Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

QPR to Hijack Hoolahan bid??

QPR lining up bid for Hoolahan

13 June 2008

Norwich''s potential Blackpool recruit Wes Hoolahan is reportedly a £375,000 target for Championship rivals QPR.

Big spending Rangers'' boss Iain Dowie has already launched an undisclosed bid for Seasiders'' team mate Kaspars Gorkss. Dowie is now ready to also trigger a similar release clause in Republic of Ireland international Hoolahan''s current Bloomfield Road contract.

Charlton chief Alan Pardew is a confirmed admirer of the 26-year-old but any Championship bidding war could end up mired in red tape with Hoolahan''s move to Blackpool from previous club Livingston still the subject of a legal wrangle involving Fifa.

In June 2007, Hoolahan signed a two-year contract with Blackpool but Livingston refused to sign the documentation sanctioning the move, stating that Blackpool had repeatedly breached the terms of an initial loan agreement between the clubs.

Blackpool denied they had defaulted on payments relating to Hoolahan''s loan move and referred the matter to the Football Association. With Livingston being backed by the Scottish Football Association the matter was passed to Fifa for a decision to be made on the player''s future.

In August last year Fifa ruled in Blackpool''s favour, thus confirming Hoolahan as a Blackpool player. Fifa are still to decide the fee to be paid, or if Livingston are entitled to any compensation and while this is still on-going Blackpool cannot sell Hoolahan.

Maurice Smith, a member of the Livingston board at the time Hoolahan made his Blackpool switch, is adamant until Fifa make a final decision the Dublin-born player must stay at Bloomfield Road.

He explained: “The final decision on whether any compensation should be paid by Blackpool to Livingston over and above the sum that they have already paid is still with Fifa. My understanding is that until Fifa come to a conclusion Blackpool can''t sell Hoolahan unless they settle something with Livingston, so it''s not as clear cut as a typical transfer.”

The West Lothian side are understood to want a fee in the region of £250,000, while Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has stated he would not be willing to pay a penny more than the £75,000 the club already handed to Livingston.

A Blackpool club official said: “It''s something we are not going to comment on. As far as we are concerned he is still a Blackpool player. It''s still on-going with Fifa and we have no further comment to make on it.”

Email A Friend

Copyright © 2008 Archant Regional. All rights reserved.

Terms and conditions

I can''t see why QPR would pay £375,000 when he apparently has a £250,000 release clause. Once that''s triggered the club have to let him go don''t they?

I would imagine that is rubbish. Things seem to point to the deal being done already and the club waiting to get a few more names on board to make some sort of impact. On this occasion I think we''ve got our man so to speak.

Why are people bidding on a player who cannot be sold? And no1 knows when he will be able to be sold!

He will be allowed to move soon, but if you had a choice between us and favourites to get promoted QPR where would you go??? Just like with Kasper Gorkss they can pay him more in wages! Just face it, we have lost out yet again!!!!!!!

Thats the problem with money, they can just do want they what and if he should cost 250k, then they can offer double, triple or what ever they want. We can not compete with them, mind you know one can. Lets just hope we have him in the bag, he''s smaller enough to fit in a bag, so lets kidnap him.

[quote user="we8wba"]i hope my wolves sign him he very good player i seen him at molineux[/quote]

Is English your 1st language We8?

I think QPR will be the team to beat this season.....I really hope the rest of the Championship teams all raise their games against them. I''d piddle myself if QPR struggle, and don''t make the play-offs.

If Hoolahan is tempted there, there''s nothing we can really do about it.....Money talks.

[quote user="we8wba"]i hope my wolves sign him he very good player i seen him at molineux[/quote]

Your not we8, he has many more posts than this. My money is on you being bunsen.

[quote user="IncH-HigH"]

Your not we8, he has many more posts than this. My money is on you being bunsen.

[/quote]

mmmm tricky...same avatar as the original we8, but alot less posts....unless the mods have deleted some of his rubbish that he''s posted in the past!

Why is thee panic over this player...knowing fifa it could be 6-12 months b4 this is sorted!

me love you long time 10 dowwer

why do i think of that film when We8 posts?

jas :)

[quote user="IncH-HigH"]

[/quote]Look at the join date aswell ...

This latest news is worrying, and I really hope its just tabloid talk, I was just getting used to the idea that Hoolahan coming could be delayed, and now he might not come at all!

[quote user="IncH-HigH"]

[/quote]

yeah....... lets test him, we know he works in the NHS....errrr.......mmmmmmm...... oh, I have a irritating rash around my...groin area and ive tried my girlfriends trush cream but it didnt work (and tasted awful). can you tell me how to get rid of it?

Where have archant got this latest "scoop" from. The fact they are saying QPR are going to bid £375K when his release clause is £250K immediately makes this look very dubious in my eyes. If its not based on anything concrete then running a story like this at this time just smacks of scaremongering at a time when they know the fans are anxious about signings.

The various rumours doing the rounds all suggest he has signed a contract with us. If that is the case QPR cannot "hi-jack" the deal. If however the rumours are nonsense then they could!

I know what you mean Salahuddin, as much as i keep telling myself not to believe rumors and wait for offical announcment, its so damn hard and considered it a ''done deal'' will be gutted now if it all turns to cr*p. i actually wish i was more like some of the more pessimistic posters, that way when good things happen i can be plesently surprised rather that disappointed when they dont. the silence from his agent is deafing and has been for some time, im still hoping that means no reason to ''push'' his client because a move had been sorted a while ago, a point you raised also.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Where have archant got this latest "scoop" from. The fact they are saying QPR are going to bid £375K when his release clause is £250K immediately makes this look very dubious in my eyes. If its not based on anything concrete then running a story like this at this time just smacks of scaremongering at a time when they know the fans are anxious about signings.

The various rumours doing the rounds all suggest he has signed a contract with us. If that is the case QPR cannot "hi-jack" the deal. If however the rumours are nonsense then they could!

[/quote]

Have they put 2 and 2 together and got 375? Dunno, but I hope not, I can imagine that all bar maybe 2 teams would want him and that it would hot up, so if a team wants them, they will pay the money and after all I reckon its a minimum bid.

No team will pay more than £250K because Blackpool have to accept it. They cannot accept £375K from QPR and reject £250K from us because that is the release figure. Just as we had no say when Derby matched the release clause figure for Earnshaw.

They can''t stop us talking to Wes but why can''t they accept a higher bid? Just means Wes gets to talk to us before accepting considerably more dosh to move to Loftus Road.

Yes obviously they can accept a higher bid but why on earth would QPR pay an extra £125K unecessarily when all they have to do is match our bid and they can talk to him anyway?

Whats happened to the original we8wba who joined on 16/6/07 and had 2637 posts?

All these duplicate names are confusing me [:D]

Ok, I was the fake we8wba. It just goes to show how easy it is to impersonate him by typing in lowercase, mentioning ''my wolves'' in every post and leaving out a few words.

[quote user="IncH-HigH"]

[/quote]

or not as the case may be.........

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

The clue in this, dear chap, is the newspapers use of the word "reportedly" - this is journalistic shorthand for:  we don''t know for ourselves and can''t stand it up for ourselves but we are desperate for a page lead and so we will go with it anyway..........

Fair enough.  If it turns out to be so you can claim it as an exclusive (as first revealed by the...........) and if it doesn''t you can either:

A) Completely ignore the fact you ever wrote it or

B) If Challenged say: "Well, that was the information we had at the time."

"Reportedly" is ALWAYS the give away: "We have no idea, we can''t stand it up ourselves,  but we are going to write it anyway cos it''s a good local story for us and it MIGHT be right."

Welcome to journalism.

PS: The technical term in the trade is a "flyer".