Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Current Situation

Firstly I would like to start by saying I put my money where my mouth was yesterday and stumped up an extra £100 (through NCST) I have no interest in recieving another piece of paper to confirm my loyalty to the club.

But the fact is the reason we have found ourselves in this situation is simply this. No only do we not have a large squad (two more strikers have dissapeared in recent months) but in all reality we have not had a team able to compete in this division all season, but for Mark Rivers early season form this would have been apparent way before the toothless display at Forest.

We all knew we had to sign a new striker in the summer and we were linked with all and sundry, but they all went elsewhere for whatever reasons. So if Couch and Huckerby depart we may still find ourselves at the wrong end of this division come May.

The truth is they have fitted into the team superbly and any other strikers we may try to tempt here still have every chance of falling into the "Mike Sheron" scenario.

I hope that Jarvis will prove himself before the end of the season and Henderson Is getting far to much stick considering his age scoring record and comittment (Come on get off his back !) But these are the future. To have any chance of keeping up our current form we have to try and keep this team together, otherwise we are starting from scratch.

Maybe it was a good Idea getting these players in maybe not, maybe it has given us expectation that we should be able to see the sort of football at Carrow road that I was brought up on rather than what we have been served up for the most part over the last years.

I hope that I am pleasantly surprised but I must admit none of the names being mentioned at the moment excite me but with the Ipswich game just around the corner I am preparing myself for a miserable christmas.

Yes I followed suit and sent my money off to the club and the good news is that whatever money we raise Nigel will have it available to spend on players.

I for one continue to support the board and management and believe they are doing everything they can to make it work. I know that we have made some bad judgements on signings, but what manager is not guilty of that. What other manager got Francis here permanently, and Crouch, Huckerby and Harper on loan.

We do not appear to have the wealthy benefactors who can continually spend money out of their own pockets, but where has that got Wigan, Millwall, Reading etc. They are all below us in the league.

What these other clubs don''t have is a succesful academy set up which is producing our players for the future. At the moment those players are regularly taking the scalp of premiership academy sides. I cannot wait to see more players like Jarvis, Henderson, Shackell, and Sinclair following suit into the first team.

I work alongside supporters from Forest, Ipswich, Derby, Sunderland and they are all envious of what Norwich are doing at the moment. Listening to their comments convinces me that we are doing things right and it also makes me feel good to be a Norwich supporter.

I am happy to support the team through the good and the bad times because that is what real supporters do for their club. I have faith in the board and management and hope we make it to the Premiership this season. If we don''t then I will be back again next season and the season after if that is what it takes.

horray at last someone who belives in worthy and the board well done and full credit to you we should all be like this .also i would like to say a big well done to the suppoters who went to millwall everyone got behind the boys.