Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Gunn

Mark Hughes: No chance of Ched

Not sure if anyone else has brought this up yet, if so apologies.

Just another bit of pesermism to add to the mix but surely the appointment of a welsh manager at Man City was the worst thing that could happen to our chances of getting a season loan of Ched. Hughes will clearly be aware of Ched''s talent and potential and I suspect he will figure as a key player for them.

Wish they''d kept Sven!

See, I personally think the opposite. With Jo supposedly signing, Bojinov back to fitness and like a new signing and Benjani, Caicedo, Sturridge, Mpenza, Dickov, Corradi, Samaras and Vassell I reckon we might have a chance. I appreciate a large number of those will be shipped out (most likely everyone listed above from Mpenza onwards), but I still think Ched will be behind all of those.

I reckon there''s a good chance he''ll be allowed out on loan. The question is, though, where to? 

Why do people insist on making misleading titles for thier topics? Is it to make sure that they get attention?

Mark Hughes: No chance of Ched - sounds like a quote when all it is is an opinion of the OP.

Hello, i''m new to the forum, but a long time Norwich City Supporter, and i really thought young Ched had something last season, and if we can''t get him back on loan it will be a huge shame.

I see both pionts, that Hughes will not let him go because of the welsh connection, but i personally belive he will be out on loan again next season, and lets hope Mr. Roeder gets in there first, before the money bags or Cardiff

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

See, I personally think the opposite. With Jo supposedly signing, Bojinov back to fitness and like a new signing and Benjani, Caicedo, Sturridge, Mpenza, Dickov, Corradi, Samaras and Vassell I reckon we might have a chance. I appreciate a large number of those will be shipped out (most likely everyone listed above from Mpenza onwards), but I still think Ched will be behind all of those.

I reckon there''s a good chance he''ll be allowed out on loan. The question is, though, where to? 

[/quote]Dickov will be released, Samaras will leave, Corradi has done next to nothing, Mpenza was being linked with a move to the binners last week so can''t be that optimistic about his future at Eastlands... but even so they''ve still got tons of strikers. I think a loan is a strong possibility, but probably to a lower Prem club. His reputation has grown so much that I doubt he''d go back to the Championship.

[quote user="bunny"]

Why do people insist on making misleading titles for thier topics? Is it to make sure that they get attention?

Mark Hughes: No chance of Ched - sounds like a quote when all it is is an opinion of the OP.

[/quote]

That certainly wasn''t my intention, i did not mean to mislead anyone! I was just summing up my train of thought.

[quote user="Bryan Gunn"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

That certainly wasn''t my intention, i did not mean to mislead anyone! I was just summing up my train of thought.

[/quote]

Fair enough Bryan, I too thought it was a quote instead of an opinion but I''d rather have sensible opinions like yours than the one post wonders telling us all how we''re to announce 17 signings in a press conference this afternoon!

I wouldn''t worry too much as far as Ched is concerned with Mark Hughes taking over and the Welsh connection etc.  Fact is that when Hughes was Welsh manager he just concentrated on the senior team and had no interest in youth development.  It is only in the last 18 months that players like Gareth Bale, Chris Gunter, Aaron Ramsey, Wayne Hennessey, Sam Vokes and of course, Ched, have come through under the current management team led by Toshack.  He (Toshack) may be somewhat grumpy but, give him his due, he''s never been afraid to give youth a chance - two other examples that stand out are Alonso (Liverpool, soon to Juventus?) and the Turkish captain, Nihat, who scored 2 goals last night - both were developed by him.  Anyway, I digress - what my argument is that Ched''s loyalty at international level is towards Toshack and not Hughes - the two of them can''t stand each other.  More worrying is the news on certain websites that up to ten clubs have approached Man City about taking him on a season long loan - am sure he would like to come back to Norwich but as in life, we do not always get what we would like.