Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

this club in a new light!!!!

was chatting with a friend of mine last night who is best mates with terry postle, our ex kit man. have to say i was shocked at what he told me about the way terry was told he was sacked and also about roeder.

terry went in on the friday did his usual job and was then called to Doncasters office where he was just handed a cheque and told he was no longer required with no further explaination!!! THAT IS TRULY AWFUL, BUT SUMS UP WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THIS SO CALLED FAMILY CLUB.

to dismiss someone like that after twelve years loyal service sucks. it would appear from what i was told it was the same way James Holman was dismissed!!!

it would appear from what i got told that Roeder is a very difficult person to work for and if you upset him thats the end as far as hes concened. maybe that is why so many people have been unceremoniously dumped since roeder took over.

So this is a second-hand story told by someone who is aggrieved at being sacked? What else would you expect?

Don''t care how many people dislike him off the pitch, as long as he can get a good team together, let him do his job,

He is the manager at the end of the day, he wants to manage the whole set up, not just the team, let him bring his own people in.

He didnt owe Terry Postle or who ever else anything, welcome to the harsh world of business.

Who cares if the "family club" dies, long live the meaner stronger nastier Norwich.

I guess new Managers come in and they want their own team and own people around them-their choices, their selection, their appointments.

We all take for granted the fact that Roeder wants new players and a team to call his own-the team he will be judged on-that presumably also applies to the team in the backroom, as well as on the pitch. At least he is doing things his way, if all goes well-he''ll be more than entitled to the praise he gets, but, if it all goes wrong-and by wrong, I mean relegation next season, not failing to get promoted-then he will have to carry much of the responsibility and I guess he will.

Its funny how some of us-and I have been amongst them-would happily see Delia & Michael gone if it meant more pro-active (and lets face it, wealthier!) owner/backers at the club, and without a second thought-and that it wouldn''t be thought of as "truly awful", yet if the same thing happens to the kitman, then it is!

Perhaps he is difficult to work for as he has high standards and expects them of everyone around him. That could be exactly what the club needs-a bit of a bastard, and, after all, Scolari has based his managerial style on being a bit of a bastard-with Lee Clark playing the good cop to his bad cop. Who knows? Worthy''s "favourite Uncle" type image with all of the players worked well at times, but, then again, when he tried to be the hardman, no-one took him seriously, as he so obviously wasn''t that kind of Manager. Roeder looks like he''s come in with the "my way or the highway" approach and although its a high risk strategy, it might just work-and that is what he is banking on.

At least everyone knows where they stand with him, and, if the players don''t like him, lets hope they at least respect him.

Lots of us have been there as Managers ourselves I''m sure-I worked in middle management for CWC and was a right shit, they all hated me, and I hated them-but we got results and our bonuses. But it doesn''t always work. Hopefully, with Glenn, and his massive broom, it will. If it doesn''t-then I am sure the new man will once again introduce the softly softly approach!

Let''s hope the club remains this tough if we come to the point where we need a new manager!

If we succeed under Roeder and we go up, and stay up, then I don''t think that when looking back, anyone will care...

Tough manager. Takes no prisoners. An end to Costa del Colney. New backroom team. Blah blah blah. Heard it all before.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

was chatting with a friend of mine last night who is best mates with terry postle, our ex kit man. have to say i was shocked at what he told me about the way terry was told he was sacked and also about roeder.

terry went in on the friday did his usual job and was then called to Doncasters office where he was just handed a cheque and told he was no longer required with no further explaination!!! THAT IS TRULY AWFUL, BUT SUMS UP WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THIS SO CALLED FAMILY CLUB.

to dismiss someone like that after twelve years loyal service sucks. it would appear from what i was told it was the same way James Holman was dismissed!!!

it would appear from what i got told that Roeder is a very difficult person to work for and if you upset him thats the end as far as hes concened. maybe that is why so many people have been unceremoniously dumped since roeder took over.

[/quote]

Can I ask what the point of this thread is please?  It looks to me yet again like another dig at Roeder and someone trying whip up a hate campaign against our manager, and I may be wrong, but that''s how it reads to me.

The bloke got sacked, for good reasons by the sound of it, welcome to the world of employment[;)]

If the claims that some people make about him wanting to have his say on team issues are right im glad he is gone!

I''m delighted with this new toughness we see at the club.

But don''t give Roeder all the credit - the clearout was started by Peter Grant. Whatever you say about the man, he got the ball rolling. Livermore, Fleming, Webb - 3 club members who had long outstayed their welcome, and I''m glad the clearout has continued. We just need replacements!

I feel Roeder took on the Norwich job because he geunuinely felt here was a Premiership set-up that was languishing in completely the wrong place.Being the professional man he is he quickly sorted out the team he had at his disposal and set about digging out a stay in the Championship as the first step of his reign.He also seems a man who is very quick at weighing up people''s attitude and came to the conclusion that throughout the club, from top to bottom, the internal view was of this ''little ol'' Norwich''.That attitude is no good for him, obviously. He then set about surrounding himself with men whom he knew were very ambitious, ie, Lee Clark; men who would never be happy with their team being a second-rate outfit, especially with the solid, vociferous and loyal fan base Norwich enjoys.The job has only just begun; dead wood is being stripped out - from the team to the background - top to bottom (excluding the board, obviously and unfortunately!)Now he is on the first rungs of a complete revamp. He is on the look-out the men that are ambitious and determined to succeed; men who want to be with Norwich, either as part of the team on the field or the team in the background; men that are determined to grab a place in the Premiership.He is a man who plays his cards close to his chest, witness the clearing of outsiders when the City team get down to the serious training at Colney. He, also, will  never discuss the war chest at his disposal nor the players he is seeking out. Why let others know what he is really up to on the transfer market?Give him his due and give him time. I honestly feel that by the time the 2008-2009 season starts the feelings of despondency on much of this forum will have passed.Be prepared to be amazed!

I agree with the above post.  While I might not go so far as preparing myself to be amazed, I, for one, am willing to give GR the benfit of the doubt.  He isn''t all touchy-feely nicey nice, but he did keep us up last year.  For that accomplishment alone, I think he deserves a 1 year pass to do what he wants. Lets see if last year''s turnaround was a fluke, or just the first step in a return to the Premiership.  And before the board-bashing begins, poorer clubs than ours have made it up over the last several years, so no one can say, on June 14, that it is impossible.  

[quote user="Budgie"]I feel Roeder took on the Norwich job because he geunuinely felt here was a Premiership set-up that was languishing in completely the wrong place.

Being the professional man he is he quickly sorted out the team he had at his disposal and set about digging out a stay in the Championship as the first step of his reign.

He also seems a man who is very quick at weighing up people''s attitude and came to the conclusion that throughout the club, from top to bottom, the internal view was of this ''little ol'' Norwich''.

That attitude is no good for him, obviously. He then set about surrounding himself with men whom he knew were very ambitious, ie, Lee Clark; men who would never be happy with their team being a second-rate outfit, especially with the solid, vociferous and loyal fan base Norwich enjoys.

The job has only just begun; dead wood is being stripped out - from the team to the background - top to bottom (excluding the board, obviously and unfortunately!)

Now he is on the first rungs of a complete revamp. He is on the look-out the men that are ambitious and determined to succeed; men who want to be with Norwich, either as part of the team on the field or the team in the background; men that are determined to grab a place in the Premiership.

He is a man who plays his cards close to his chest, witness the clearing of outsiders when the City team get down to the serious training at Colney. He, also, will  never discuss the war chest at his disposal nor the players he is seeking out. Why let others know what he is really up to on the transfer market?

Give him his due and give him time. I honestly feel that by the time the 2008-2009 season starts the feelings of despondency on much of this forum will have passed.

Be prepared to be amazed!

[/quote]

Spot on.  It`s this nicey, nicey "little family club" Norwich mentality which has been behind four seasons of decline and watching smaller clubs jump above us IMO.  I want a successful club, not a "nice" club.  Roeder`s lancing the boil and more power to him.

......(excluding the board, obviously and unfortunately!).....

.....Yup, I am slightly encouraged by your excellent post, but, that little (bracketed) snippet - is our stumbling block, I feel......

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I''m delighted with this new toughness we see at the club.

But don''t give Roeder all the credit - the clearout was started by Peter Grant. Whatever you say about the man, he got the ball rolling. Livermore, Fleming, Webb - 3 club members who had long outstayed their welcome, and I''m glad the clearout has continued. We just need replacements!

[/quote]

Agreed Alex [Y] will we get any quality replacements though?