Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

roughly 5 weeks to go and nothing.

As we all know there is roughly 5 weeks until City line up against swedish opposition and we have nothing we can call a team yet. Personaly im sick to the back teeth of hearing that theres signing coming this week, and F All is seen,  too many speculation, and far too much spoken on how much money Roeder possibly has to spend.  now the speculation that Ameobi will be all the eggs in one basket and break the bank.  So that means £2mil is all the cash inc wages for him. But isnt that less than a league 2 side??????This is bloody disgracefull for a club of Cits size and the support we put into it. 20000 plus season tickets once again and we will continue to fill those seats and for what????  Cos so far we have seen nothing, absolutely squat, and been fed the same bullcrap we always get. I dont know about anyone else but when i watch Sky Sports, i see good signings for other clubs and think,  they could have been here. Wheres this half mill buy out for Hoolihan and Gorkks??????  probably rubbish too. Oh yeh,  if we line up against Spurs with the players we have now.  expect a butt kickin like no other.

I don''t think you are making a lot of sense. Good signings take time. No point in rushing about like a headless chicken and making signings for signings sake. Been there before and it got the club no where.

We will continue to fill the seats at Carrow because we enjoy match day...the excitment....better than the theatre, the movies, the pub, almost anything. If you don''t think so then better get off the bus!

Cheers

I, however, think you are making a great deal of sense. A transfer kitty of 2 million will see us relegated, and if GR''s transfer targets dissapear to other clubs, expect GR to follow ala Martin O''neil.

Hmmmmmmm, not really very "optimistic" are you?  Have you thought of changing your name?  Give it time my friend, it''s still early.

The people that say ... oooh don''t bother it''s still early ... stay calm ... lets hope they are right .. we had a bad team last season ... now ... minus our two best players Dublin and Hucks ... makes us favourites to go down ....

Unless there are A LOT OF GOOD signings coming up ... but I think we had the same attitude v Peter Grant ... give him time ... let him built his own team ... but he was still short of players at the start of the season ... which is no good ...and it''s even worse now ...

Even a new contract for Doherty ... is in sssllllooowwww .... mmmmoootttiiooonnnn ....help ...

Maybe miracles do happen .... but at the moment it''s understandable that City supporters feel very unsure ... when they only hear about players and staff leaving ...

Today the draw for the League Cup ... another Bury ?

[quote user="Scooby"]Hmmmmmmm, not really very "optimistic" are you?  Have you thought of changing your name?  Give it time my friend, it''s still early.[/quote]

Totally agree. Of course it''s concerning but five weeks is an awful long time. Be patient - it''ll come!

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]As we all know there is roughly 5 weeks until City line up against swedish opposition and we have nothing we can call a team yet. Personaly im sick to the back teeth of hearing that theres signing coming this week, and F All is seen,  too many speculation, and far too much spoken on how much money Roeder possibly has to spend.  now the speculation that Ameobi will be all the eggs in one basket and break the bank. 

So that means £2mil is all the cash inc wages for him. But isnt that less than a league 2 side??????

This is bloody disgracefull for a club of Cits size and the support we put into it. 20000 plus season tickets once again and we will continue to fill those seats and for what????  Cos so far we have seen nothing, absolutely squat, and been fed the same bullcrap we always get.

I dont know about anyone else but when i watch Sky Sports, i see good signings for other clubs and think,  they could have been here. Wheres this half mill buy out for Hoolihan and Gorkks??????  probably rubbish too.

Oh yeh,  if we line up against Spurs with the players we have now.  expect a butt kickin like no other.

[/quote]

No offence, but were you perhaps a little "tired and confused" when you posted this at 2AM? [B]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]I, however, think you are making a great deal of sense. A transfer kitty of 2 million will see us relegated, and if GR''s transfer targets dissapear to other clubs, expect GR to follow ala Martin O''neil.[/quote]

Oh god another mention of an O''Neill moment!!!!  Give it a rest people

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]I, however, think you are making a great deal of sense. A transfer kitty of 2 million will see us relegated, and if GR''s transfer targets dissapear to other clubs, expect GR to follow ala Martin O''neil.[/quote]

I mostly echo your thoughts BB however, O''Niel had guts and sheer talent to land other jobs.............sadly, Roeder has none of his abilities.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I mostly echo your thoughts BB however, O''Niel had guts and sheer talent to land other jobs.............sadly, Roeder has none of his abilities.

[/quote]Bet Alan Sugar would employ Roeder.  Roeder has showed an extraordinary talent for sacking people.

Its still a little early but I too share your concerns!

After Dublins retirement, the ludicrous release of the still good enough Hucks, the rightful release of a lot of deadwood and the loanees returning we have a very threadbare squad with maybe even more leaving!

We need 7-8 good players signed. If the board tries to scrimp on transfers we''ll be one of the favourites to go down as currently we''re weaker than last season when we only avoided relegation in the penultimate game.

I know every period is important but it seems we are now at a crossroads stage where the signings this summer whether good or bad will make or break us. We''re a big club but big clubs if they aren''t good enough go down as we''ve seen with Shef Wed, Man City, Forest, Leeds and recently Leicester. The board also needs to know that the huge fan base they enjoy needs to be rewarded for their unbelievable loyalty and that much more failiure and the crowds will not keep on getting oveer the 24,000 mark!

And we all know some people on this board would want him to go, so that would solve that problem.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Sorry to have to disagree Wizz, I have a great deal of faith in GR, he is the man to potentially lead us back to the promised land, there''s just the small matter of a bit of support and cash from the Board required to enable him to do it.

Mark Robins wasnt exactly snapped up at the earliest opportunity in the summer that he signed for us, and he turned out not too bad.....