Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

when has supporting Norwich taken over your life

besides the apparent need to throw money at the club almost religiously, what other aspects of your life have been taken over by your unwavering support of the canaries.for me its calling my rabbit Crofty (after the superb lee croft), or trying to organise my wedding around the start of the season, failing abysmyly (spelling mistake?) and during my speech getting my best man to relay the scores to me. we lost 1 nil to Leeds!!!

Constantly looking on here for any snippets of news when I should be doing much more important things.

[quote user="alykanas"]Constantly looking on here for any snippets of news when I should be doing much more important things.[/quote]

agreed. like revising for my exams.. so basically Norwich has made me fail my GCSE''s, along with Football manager.

[quote user="National Express super guard"]this helps me waste time before work.
[/quote]

Much more importantly this helps me waste time at work - thank goodness for a desk that has my back against a wall and a clear line of sight to where the boss man lurks [6]

[quote user="National Express super guard"]this helps me waste time before work. anyone on 1830 to london tonight say hi!!!!!
[/quote]

Crikey i was on 2.30 out of liverpool street yesterday till it got cancelled n was sent to diss via cambridge! oh well at least i still got the pinkun on my mobile hey!

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

[quote user="alykanas"]Constantly looking on here for any snippets of news when I should be doing much more important things.[/quote]

agreed. like revising for my exams.. so basically Norwich has made me fail my GCSE''s, along with Football manager.

[/quote]

agreed ipswichrscum there is always a distraction when revision has to be done!

Losing 2 girlfriends due to time spent travelling over to games every weekend. Naming my 2 pups Dion and Hucks. More or less base everything around football season and cricket which means nothing gets in the way.

When I was at first school I always coloured everything in green & yellow even when told not to, so it started there! Now, well, I''m constantly looking through various forums & websites & I mean constantly! Weekends have to be planned around NCFC, my girlfriend works eveneings but can''t do Tuesdays just in case we''re playing (she can then stay at home with our 16 month son). I too have never gone for a job that involves working Saturdays, my cat was called Greeno, I''ve got a fish called Hucks, my son has lots of NCFC clothing & an NCFC membership & I constantly feel the need to argue with plastic fans on why you should support Norwich & not be a telly fan! There''s lots more I''m sure!  

My fish are called Roeder and Darren (after my 2 favourite players to wear the shirt).

I can''t go on with my day without checking this site and evry other site that may tell me whats happening with the club and who we''ve bought....................................or not!!!

CambsCanary

spending thousands of pounds a season going to every game.missing my mums first wedding cos we were playing blackburn lolmy grandmother is fan of the year :) missing a chance at county rugby to watch footy.and losing a girlfriend or 2 through it as well.bloody football.

i refuse to take any job that involves working at weekends....

when i was a student i had a cleaning job in the evenings and had to beg for midweek evenings matches off, or to leave early...

all my bits of paper at work are held by yellow and green paper clips...

theres loads more i cant be bothered to post now.

jas :)

Make sure im never workin when we are on - work every sunday instead! Also stayed in Norwich to go to UEA so I could keep my season ticket. :-S

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Making sure that I always have the yellow or green coloured token in board games such as Triv....
[/quote]

I thought that was just me!

I have them coloured caps on the house yale-style keys aswell to tell them apart, Yellow for front and Green for back!

well i got married at11 in the morning then had a carvery at delias then me and my new wife watched us beat Burnley.then had the night in the hotel at the ground.Agreat wedding day.Plus ive got a norwich flag proudly flying away scaring millions of pounds worth of horses everyday.

When Mr Grant said at the begining of last season we would challenge for the playoffs i was so convienced i went down the bookies and put a fiver on us for promotion..... but my wife found out that i had broken my promise never again to gamble. she left that night, which was bad but more painfully took my dog sam....i loved that dog. Anyway without her income i couldnt afford the mortgage and eventually got repossessed, they took everything including my car without which my job became untenable... Living on the streets was tough and as you might have guessed, i fell in with the wrong crowd, steeling liqour from the local spar shop earnt me a short stay at her magistys leisure. luckly i am really ugly so didnt have to worry about being someones bitch.  been out now for a couple of weeks and found a quiet corner of Wymondhams Liberey where nobody checks at closing time and i can get access to the net when they have all gone to catch up with all things NCFC............... i think i heard someone outside........must go.

p.s. i''ve put my last £2.37p on norwich to finish champions this year and i just know i gonna win.

I know a Canary fan who was with his father when he was taken ill, rushed to hospital, then decided to travel to the other side of the Country to watch Norwich play all in the same day!

Another person I know attened a game a Carrow Road under 48 after undergoing a hernia op!