Sign in to follow this  
Temp the Revelator

On the pitch at Gresty Road

How fantastic was that after the final whistle and laps of honour? I was sat pretty much dead opposite Peter and his ''mini-Iwans'' in the main stand at Crewe, and made very little secret of the fact that I was a City fan, and was made extremely welcome by the Crewe fans. Mind you, I had another 4 City fans right behind me, another two just to the right and in front, and so on......

But the pitch invasion at the end was some celebration, especially when King Michael and Queen Delia came out for their crowning! Awesome!

The walk home for me back through Crewe was something else too, can''t remember being congratulated by so many people in my life before! Comments such as ''we played well, but you just outclassed us'' and ''thanks for the party atmosphere'' as well as all the usual good luck stuff! A great day, and despite being in the wrong end, I wouldn''t have missed it for the world! Got some good pics of the two Norwich stands though, that was the only advantage of being where I was!

Dirty Lyle: sorry I didn''t see you in th pub mate, hope you got to the game ok. Must meet up again next season (maybe the Coventry friendly?)

Sorry not to meet you too Temp. Did have a drink in the pub after the game in case you were there but was late getting to Crewe and had to hurry to get to the ground. We will have to meet up at the Coventry friendly.

Glad you got to see the game in the end - probably just missed bumping into you on the pitch! Like you, very impressed with the Crewe fans - nice bunch of people.