretation too. I''d love to be proved wrong though!!!

[quote user="Mark Smith"]

[/quote]

I totally agree that Delia chose her words very carefully - which is why I do seriously think there may be something in this. After all, while I see what you''re saying, Mark, surely the diplomatic answer would be to give the answer that''s normally given; ie that there is no queue of investors, but we have made as much money as possible available to the manager for squad improvement.

That is why this is such a newsworthy piece; because it is a departure from the normal policy employed by the club. In actual fact, if you asked, I bet discussion of investment is brought up relatively often but not reported because the usual line explained above is adopted.

In actual fact, recent news of us bidding for Shola Ameobi may well back this up.

I''m not saying there definitely is investment etc etc - I''m saying that what''s been said and how it has been said is reason to suspect that there could be, and this shouldn''t be dismissed as you have above.

I guess we''ll have to wait and see, as Delia suggests, to find out.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Mark Smith"]

[/quote]

I totally agree that Delia chose her words very carefully - which is why I do seriously think there may be something in this. After all, while I see what you''re saying, Mark, surely the diplomatic answer would be to give the answer that''s normally given; ie that there is no queue of investors, but we have made as much money as possible available to the manager for squad improvement.

That is why this is such a newsworthy piece; because it is a departure from the normal policy employed by the club. In actual fact, if you asked, I bet discussion of investment is brought up relatively often but not reported because the usual line explained above is adopted.

In actual fact, recent news of us bidding for Shola Ameobi may well back this up.

I''m not saying there definitely is investment etc etc - I''m saying that what''s been said and how it has been said is reason to suspect that there could be, and this shouldn''t be dismissed as you have above.

[/quote]I''m with you on this marshmallow man, I''ve never known her to speak like this before and  I don''t think she''d have spoken like she did if there wasn''t something going on. We''d have got the" we have to be careful with the pennies statement "I definitely don''t think she had been on the bottle as some suggest so I''d be very surprised if there wasn''t something in what she said, it goes against everything she has said in the past.

having seen her comments in the EDP today, theres no evidence for me that extra investment has piled into the clubs coffers...all she says is that roedy is satisfied with his budget.  if that means he can bring in the targets he''s identified, than great.  i''m looking forward to see how they line up.  if, however, he can''t bring his targets here, or has to settle for second best, knowing that his budget won''t stretch - then indeed we''ll be in serious trouble.  dismantling the squad to bare bones is a huge gamble, cos if the new players don''t gel or perform as expected then we could be down the wrong end of the table again.  eg if clingon can''t come in and do rusty''s job as good or better - then it won''t bode well.  esp if this is repeated all over the park.  can hooly replace hucks for instance???still feel we need a couple of bigger, experienced  names to steady this ship of newbies?<>

Well, instead of speculating. I''m gonna think what would happen if we were invested in QPR style.We''d go out and sign £5m worth of strikers and £3m of defenders. As soon as possible, our stadium would be 36000 capacity, and i''m sure if we got to the prem that would be filled even if tickets cost more. Our facilities are already good, but maybe a few more of the countrys promising young talents would want to come to our academy. I definately think with investment we could be a long-standing premiership team. It''s a bit of a gamble though, as we could do a leicester.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Mark Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see what you''re saying, and whilst of course I''d like to believe that something''s happening behind the scenes, I don''t perceive this as such a ''landmark'' moment as others had. Yes, Delia herself may not have spoken about investment in this way before, but the club policy (regularly trotted out by Neil Doncaster) is not to discuss how much money we have. This is not news. She only really seems to be repeating what he has been saying for years now. As for the throw away "Oh there''s lots of lovely new investment" line, I''d consider it just that: a throw away remark. She seemed to be in quite a ''jovial'' mood, so I''d find it hard to read anything into what she says, other than deflecting questions in a jokey way.

Anyway, as you say, I guess we''ll have to wait and see.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Dont worry how much money is invested ND will come out and say "The money has already been accounted for".[/quote]

I will admit I am bullish and I am so glad that I told those great posters two months ago what was to take place and it has all dropped into place , I know that people set out with good resolve and try their hardest to make it come right but the information I passed on to Yankee, Nutty , etc, was nailed on .[Y] arrdee.

I can back Ardee up on this, I am one of the Chosen Ones, as it were... I trust his word completely and his "source" is genuine, as anyone else who''d read these boards for over a year will be able to spot in previous posts if you look hard enough... [:)]I''ve just watched Delia''s video, and although the sound quality is terrible, its the picture that tells the story.  Delia is looking simultaneously relaxed and excited, barely even making an attempt to hide it.  Her playful words and manner could be signs of something on the horizon?  "Wait and see," she says.  I''m waiting...

well, as I said in the board meeeting thread I posted (and got shot down), a board meeting took place friday night and ALL bigwigs were present..........I expect a big announcement and my prediction is tomorrow or saturday

what makes you think that? cos i have a laugh. lighten up. seriously, we are reading a thread taht claims investment is on the was based purely on the body language and tone of delia in an interview.

Yeah i must be a binner, ha ha

[quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

what makes you think that? cos i have a laugh. lighten up. seriously, we are reading a thread taht claims investment is on the was based purely on the body language and tone of delia in an interview.

[/quote]

No newbie its because I trust arrdee, this is my second user I.D my first goes back to 2003 and arrdee is someone to trust. 

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

[/quote]

No newbie its because I trust arrdee, this is my second user I.D my first goes back to 2003 and arrdee is someone to trust. 

[/quote]

Me too Salahuddin [Y]

I am not trying to tease you lovely old City fans or trying to be clever , nothing would give me greater pleasure than to announce on the message board the information I have but I know I cant do that .

I have got round this by e-mail , asking posters that I don''t know personally to give me their word not to divulge the source , as in Evil''s case he gave me his word and therefore I sent him the very same e-mail that I had sent to Nutty, Yankee, etc, in its entirety , dated the 26th April. I did not delete anything including the boring personal stuff , besides knowing my skills on the computer I would have probably lost the lot .

I did try to do this again yesterday with two other posters ,I offered the same thing to Nuff Said who had expressed his concerns and interest , also to Cam but I had no reply from either , perhaps they feel unable to undertake the condition I am asking which is fair enough , or maybe they are uninterested which again is fair enough or perhaps they did not receive my e-mail .Its too late now anyway as I am off on holiday shortly, like today.

The information contained in the original e-mail tells of the future of our great club if the plans that are in place come to pass , which seem to be taking place at the moment and will continue to be so in the future . Now I am sure that you always know that arrdee tells the truth , I don''t make things up, for reasons I don''t wish to discuss but I will tell you that our great Club is in safe hands believe me. arrdee . 

[quote user="arrdee"]

I am not trying to tease you lovely old City fans or trying to be clever , nothing would give me greater pleasure than to announce on the message board the information I have but I know I cant do that .

I have got round this by e-mail , asking posters that I don''t know personally to give me their word not to divulge the source , as in Evil''s case he gave me his word and therefore I sent him the very same e-mail that I had sent to Nutty, Yankee, etc, in its entirety , dated the 26th April. I did not delete anything including the boring personal stuff , besides knowing my skills on the computer I would have probably lost the lot .

I did try to do this again yesterday with two other posters ,I offered the same thing to Nuff Said who had expressed his concerns and interest , also to Cam but I had no reply from either , perhaps they feel unable to undertake the condition I am asking which is fair enough , or maybe they are uninterested which again is fair enough or perhaps they did not receive my e-mail .Its too late now anyway as I am off on holiday shortly, like today.

The information contained in the original e-mail tells of the future of our great club if the plans that are in place come to pass , which seem to be taking place at the moment and will continue to be so in the future . Now I am sure that you always know that arrdee tells the truth , I don''t make things up, for reasons I don''t wish to discuss but I will tell you that our great Club is in safe hands believe me. arrdee . 

[/quote]

i wonder if they are Peter Cullums safe hands?

jas :)