Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Frys Evil Twin

So, who's next?

From what I know we have a fairly extensive system of scouting and regional scouts are given assignments and report back to more senior scouts who reported into Gunny (or Dixie as it will be now). It''s a big jump from Dartford to the Championship and not many players at that level get picked up, but he must be good if 4 Championship clubs are interested.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]

A Dartford FC fan that i know, reckons scouts from Norwich, Charlton. Q.P.R. and Crystal Palace have been watching Dartfords Striker, Cody McDonald, in the Ryeman Premier league. He scored a couple yesterday.

I suppose we''ve got scouts of varying status, watching loads of games all the time. 

[/quote]

All Kent Non-League Football...Norwich eye Dartford hit-man McDonald

Dartford striker Cody McDonald has been training with Norwich

Dartford striker Cody McDonald has been training with Norwich

by Tony Hudd

Dartford top-scorer Cody McDonald trained with Norwich City in what could lead to a dream move to the Coca-Cola Championship.

The 22-year-old striker joined in with the club''s first team squad on Sunday and Monday with a view to a move to Carrow Road.

Darts manager Tony Burman accompanied McDonald to Norwich on Sunday but stressed that no deal had been struck.

"Before Bryan Gunn was appointed manager, I was talking to him in his capacity as head of recruitment," said Burman.

"So talks have been ongoing for some time. Throughout, Norwich have handled themselves professionally.

"There has been no out-and-out offer so we can only wait and see what develops."

Norwich are one of a number of League clubs who have expressed interest in McDonald who joined Darts from Maldon Town in October last year.

Looks like my Dartford mate was right then.

Cody McDonald still occasionally turns out in our local Sunday League - and obviously scores goals for fun. Fortunately his team Valley Swifts are slightly higher up the Braintree & North Essex Sunday Leagues so haven''t had to play against him this season! He''s not a bad cricketer either.

This time last year he was at Witham Town, he moved to Maldon in the summer and then on to Dartford in the October. He''s a quality player at that level but whether he is good enough to step up (and whether he''ll be able to stop himself playing Sunday league stuff) is another question.

http://www.braintreeandwithamtimes.co.uk/sport/3685065.Awesome_Arms_see_off_Casuals/